Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!

Go down 
+16
candlemass
Rex
the sentinel
Chairman_Smith
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
TrogDawn
DallasBlack
Stender
mc666
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
Smindas
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Empty
PostSubject: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 9:27 am

It's Sunday morning and I'm walking out the door, I better not see any posts while I'm gone since you're all walking out the door to church AS WELL!! STOP YOUR BELLY ACHING AND GO!

Last edited by T-Roy on Sun May 18, 2008 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 10:13 am

I'm not going to church today. My five year old has bronchitis, so I think the Lord will understand.

(resists urge to say "I'm not going to church today! Neener neener neener!")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Didnt go today either.Ahhh,feels good to sleep in sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Not everyone here goes to church / lives in the same time zone, T-Roy.

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:01 pm

I've been once in 15 years.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:56 pm

i'm goin every sunday, if i don't go i'm feelin' very bad. it happens sometimes that i don't go but have to go next sunday.
i like to go to church.

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Cffile_10_16_05_5_50_20_PM

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Cffile_10_16_05_5_51_49_PM
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:57 pm

I go to church when someone dies. Or when I'm making really tiny sandwiches and I need some really tiny bread.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Imarocker - is that your Church? Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 2:30 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Imarocker - is that your Church? Gorgeous!

yes it is.
built in 1647
proud of it !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:53 pm

i have never stepped inside of a church in my entire life. i might turn to salt.

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm Seventh Day Adventist. I'll post all day if I want.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:09 pm

I usually get in a couple posts, before I go to church
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 4:29 pm

The Lord will forgive me for missing it this one time. In order not to have a pounding headache at the concert, I had to get to sleep right after work. If the Lord was upset at me, I doubt that he would have let all the pieces fall into place and I'd miss the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:31 pm

I'm taking the day off so I can pump my fist in victory.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 9:33 pm

ROTF, okay, alright, we'll try this thread again Sunday PEOPLE!!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:07 am

mc666 wrote:
i have never stepped inside of a church in my entire life. i might turn to salt.
OKAY!! Lets try this again, shall we peeps. Saxon....you're excused I guess. MC...make sure it's a brick church brother!! LOL!

NOW GO!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:42 am

I got completely turned off to church for two main reasons.

1) when I was a kid, I was at church about 4 times a week because both my parents were Sunday School teachers, were in the choir and my dad was a deacon and my mom was in charge of decorating the church. So in addition to Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night, I frequently was dragged to church for various rehearsals and meetings. I feel like I spent half of my life in church until I went to college.

2) When I lived in TN, my fiance at the time was part of an independent Baptist church so naturally, to make nice with her extremely untrusting and suspicious parents, I went to her church. I've never seen a more judgemental group of people in my life. And this church was all about numbers. After Sunday School, they'd brag about the number of children saved that morning. And I'm talking about kids that were like 5 or 6 years old. Not to start what I know is a sore subject for some, this was a "turn or burn" church and I know the message given to these little kids was "repent or you're going to burn in hell and be away from Mommy and Daddy" forever. A lot of these kids were crying when they were paraded before the congregation in the service after Sunday School.

When my engagement fell apart (she was sleeping with members of the college football team), I resigned to never set foot in a church again. To me, a church is just brick and mortar. And the prevailing judgemental attitudes I've seen have totally turned me off to going.

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:11 pm

Only when I'm obligated don't see why we should go to the church maybe 'cuz I'm not as old as everybody here.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I resigned to never set foot in a church again. To me, a church is just brick and mortar. And the prevailing judgemental attitudes I've seen have totally turned me off to going.

Unfortunately, too many people have a story like this.

I go almost every week. It helps me to keep my focus on God and connect with other believers for fellowship. There are some people that I might not rather see, but I try not to let people like that get me down or dissuade me from attending. It's rough sometimes, but I figure there are as many reasons to go as not.

Bottom line is, people suck, but I don't let those people dictate to me what I do or don't do. If it gets too bad, I just move on or avoid them as much as I can. I figure there are probably people who feel the same way about me sometimes.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I resigned to never set foot in a church again. To me, a church is just brick and mortar. And the prevailing judgemental attitudes I've seen have totally turned me off to going.

Unfortunately, too many people have a story like this.

I go almost every week. It helps me to keep my focus on God and connect with other believers for fellowship. There are some people that I might not rather see, but I try not to let people like that get me down or dissuade me from attending. It's rough sometimes, but I figure there are as many reasons to go as not.

Bottom line is, people suck, but I don't let those people dictate to me what I do or don't do. If it gets too bad, I just move on or avoid them as much as I can. I figure there are probably people who feel the same way about me sometimes.

I'm with you there. Unfortunatly Christianity has been plagued by people who preach the word but don't live it. If your a believer it is good for you to be with other believers because God doesn't expect us to go through life alone (many times that is a cause for falling away from the faith). By being part of a body of believers you can keep eachother grounded in the faith and it shows unity to those around you. What I mean by that last part is that when an unbeliever sees believers arguing, bickering and belittling each other that could be enough to turn them away from the Gospel completly. However, on the same token if believers are united and are showing brotherly love towards one another, that may be the very thing that brings them to the Lord.

Quote :
don't see why we should go to the church

That depends if your a follower of Christ or not. The purpose of church is for people who believe to come together and worship God and the things he's done in their lives. It is a place where we can come together and learn the Word of God and discuss ways to apply it to our lives. It also draws us closer as brothers and sisters in Christ. We don't go because it is a commandment nor do we go for a social gathering. We go because we love the Lord and want to give him praise. In other words a church is more than a building it is the people contained within it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 2:19 pm

I haven't been "christian" per say for several years now, but even if I was, I probably woulden't go, because I've never been to one that seems to actually care that they are worshipping God. I prefer the long extended conversations on spiritualism that my roommate and I have.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:05 pm

Good Post TT.I dont want people affecting my walk.We're all human and have flaws.
I do know how you feel though Toho.I was raised in a similar situation.My mom taught Sunday School and I was at church 3-4 times a week.I Loved it until I got out on my own.Then I started missing more and more.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:19 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Good Post TT.I dont want people affecting my walk.We're all human and have flaws.

Yeah, I've tried to take to heart the axiom "If you ever find the perfect church, stay away because you'll mess it up." We're all flawed. Some people's flaws I can put up wiuth better than others, but nobody's perfect, including me.

Actually, that's the whole point of Christianity. lol!

Quote :

I do know how you feel though Toho.I was raised in a similar situation.My mom taught Sunday School and I was at church 3-4 times a week.I Loved it until I got out on my own.Then I started missing more and more.

Yep, I initially loved the freedom of being able to skip church and sleep in if I felt like it, but it got to be something I was missing more and more. Having other people around to bounce off of spiritually helps us to stay more focused, IMO.

Plus, having kids made me re-evaluate a lot of things.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 10:24 pm

That was a good post DB, as a believer I'm encouraged, I've been going through a spiritual drought lately.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Church was nice yesterday. The Homily was delivered by a Priest who was formerly stationed at the parish and is now the head of Vocational studies for the diocese. It was nice to see an old face. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!   RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIECHEN SIE DIE KOLBEN IN DER KIRCHE...WOW!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: