Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eidolon anyone?

Go down 
+3
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:53 pm

The Drover brother, who are or were recently in 'Deth, other band. I was looking around last night and didn't realize how many albums they had, thought it was just a couple. Sounds like some good power metal with a little thrash and some of their stuff is selling for cheap. What does anyone think?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:02 pm

I like the last album they did but cannot stand the vocals on the previous albums. I don't consider them power metal though either. Just regular metal to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:04 pm

I have 2 of their cd's (Coma Nation and Nightmare World, I think.) that I bought when I first heard about these guys joining Megadeth. Of those 2, I like Nightmare World slightly better. They are ok, I guess, but nothing that memorable. Technically proficient, skilled musicians and clean vocals, but after the cd is over, I totally forget what I just heard. Lacks hooks or something. But your accessment is correct. American (or in this case, Canadian) Power metal with some thrashy riffs.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:05 pm

I have all of their albums, and I really like 'em. Coma Nation might be my favorite. They are power metal allright. REAL power metal, not the Euro-metal that passes for powere these days.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:18 pm

I like THE PARALLEL OTHERWORLD with Nils K Rue from Pagans Mind on vocals a lot..
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:23 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
I like THE PARALLEL OTHERWORLD with Nils K Rue from Pagans Mind on vocals a lot..

If that is all you've heard from this band, I urge you to check out more. That is a very a-typical Eidolon album.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:12 pm

well i had heard some other songs here and there off of there other albums, but Nils vocals being he is one of my favorite vocalists kind of brought me to that album. Dont get me wrong those songs were good i just like Nils a lot better then the other guy..
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:31 pm

i Like them, Coma Nation is my fav
Back to top Go down

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 4:21 pm

Well, I ordered a couple. Nightmare World was only $3.50.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Great band all their albums are pretty solid imo, one of my favs is Sacred Shine-TJ
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:45 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
Great band all their albums are pretty solid imo, one of my favs is Sacred Shine-TJ

That's a best-of album, right?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 6:43 pm

I have the last 5 albums. It's just plain old metal played well, nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:13 pm

That's what it sounds like to me too Grand, and I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eidolon anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eidolon anyone?   Eidolon anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eidolon anyone?
Page 1 of 1