Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mowing The Lawn

Go down 
+16
DeathCult
Hamer12
kmorg
Olafsto
MetalGuy71
jstate
Rex
mc666
Thrasher73
exact33
scottmitchell74
Stender
tohostudios
Shiney
the sentinel
DallasBlack
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Olafsto wrote:
I love moving the lawn, and other garden work (not weeding)
There are not that much bugs around here and i have no allergies.. AND I have a portable CD player and headphones. Mowing + Metal = Very Happy

Do you mean there's a time in Norway when it isn't snowing? Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:28 pm

mc666 wrote:
taking care of our lawn is something we both enjoy. her with her flower beds, me with everything else. we take pride in our property.

I have no idea why, but this struck me as being a post of another kind of lawn mowing......

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
There are not that much bugs around here and i have no allergies.. AND I have a portable CD player and headphones. Mowing + Metal = Very Happy

No, but we can still mowe the grass AND the snow

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:37 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

lol!
Global warming you know. The ice here on the North Pole is melting...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:38 pm

kmorg wrote:

I have no idea why, but this struck me as being a post of another kind of lawn mowing......

Good point.

Have I mentioned yet that I enjoy a neatly trimmed yard? Or no grass at all. Just thought I'd share.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:23 pm

My yard is 4 acres, 80% st Augustine grass, 20% trees & weeds, It takes 2 & a half hours with a Husky 56 inch tractor, & another 2 hrs to weed eat it, & another hour or so for clean up & Ive already had to do it twice this year but I would'nt trade it for the world. My bro-in-law who lives in Rockwall has a yard he can mow in 20 minutes with a push mower thinks I'm crazy.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 pm

I have been trying to convince my wife to let me buy a whole lot of NextTurf so the grass will always been green, look like real grass and never need mowing Smile

Alex

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Quote :
Or no grass at all. Just thought I'd share.

That's the ticket! My wife loves me too!

On a side note, that new edger is in the garage!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:35 pm

That will be my job this summer... Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 5:34 pm

Just mow it wuss. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:07 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
My bro-in-law who lives in Rockwall has a yard he can mow in 20 minutes with a push mower thinks I'm crazy.

I used to do the start, run and mow method too until I realized the lawn looked worse when i was finished than when i started...

Alex

White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:07 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Pay a neighborhood kid $20 and shaddup!
I don't even think those kind of kids exist anymore do they? If they do they don't live around here.
Maybe not. Bet they'll do it for weed, though.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 1:33 pm

I won't have to cut the lawn anymore when my son's old enough!!!!!

I don't mind, I don't have a huge yard. As far as the allergies (which I do have), a Zyrtec D before I start to cut does the trick!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:22 pm

At times like this, don't you wish you had an AstroTurf lawn?

I'm still on the raking portion of post-winter lawn rehab. Once that gets done, it's mowing time. Other than the irritation when I have to push the mower up a small incline, it's not terrible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:13 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Pay a neighborhood kid $20 and shaddup!
I don't even think those kind of kids exist anymore do they? If they do they don't live around here.
Maybe not. Bet they'll do it for weed, though.

Laughing very hard

I don't do it for weed...I really need cash...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 7:31 pm

I spent 3+ hours in the yard today. Weeding, seeding, cutting back the ornamental grass...

It was such a joy when my lawn service showed up to cut and edge my lawn. If I'd had to do that myself, I'd have been out there all freakin' day.

As it is, instead I got to wash my car and vaccuum the house.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:08 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

DING!!! Having kids pays off!! My son is 7 months old and I am getting the mower ready for him already Smile

Alex

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:23 am

exact33 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

DING!!! Having kids pays off!! My son is 7 months old and I am getting the mower ready for him already Smile

Alex

When I became old enough my dad stuck me with it (I of course got a little extra in my allowance). He always told me (as a joke of course), "That's the reason we had you son, so you could mow our lawn."
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:17 am

I enjoy mowing and keeping up my lawn. It is nice sometimes to get away from everyday life and do something mindless.

I installed a automatic sprinkler system in my yard just before fall started. I am looking forward to firing it up! The weather is finally starting to get better in Minnesota.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:43 am

It's sort of a breeze after I got my mp3-player. Now my problem is not having the mower make more noise than the mp3-player!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 5:28 pm

My exact problem!! I don't like doing it, but getting an MP3 player sure helps! However, the mower's so loud I have to really play the headphones loud.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
When she first did it I joked that it would bring the property value of everyone else down in comparison.

Did she reply "Get the hell out of my yard."? Smile

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 7:29 pm

Stender wrote:
I live on the Oregon coast where grass refuses to grow so most folks just spread bark mulch in there yard for ground cover which takes zero maintenance, you should consider doing that maybe.

I thought everything was green on the coast from the ocean mist? Ever been to Monterey, Ca? It's like the forest meets the beach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mowing The Lawn   Mowing The Lawn - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mowing The Lawn
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2