Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madonna and Pantera?

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Rex
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Madonna and Pantera? Empty
PostSubject: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Check it out around the 6:20 mark. A New Level!

I'll loose all metal cred by saying this, but I actually kinda liked the song anyway. lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:33 pm

You expect us to sit through the first 6:19 of this poop?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:34 pm

lol well, you could let it load and then skip to it if you cared enough.
I just thought it was odd enough to post it for amusement sake.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:35 pm

I listened to the whole thing. The speakers on my computer here suck, so it sounded horrid.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:36 pm

lol do you think she knows that?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Very well. It better be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:37 pm

Bwahahahahahahaha!! Laughing Madonna is totally rippin it up on the axe!! FULL SCHREDD!! Dime would be proud!! 🤘

Seriously, this may just be my inner 14 year old talking but I had a mad crush on her back in the 80s... she's lookin pretty good for her age!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon May 12, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:41 pm

A classic ABBA song, a very poor version angry
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Surely she does. I'd find it hard to believe that she wouldn't know what her band is playing. Question would be, does anyone in the audience have any idea what they are playing (or trying to). lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I listened to the whole thing. The speakers on my computer here suck, so it sounded horrid.

It wasn't your speakers.

Ugh. I want those last 7:00 minutes of my life back. Madonna and Pantera? 288219
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:55 pm

Rexorcist wrote:

Surely she does. I'd find it hard to believe that she wouldn't know what her band is playing. Question would be, does anyone in the audience have any idea what they are playing (or trying to). lol

I dunno. I cant see Madonna having any Pantera cds in her collection but who knows. I guess someones gonna have to volanteer to go to Madonnas house and find out.

Another thing... I didnt even know Madonna could play guitar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Someone had to have known that was a Pantera riff. It's identical. No way that's a coincidence.

I didn't know she could play guitar. She's not very good, but it was interesting, I guess. She's not very good with interacting with the crowd, though. It was painful when she was talking.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Someone had to have known that was a Pantera riff. It's identical. No way that's a coincidence.

I didn't know she could play guitar. She's not very good, but it was interesting, I guess. She's not very good with interacting with the crowd, though. It was painful when she was talking.

Seeing her strap on a guitar reminds me of when guys like Vince Neil or Mick Jagger do it for one song. Like it really makes a difference to the quality of the song. Hey Mick, I'm sure Ronnie & Keith appreciate the assistance! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Its not too bad, I have heard WAY WORSE. Just come to Vegas on any given night for a good joke on how bad musicians can suck! Her interaction with the crowd is lame, but Madonna's older and she's not exactly feeling like a virgin anymore. Her times of mass popularity and being a diva-like person is pretty much over. She's on the same level as Cindy Lauper or someone of that character from the 80's now.

As for the Pantera riff, who knows. They may have added the Pantera riff to rock out at the end of the song. It's probably one of her band members that suggested it and they jammed it out. Thats all I can think of.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 4:56 pm

strange
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:00 am

Looks like Madonna needs a few more guitar lessons. Satisfaction sounded pretty struggled.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:29 am

Lurideath wrote:
It's probably one of her band members that suggested it and they jammed it out. Thats all I can think of.

That's where I'd bet my money too.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Again, I can't watch this vodeo, it tells me it's gone!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:56 pm

Some info about this on blabbermouth

Pop superstar MADONNA paid tribute to "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott by playing what sounds a lot like the main riff to PANTERA's classic song "A New Level" during her May 10, 2008 performance at Radio One's Big Weekend at Mote Park in Maidstone, UK.

Watch the footage below. (The "A New Level" riff can be heard six minutes and 20 seconds into the video.)

MADONNA's current touring guitarist and guitar teacher is none other than Monte Pittman, who has also recorded and toured with PRONG.

According to Bug magazine, Pittman landed the job as MADONNA's touring guitarist after a man called the music store in Los Angeles where Pittman was working inquiring about guitar lessons, and Monte's name was passed along. That customer was none other than Guy Ritchie, film director extraordinaire and soon-to-be husband of Madonna. "Guy was my third student," Monte told Bug. "That was before 'Snatch' came out, and I didn't know who he was. It turns out he and Madonna were dating. He had just had some surgery done on his knee, I believe, so he was off his feet and she got him a guitar. He started taking lessons, and he got pretty good at it. I remember the day 'Music' [Madonna's CD] came out, and I taught him a few things from it. I thought it would be cool for him to play them for her."

When Guy returned the favor and bought Madonna a guitar, she started taking lessons from Monte as well. "It was the same thing as Guy — she learned everything I gave her," Monte told Bug. "She took it seriously, and worked really hard at it. She learned so much so quickly. That's one thing about Madonna — her drive is incredible."

A month after Madonna started playing guitar, she got called to perform on "The Late Show with David Letterman". She invited me to come play with her, and I thought she was pulling my leg at first," Monte told Bug, "but she was serious."

"A New Level" originally appeared on the PANTERA album "Vulgar Display of Power", which came out in February 1992.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Makes sense now. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
Makes sense now. Thanks.

I still don't get it. Why would she be paying tribute? It wasn't on his birthday or anniversary of his death, was it? And how many people at a Madonna concert would make that connection? Also, is there some connection to the guitar teacher and Pantera? Perhaps this Monte guy met or knew Dimebag, but the article doesn't mention that, does it? And did Monte teach Maddona that Pantera riff? Am I missing something here?

I'm not trying to be argumenative or anything. I'm just asking questions. That Blabbermouth article explains nothing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:15 pm

I think that since the guitar teacher recorded and toured with Prong he knew who Pantera was not necissarily know them personally but knew their music and liked them. If he toured with prong back in the day chances are they did a tour together somewhere along the line. Maybe that was the first song he taught her on guitar.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:18 am

well Pantera were big Prong fans from wut know maybe that had something to do with it
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:20 am

I think that since the guitar teacher recorded and toured with Prong he knew who Pantera was not necissarily know them personally but knew their music and liked them. If he toured with prong back in the day chances are they did a tour together somewhere along the line. Maybe that was the first song he taught her on guitar.

Quote :
well Pantera were big Prong fans from wut know maybe that had something to do with it

Right. But see, we're speculating and guessing about it. There is no clear answer in that article and it explains nothing. It's very poorly written and they're trying to make some vauge connection between Madonna and Dimebag.

Why am I obsessing over something so trivial? It's an article from Blabbermouth for Pete's sake!! This message board is evil.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:31 am

You are over-thinking this for sure MetalGuy. Laughing

I'll sum it up. The ex-Prong guy likes Pantera. The ex-Prong guy got invited to play/tour with Madonna's band. The ex-Prong guy liking Pantera said "Hey this would be cool to do at the end of this song, check it out". And they did, and they did it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madonna and Pantera?   Madonna and Pantera? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madonna and Pantera?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next