Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got one for you Gents

Go down 
+15
mc666
Tall Tyrion
Thrasher73
Stender
the sentinel
James B.
krokus
Wargod
DallasBlack
iamrockerfun
rattpoison
Smindas
White_Mage
MoonChild
ThrashedOutCobra33
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Slash Over Rated?
Yes
I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 12 ]
No
I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got one for you Gents   I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
GnR is sooooo overrated. Hell, the only album I like by them is Appetite, which admittedly is classic. But after that, they did nothing IMO. They don't even have much of a catalog to judge. Yet people revere this band like they invented rock n roll.

Hey i'm with you, i loathe those bloated Use Your Delusions records and the current form of the band.

But Appetite is so good that it warrants classic status for this band.

One classic album is enough, just ask the Sex Pistols.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got one for you Gents   I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 7:00 pm

GNR is slightly overrated. They have one great, classic album. There's no denying that. But the follow-ups didn't compare, though they were good. And now the band is a joke. I think they made one of the greatest rock albums of all time, but I could argue the notion of them being one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

That said, I don't think it's a case worth arguing. They're not that overrated.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: I got one for you Gents   I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:16 am

I voted no. I think he's a great guitarist.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: I got one for you Gents   I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 7:52 am

i would agree in parts he has a nice bluesy stlye but listen to afd and there is some sloppy guitar work on there
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: I got one for you Gents   I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:01 pm

TheGooch wrote:
...listen to afd and there is some sloppy guitar work on there

It's called Rock N' Roll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got one for you Gents   I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:11 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Bingo, bingo!

B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O & BINGO was his name....... ahhh the classics lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got one for you Gents   I got one for you Gents - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got one for you Gents
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2