Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Doors - Morrison Hotel

Go down 
+3
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
ThrashedOutCobra33
7 posters
AuthorMessage

The Doors - Morrison Hotel Empty
PostSubject: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:08 am

This is not only my favourite Doors album, but one of my all-time favourite albums, rock or metal. This album definitely forshadowed the blues sound that would come on LA Woman. However, Morrison Hotel retains more of a rock'n'roll sound. There's also a bit of the Door's classic psychedelic sound (Waiting for the Sun, Blue Sunday, Queen of the Highway). This album is a mega-classic!

Any other fans?
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:45 am

I really dig it. Its the Doors at one of their best times. Peace frog is really catchy. And Ship of fools is just awesome
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:04 am

Yeah well it is brilliant, but then which Doors rekkid isn't a classic (cough!!! ahem post-Morrison rekkids).

Still it doesn't make my top 3 fav Doors appendages, they peaked with Strange Days imo. But then i'm weirdo like that.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:10 am

They were all great records with Jim. That's about the only band which I'm extremely fond of every record they ever made. My fave song of that record just might be Maggie M'Gill; hard to pick though.
Oddly, the Doors record I listen to the most right now is Soft Parade. The reason for that is just that it's the least overplayed by me, hence the freshest right now, but it's not my favorite. I love them all.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:41 am

One of my favs of The Doors cataloge.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:47 pm

If you listen to "Indian Summer" closely you'll notice the sound is very reminicent of the first lp, wich is because it's from that lp. It was an out take from those early recordings, you should also notice Jim's smooth vocals on that one, not as whiskey cured as they had become by then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 2:10 am

Waiting for the Sun is a great song.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:42 am

troublezone wrote:

Have you noticed this from a few bands, they will release a song that is the title of a previous lp, I've always wondered why is that, why wasn't it the title track of said lp?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:35 pm

I prefer the first one, but this is a great album. Ship of Fools is a excellent song. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:20 pm

candlemass wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Have you noticed this from a few bands, they will release a song that is the title of a previous lp, I've always wondered why is that, why wasn't it the title track of said lp?

Good point. I'm glad that they held off with that tune until Morrison Hotel. It really goes against the grain of the album. It's actually an unusually heavy song for them.

Oh man....what an awesome album
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doors - Morrison Hotel   The Doors - Morrison Hotel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doors - Morrison Hotel
Page 1 of 1