Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!

Go down 
+16
candlemass
Rex
the sentinel
Chairman_Smith
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
TrogDawn
DallasBlack
Stender
mc666
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
Smindas
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:44 pm

I once heard a line in a movie that has really stuck with me for a long time now. The guy said that "the hardest thing to do in the world is believe in something." He was referencing religion in general, but it made alot of sense to me. I have always gone to church, save for those few times I have had some doubts as, everyone who believes for long periods of time has had. I find it funny that all of the people who gave me the holier than thou attitude years ago because of my love of heavy metal, no longer attend church. I still do, and feel that my faith is stronger than ever. Talk about posers! I don't go for them, I go to give respect and to glorify God; and also, to learn something from the Homily each week. It's very easy to turn away and blame God when things go wrong or don't turn out the way you want them to; I know that for sure. But I find that the old addage of "and this too shall pass" comes in pretty handy at those times. The former pastor of my parish told a story during mass once about when things go wrong don't ask, "why me?" rather ask, "what now?" Accept what has happened and do something about it to better it for yourself. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:22 pm

We went yesterday (like we normally do). But it was our turn to keep the nursery so instead of being in the normal service my wife and I were watching the babies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
We went yesterday (like we normally do). But it was our turn to keep the nursery so instead of being in the normal service my wife and I were watching the babies.

My wife and I do that from time to time at our church too. If nothing else, it makes us glad we decided to stop after the second kid. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

LOL True! We had a pretty good time yesterday, all the kids were good and easy to please.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I got completely turned off to church for two main reasons.

1) when I was a kid, I was at church about 4 times a week because both my parents were Sunday School teachers, were in the choir and my dad was a deacon and my mom was in charge of decorating the church. So in addition to Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night, I frequently was dragged to church for various rehearsals and meetings. I feel like I spent half of my life in church until I went to college.

2) When I lived in TN, my fiance at the time was part of an independent Baptist church so naturally, to make nice with her extremely untrusting and suspicious parents, I went to her church. I've never seen a more judgemental group of people in my life. And this church was all about numbers. After Sunday School, they'd brag about the number of children saved that morning. And I'm talking about kids that were like 5 or 6 years old. Not to start what I know is a sore subject for some, this was a "turn or burn" church and I know the message given to these little kids was "repent or you're going to burn in hell and be away from Mommy and Daddy" forever. A lot of these kids were crying when they were paraded before the congregation in the service after Sunday School.

When my engagement fell apart (she was sleeping with members of the college football team), I resigned to never set foot in a church again. To me, a church is just brick and mortar. And the prevailing judgemental attitudes I've seen have totally turned me off to going.

That's tragic and quite sad, sorry your experience was not a good one, unfortunatly, not uncommon. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:31 pm

I was recently confirmed in the Catholic Church, been going to mass regularly, the Catholic Church is my last refuge, my last hope.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:41 am

ha ha i aint been to church in eight years excluding weddings etc

i work on a sunday so i dont have time not that i would go anyway
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:42 am

I only go to church on Christmas and Easter. And even then, it's usually under protest.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:53 pm

Neither am I a church goer nor am I a christian! But I will willing to go to METAL CHURCH anytime! 🤘
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 8:52 am

That's great Cmass! You're a warrior! REALLY good stuff Sent.

NOW, GO ALL! NOW LAME EXCUSES! Enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 1:24 pm

I never go to church...except once, but that's when someone died.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: