Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!

Go down 
+6
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
INVADERS
Zdan
Metallic Blaze
Alaskan Metalhead
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Empty
PostSubject: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:22 am

I am currently jamming out to Eidolon's "Parallel Otherworld" with Nils K. Rue on vocals. This CD is just awesome!! Nils is almost a perfect fit for the type of music that Eidolon puts out.

I do like the rest of the Eidolon catalog alot as well ( I have almost all of their stuff ). Brian Soulard did a good job on the other CD's. I've been on an incredible Eidolon kick today. Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! 564665

Anyone else love this band that features the brothers Drover (Shawn and Glenn)? Those boys definitely got their press time with Megadeth, but I love the slow to mid-tempo metal they put out in the Eidolon releases.

What say you, fellow metalheads? I've seen an Eidolon thread in the past, but I wanted to rekindle the flames. What do you think of this band? I truly enjoy every release they've had (I'm only missing one that I am aware of). The covers they do are stellar as well.

the Alaskan Metalhead
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:27 am

I absolutely loved the few Eidolon songs I've heard.

Why haven't I gotten an album? I don't know. Timing I guess.

Nils K. Rue is my all time favorite vocalist though, with Pagan's Mind being my all time favorite band.

So I need to get me some! In a bad way.

Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! 253444
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:52 am

Love Eidolon to death - own most of their catalogue. My favourite would be "Apostles Of Defiance" - for the thrashiness added to their music on that one. Hard hitting power/thrash of the new millenium. Love that record to bits - every second of it. Second would be "Coma Nation" which is basicly a more melodic version of "Apostles". Or "Apostles" being a more thrash version of "Coma..." Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:23 am

got all their stuff. awesome band.
Coma Nation is an awesome album!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:56 am

My initial interest in these guys was the Drover brothers/Megadeth connection. I have Coma Nation and one other that I can't remember at the moment. I need to re-visit both albums, it's been awhile and I'm currently trimming some more fat off of my collection. We'll see if Eidolon makes the cut.

EDIT: The other album is Nightmare World.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri May 14, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:44 am

I've been meaning to check out the one with Nils singing as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:05 pm

I also love Apostles Of Defiance best but they're all good. These guys need more recognition.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Is Eidolon still a current band and are the Drover brothers still involved?

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Can't find any current info. Their Myspace hasn't been changed since December.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:35 pm

I've liked Eidolon since 'Nightmare World" was a new release. And I own every album from them, save for a best-of thingy. I think "Coma Nation" is my favorite.

Still, as much as I love Nils, I never thought he fit in with Eidolon. I prefer the bands more thrashier music, and they need a singer with grit. Nils is too clean, and more prog/metal than thrash.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I absolutely loved the few Eidolon songs I've heard.

Why haven't I gotten an album? I don't know. Timing I guess.

Nils K. Rue is my all time favorite vocalist though, with Pagan's Mind being my all time favorite band.

So I need to get me some! In a bad way.

Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! 253444

I agree with everything thing this man said right here, even up to Pagans Mind being his favorite band headbanger The only difference is I own the Eidolon album...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 9:42 pm

Eidolon is a very cool band indeed.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Back to top Go down
Morrison
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 11:23 pm

Their style is too heavy for me, but I'll admit they deserve more recognition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!   Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eidolon-is this a cool band or what?!
Page 1 of 1