Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Almighty

Go down 
+9
Dr8breed74
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Glower
tohostudios
Gilbert
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Deluxe editions of Blood, Fire & Love and Soul Destruction set to launch in February. The Almighty’s first two albums are to be reissued early next year.

Spinefarm Records will release 1989’s Blood, Fire & Love and 1991’s Soul Destruction on February 9th under the RE-F**KIN’-ISSUES banner. The label owns the rights to the band’s Polydor output and will also issue further releases from the group later in 2015.

The band’s debut Blood, Fire & Love will be packaged as a three-disc set, including the Blood, Fire & Live album along with a disc of demos and rarities. Soul Destruction will be a two-disc release featuring B-sides, live material and acoustic tracks.

BLOOD, FIRE & LOVE TRACKLIST
CD1
Resurrection Mutha
Destroyed
Wild & Wonderful
Blood, Fire & Love
Gifthorse
You’ve Gone Wild
Lay Down The Law
Power
Full Force Lovin’ Machine
Detroit
New Love Sensation

CD2
BLOOD, FIRE & LIVE
Full Force Lovin’ Machine
You’ve Gone Wild
Lay Down The Law
Blood, Fire & Love
Destroyed
Wild & Wonderful
Resurrection Mutha
You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet

CD3
Destroyed (Demo)
Lay Down The Law (Demo)
Full Force Lovin’ Machine (Demo)
Destroyed (Radio Edit)
Love Me To Death
Blood, Fire & Love (Metal Version)
Wild & Wonderful (Live)
Lay Down The Law (Live)
Power (Killerwatt Mix)
Power (Live)
Power (Dub Version)
Thunderbird
Good God Almighty
Power (Friday Rock Show)
Wild & Wonderful (Friday Rock Show)
Destroyed (Friday Rock Show)
Thunderbird (Friday Rock Show)

SOUL DESTRUCTION

CD1
Crucify
Free ’N’ Easy
Joy Bang One Time
Love Religion
Bandaged Knees
Praying To The Red Light
Sin Against The Light
Little Lost Sometimes
Devil’s Toy
What More Do You Want
Hell To Pay
Loaded

CD2
Free ’N’ Easy (7-inch edit)
Bodies
Hell To Pay (Acoustic)
Devil’s Toy (7-inch edit)
Bad Temptation
Loaded (Live 1991)
Little Lost Sometimes (Radio edit)
Wild Road To Satisfaction
Crucify (Live 1991)
Detroit Rock City (Live 1991)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Never heard of these dudes, but a quick glance at some reviews on Amazon and I am surprised they've never come across my path.

Though it looks like the original albums are not expensive at all, despite being out of print. But I guess this way the band (presumably) gets some new revenue on their music, if people buy them. Plus the extra stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:35 pm

On paper, they seemed like a band that would be right up my alley, but for whatever reason, they've never quite clicked with me. I had a disc or 2 over the years, but nothing that really grabbed me.

I think that maybe they were bigger overseas and never quite cracked the American market, when every label was looking for the next GnR, signing every greasy, biker rock band they could find.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:39 pm

I have their first two albums and they are solid sleaze metal. I doubt I'll pick up the reissues though, but if sleaze is your thing they might be worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Interesting name for a band. Need to check these guys out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:17 pm

I hope they're remixing Blood, Fire And Love. It's a killer album but the muddy mix has always bugged me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:28 pm

I have loved these guys since day one - lol -
I think the singer went Country and Western -
This is my first time hearing the folk guitar version of this one -
it's good !
their first CD I HIGHLY recommend The Almighty 56834
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:59 pm

I only had their Powertrippin' album. The other stuff any good?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I only had their Powertrippin' album. The other stuff any good?

I'm partial to Blood, Fire and Love.  This was the first Almighty song I ever heard (F bombs abound):

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:12 pm

BTW, this is one of many bands I discovered by visiting a record store and checking out the employees' selections on a "listening post". Remember those? I discovered a ton of bands that way.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:26 pm

I like their gritty post GnR-style. It also has a similar feel to the first LA Guns album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I like their gritty post GnR-style. It also has a similar feel to the first LA Guns album.

Yeah, right down to the same crappy sound that the first LA Guns album had.   That's why I'm hoping they remix it on these reissues but I'm not holding my breath.

That's a great comparison BTW, this Almighty album reminds me a lot of the first LA Guns album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 pm

One more song - has a LA Guns kinda feel -
but they were a tough band for sure - drink - drugs - women - tats -
this tune always made me smile, like he knows he's just living way too fast -
I felt they were a crash and burn band -who bashed it out primative !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:15 pm

Glower wrote:

One more song - has a LA Guns kinda feel -
but they were a tough band for sure - drink - drugs - women - tats -
this tune always made me smile, like he knows he's just living way too fast -
I felt they were a crash and burn band -who bashed it out primative !

That definitely has that early LA Guns sound. In fact, the more I think about it, that's the best way to describe The Almighty.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:30 pm

The British rock/metal mags (i.e. Metal Hammer, Metal Forces, Kerrang!, etc.) that I read used to pimp the hell out of The Almighty back in the day but they never really caught on in the U.S.

I've still got a little 4-track 7-inch compilation EP from an ish of Metal Hammer with this track on it. Good stuff but I never investigated them further.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:43 am

Great band. I remember when 'Soul Destruction' came out back in 1989. I think it was the end of a good period of music for myself. Things started to change and that showed on the album that came out after, Crank. A lot heavier in many ways, a great release.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 2:57 am

I only have Crank and Powertrippin', but I love both and are always on the lookout for other stuff by them. Hard to come by over here, though. Wish I'd hear them prior to living in England; I'm sure I could have found most of their stuff while over there.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:00 am

tohostudios wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, right down to the same crappy sound that the first LA Guns album had.   That's why I'm hoping they remix it on these reissues but I'm not holding my breath.

That's a great comparison BTW, this Almighty album reminds me a lot of the first LA Guns album.

Officially sold. I will be checking these dudes out, as LA Guns s/t is one of my absolute favorites of the genre.

I like the sound on it though. Never saw any need for remixing it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 11:31 am

Guess I'll have to pull out Powertrippin' again and see if it does anything for me.

FUN FACT: While reading over the band history on Wikipedia, I discovered that guitarist Pete Friesen, aka Pete Freezin', was in Alice Cooper's band and had a brief appearance in Wayne's World. Kooky!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:18 pm

I just received a 7" single of these guys. Need to check out more.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 4:56 pm

I got Crank on tape and the one that came out after. I was going through a phase of collecting tapes, these where fairly cheep, but the UK seems to have a good market on this band, shame not enough made it overseas.
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I only have Crank and Powertrippin', but I love both and are always on the lookout for other stuff by them. Hard to come by over here, though. Wish I'd hear them prior to living in England; I'm sure I could have found most of their stuff while over there.

You can get Blood Fire Love used on Amazon for 11.99. Of course, I got it for 5.99 at Great Escape Records in Nashville circa 1990 or so.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 5:20 pm

The one to avoid like the plague is "Just Add Life", I used to see that one in cutout and used bins for a buck or so and after picking it up for $1.99 I felt totally ripped off.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You can get Blood Fire Love used on Amazon for 11.99.  Of course, I got it for 5.99 at Great Escape Records in Nashville circa 1990 or so.

Yeah, that's too high for me. I try to be more of a bargain shopper. I think, I can buy one CD for $11.99...or three, maybe more, for $11.99. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The one to avoid like the plague is "Just Add Life", I used to see that one in cutout and used bins for a buck or so and after picking it up for $1.99 I felt totally ripped off.

I have that album. It's The Almighty chasing after the whole pop- punk/ska crowd. Way different from their earlier albums. I really like Soul Destruction and Crank. Haven't spun them in quite some time though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Almighty Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Almighty   The Almighty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Almighty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next