Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Almighty

Go down 
+5
Selvmord
Shiney
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:05 am

Never saw a thread about these guys so i thought i'd ask if anyone is familiar with them? I had their Powertrippin cd in high school but lost track of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKUECKCFyOY&feature=related
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:11 am

I like these guys. My favorite is Blood, Fire and Love but the S/T that came out on Sanctuary several years ago was good too.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:18 am

Oops, double post.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:20 am

I just bought their comp disc "The Anthf***ingology". That's what it's actually called; the stars are in the title on the cover.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:13 am

I had one of their cd's. Can't remember which one it was. I can see the cover in my mind, but the name escapes me. Anyway, I guess it didn't hold my attention much because I no longer own it. At the time, they sounded like they'd be right up my alley (dirty, sleazy, biker rock), but I guess I was wrong.

EDIT: Blood Sweat and Love was the cd I had. Like you care.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Love this biker metal band...

'Blood Fire & Love" is my favorite...But they are all solid...

"Soul Destruction" and the s/t are great...

Ricky Warwick's solo material is not bad either,,

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:02 pm

As usual Shiney, we agree on bands.

I love the biker metal vibe on Blood, Fire Love. Sadly, that same vibe doesn't seem to be on the other Almighty discs I own.

I'm really looking forward to receiving the comp disc I just ordered.

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:03 pm

Toho, did you not like the album Soul Destruction ? some great tracks on that, "Devil's Toy" & "Free n' easy" for instance.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:09 pm

The only ALMIGHTY disc I never really warmed to was "Just Add Life"...it's okay, but that's about it..

Last edited by Shiney on Fri May 09, 2008 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Locky wrote:
Toho, did you not like the album Soul Destruction ? some great tracks on that, "Devil's Toy" & "Free n' easy" for instance.

I don't have that one. I have Blood...., Just Add Life, and the S/T from several years ago. Precisely why I bought the anthology disc. I knew I was missing a lot of the catalog.

Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Loved Powertrippin
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Ricky was a former member of the great New Model Army i think.

Ya gotta love that brit scene back then, all those dirty post-punk/goth survivors jumping on the harley davidson in the late 80's. I mean who wouldn't be inspired by Electric and the Cult's transformation to jetsetting rock gods and tamers of America's highways.

Don't really have a favourite but Powertrippin comes close. (Really gives off a Circus Of Power Magic & Madness vibe with that one?)

Apparently great live, as an older friend can attest to having seen them support the Screaming Jets down here.

No doubt these guys had it over American counterparts Two Bit Thief, Little Ceaser & Johnny Crash and were on par with Junkyard but they never measured up to fellow tattooed bad boys Circus Of Power & the Four Horsemen. Which may have been the reason for their lack of success Stateside although it's not like their fellow Motorcycle Boy's enjoyed any success either.

And what is it with these flame haired brit frontman from the late 80's/early 90's? Ricky Warwick, Tyla and Ginger.

Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:29 pm

"Joy Bang One Time"-TJ
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Soul Destruction is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 1:50 am

I really liked Powertrippin'; still do. But the anthology tells me that I wouldn't like their other stuff as much from what I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Almighty
Page 1 of 1