Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Somthing to think about

Go down 
+16
Muloc7253
the sentinel
UltraMagnus007
Invader
Troublezone
DallasBlack
DeathCult
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
mc666
powermacho
Required Fields
SAHB Healer
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
SuprimuS
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

Somthing to think about Empty
PostSubject: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:35 pm

well,
i was wondering what has been your favorite show youve been to. What band and when was it ?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Rolling Stones, 1994, Giants Stadium. The Voodoo Lounge tour. Lots of FX which is something I didn't expect. Gigantic multilevel stage with computer graphics screen and giant inflatable monsters that shot laser beams. That show turned me from indifference to the band to a major fan.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Bride/Stryper - Canton, OH - The Palace Theater.

Dale singing with Stryper was a particular highlight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Twisted Sister - A Twisted Christmas tour Orlando, FL 2006. Completely awesome!

They played The Fire Still Burns.

THE FIRE STILL BURNS! Wow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:38 pm

King's X with Galactic Cowboys. King's X is more than a concert and the GC were fun.

The Mindcrime tour was cool the first time around.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:55 pm

A Nik Turner show with a bunch of old Hawkwind members in about 1994.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:01 pm

there are some more here,

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/name-some-of-your-most-memorable-concerts-t1297.htm?highlight=concerts
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:40 pm

Slayer in Halifax, 2004.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Aerosmith/Motley Crue - Route of All Evil Tour

Motley opened. Their performance wasn't all that spectacular. The arena was only about half full during their set. They just seemed to be on auto pilot, not like on the Carnival of Sins tour. Still, it was cool to see Motley as an opener!

Then, the almighty! 🤘 🤘 AEROSMITH!!!! Oh my god was I freaking out! Aerosmith is my third fav band (second at the time....still, very close behind AC/DC and KISS), and I worship them. They could have just sat there and picked their noses, and I still would have loved every minute of it. Of course, they didn't. The show was full of energy. Tyler was a force. Seriously, that guy in concert is something words can't describe. The best part was the set list. Many obscure tunes from the old days thrown in. The highlight of the night by far was when they brought out Nikki Sixx to the stage for a special only-time-on-the-tour performance of "Helter Skelter". That was so cool.

Talk about a devoted fan: I had final exams the afternoon of the concert, and the morning after. I had to leave school immediately to go catch the ferry to go to Vancouver...hop the bus on the ferry to downtown (by the way, no one was willing to pay as much for a ticket as me, and so I was by myself...only concert I've seen alone), catch a cab to my Uncle's place at 1 in the morning after the show (getting advice from a drug addict downtown Vancouver on how to hail a cab was pretty scary), catch the early morning ferry back to Victoria...and then go write my exam. All in all: 160 for the ticket, 50 for the busses/ferry, 20 for the cab, 20 for food, 5 tip for the drug addict (I felt bad). And you know what? I would have payed any amount!

AEROSMITH RULES!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Testament-Sydney 2007.........they ripped me another bum hole that concert...they were brillant.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:49 pm

It got to be STRYPER ON BB KING BLUES AND GRILL 2005 with my sister. It was very special because I folowed the re-union and I never expected to see the band live.

Others that are on my top list where TED NUGENT, SCORPIONS, Grave Digger, Belladona, and TESTAMENT
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Slayer, Megadeth, & Testament in 1991

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 3:49 am

Savatage/Trouble, Brooklyn, NY, Sept. 1990

Savatage were at their peak (on the GUTTER BALLET tour) and Trouble were pushing their major label S/T debut on Def American... simply awesome.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 4:04 am

Guns n Roses - 1992 (Use your Illusions World Tour) - Gateshead
Exodus - 2006 (Shovel Headed Kill Machine Tour) - Newcastle
Down - 2008 (Over the Under Tour) - Manchester
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 4:39 am

King's X/Galactic Cowboys - Raleigh, NC 1996

Night Ranger (as part of Rock Never Stops) - Charlotte, NC 1999

Journey - Greensboro, NC 1998

Black Sabbath (as part of Ozzfest) - Charlotte, NC 1999 (was just cool to see the 4 founding fathers of Metal together)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Savatage were at their peak (on the GUTTER BALLET tour) and Trouble were pushing their major label S/T debut on Def American... simply awesome.

I never saw them live.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:06 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I never saw them live.

Really? Wow, I find that surprising since you seem to be the most major Sava-head around these parts. Sorry to hear that bro!!

I also saw'em again in 96 with Zak on vox, also an excellent show, but nowhere near as killing as that GUTTER BALLET gig. To this day, my friend who saw that GUTTER tour with me and I still speak of it in tones of awe. (i.e. "Dude... Savatage? Brooklyn? Duuuuuude."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:12 am

Quote :
Really? Wow, I find that surprising since you seem to be the most major Sava-head around these parts. Sorry to hear that bro!!

I only became a big fan after Edge Of Thorns came out. Me and my buudy listened to it the whole way to New Orleans and back to roadie for Pink Floyd. After that, I fell in love with all the stuff prior to that. You know what happened soon after.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 9:28 am

Obituary & Napalm Death, Frozen In Time tour Spiringfield VA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:00 am

Haven't been to many concerts so I will just name them all:

Fear Factory and Iron Maiden-'96 (first concert ever I will never forget it)
Dirty Deeds, Dio, and Iron Maiden-'98 (least favorite because I was a tad too far from the stage plus I don't remember it that well)
The first Gigantour-'05 (finally got to see Dream Theater but because my best friend got sick from their light show I wasn't able to catch Megadeth)
Leaves' Eyes and Kamelot-'07 (first time I ever got to meet with a band I like [Leaves' Eyes] and a favorite vocalist [Liv Kristine] also the first concert where I had a good time discussing metal with other metal heads [first time in over 10 years])
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17153

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:04 am

This was a killer show! I'm glad i went.

Somthing to think about Tottposterborderjb
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:10 am

Iron Maiden in 2005
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:18 am

Iron Maiden in 1999. It was the European Edhunter tour, a brief tour to break both Bruce and Adrian back into the band just after the reunion was announced. Their was no UK dates so me and a mate went to Paris to watch them. The concert was amazing as the band had only just announced the reunion with Bruce and Adrian so had no album to plug. The Edhunter compuer game and greatest hits package had just been released so the tour was dubbed the Edhunter and the set was a fabulous 2 hour greatest hits set, ironic as the current tour is a greatest hits tour.

Also Megadeth were supporting and, although they were plugging Risk hey still had enough classic in their set to really get the crowd warmed up. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:32 am

1986. Bon Jovi, Cinderella opened. I was 12. It was phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 11:04 am

INVADERS wrote:
Down - 2008 (Over the Under Tour) - Manchester

Wow, I was there dude! It was an excellent show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Somthing to think about   Somthing to think about Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somthing to think about
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: