Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Right, I'm off

Go down 
+13
EvyMetal
rattpoison
the sentinel
Stender
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
kmorg
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
mc666
Smindas
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Right, I'm off - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:26 pm

At first I was just going to agree with the title and ask: why state the obvious?

Have a good one mate. Get your shots.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:40 am

Greetings from Japan. The CD stores here are awesome, there`s a disgustingly good amount of metal on offer unlike back at home.

I`ve been staying with relatives in Tokyo for the last 5 days, then on Saturday, my friend Alex and I will begin our actual journeying around the country. Should be fun!

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:46 am

sounds like fun... grab me an asian gal while you're there. i'll try & talk my wife into letting me keep her.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 7:55 am

Hey buddy! Glad you made it safe. Took good pics and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:08 am

Watch out for Godzilla and his pals!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Godzilla attacks are a very real concern. I`ve started keeping a blog of some description, but I have no clue how often I`m going to be updating it. Regardless, here`s the link for anyone interested, it might be a tad sloppily written and hard to follow - no different than my posts, really!

http://smindas-biginjapan.blogspot.com

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:56 pm

Cool blog, Smindas.

As for the Godzilla attacks, don't they have Giant Monster Attack sirens stationed in strategic places around the big cities over there? I thought they were required for when Godzilla or some other critter comes ashore. That way the population hears the sirens and they know that it's time to start running through the streets screaming and pointing upward.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:29 pm

lol!

Seriously, see if you can find some cans of Godzilla and Rodan meat. I think the Godzilla meat is corned beef and the Rodan meat is chicken. They started manufacturing this stuff several years ago. I don't know if they still make it or not.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 4:14 am

While you're there could you translate the beginning of "Urotsukidoji" by Testament??
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:52 am

Can`t say I`d be able to translate it Evy, all I know is the voices are all samples from an anime film of the same name.

I`ll keep an eye out for that Godzilla meat Toho, but so far, I`ve seen none Sad

Trip`s been going great so far, albeit tiring. I`ve added a couple of posts to the blog for anyone interested.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 4:53 am

Oh I also picked up Shadow Gallery`s Carved In Stone for about two pounds sterling (there`s no symbol for sterling on this keyboard, which saddens me).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:59 pm

I return! Jet lagged and already missing Japan. I eventually decided to go see Avantasia in Tokyo BTW - amazing gig, indeed!

What have I missed?

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Welcome back! Tell us and show us all about it when you get a chance. Tell Kimiko "hi".
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Yeah, tell us about Avatansia, and about CD hunting!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:51 pm

And the Geishas?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Avantasia was fantastic. Great concert, Tobi, Andre, Jorn and everyone else were on top form. Going to a concept in Japan was rather different to home, everything's so much more orderly - the crowd even go completely silent when the frontman speaks. Unfortunately, I get the impression a lot of the crowd didn't quite get a lot of the jokes Tobi was making, which was a shame as he's quite the funny man.

CD hunting in Japan was rather hit and miss. Sometimes you could find a good second hand store, but in general CDs are quite expensive out there so I didn't pick many up. The best ones I picked up though were probably hide's Psyence (hide being the ex-guitarist to X Japan), which is a fantastic CD, anfd then this CD I bought from this traditional folk band who were busking on the streets of Kyoto. I didn't not expect a bunch of 17-18 year old Japanese guys to be playing British style folk music, but damn were they impressive!

Unfortunately, I didn't see any real Geishas. My friend Alex did one night when he went out for a walk around our hostel in Kyoto, but the photo he got was quite poor quality unfortunately. When I got back to Tokyo and was visiting the temple in Asakusa, I did see one woman in incredibly elaborate traditional Japanese clothing and make up - a sort of fake Geisha is you will. That was interesting.

PostSubject: Re: Right, I'm off   Right, I'm off - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Right, I'm off
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: