Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flesh For Lulu

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:56 pm

I'm trying to score this band's third album off Ebay. I have it on vinyl and have had a hard time finding it on CD. I love the mix of pop/hard rock/goth this mid to late 80s band produced. Anybody else ever heard this band?

The closest they came to a radio hit was "Postcards From Paradise" I think.

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 pm

I love Flesh for Lulu!

Wasn't "I Go Crazy" a minor college radio hit too?

I know it was on the soundtrack to "Some Kind of Wonderful."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Yeah, I Go Crazy is the first track on the album I'm bidding on. Postcards was the second track.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:59 am

Plastic Fantastic is a top 21 disc of mine, i repeat its one of my favourite albums ever.

Love the cool new wavey pop, sunny melodies and occasional slashing sleazy guitars.

Most people prefer the earlier stuff but it's their last album that does it for me.

Time And Space promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsHGNyMuBmw
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:53 am

I won the auction. We'll see if I get it or not as I only paid .99 for it (plus 3.99 S/H). The last auction I lost for this disc closed at $20.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Love this band...

I love that late 80's gothy hard rock shtuff as well....

SAXON sent me a cd last year I never heard by a band called THE SLAVES, it's self titled....and it is awesome....a little like SISTERS OF MERCY/FLESH FOR LULU as filtered through THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS into a bowl that has a little NICK CAVE in it....

Why do the same 4 of us always meet up in these threads? Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Shiney wrote:

Because were the only pale faced black fingernail abusers around this joint. Laughing

But seriously the Slaves sound awesome, are they current or a forgotten time piece from the 80's?

Heres a great goth/glam/hard rock band that never released an album as such but had a bit of material floating around. English band that used to kick around with the likes of GUNFIRE DANCE and THEE HYPNOTICS.

Dawn After Dark
http://www.myspace.com/dawnafterdark
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:52 pm

THE SLAVES s/t cd was released in 1990....

heres an amazon link where one can nab it for $3....

http://www.amazon.com/Slaves/dp/B00000DQKB/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1208386279&sr=1-1

Off to check out your link now....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:01 pm

Cool.

Tell me what you think?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Loved them, RP...Sadly...it's yet another thing that is not availible on cd...argh!!!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Shiney wrote:
Love this band...

I love that late 80's gothy hard rock shtuff as well....

SAXON sent me a cd last year I never heard by a band called THE SLAVES, it's self titled....and it is awesome....a little like SISTERS OF MERCY/FLESH FOR LULU as filtered through THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS into a bowl that has a little NICK CAVE in it....

Because we are the only people here who break out of the "metalhead" mode and listen to something different.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 pm

And actually, I'm proud of that fact!

We are what you call "eclectic".

The fact that the same people post in these types of threads allows me to lend more credence to things these same people post in other threads about bands I'm considering.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:24 am

tohostudios wrote:
And actually, I'm proud of that fact!

We are what you call "eclectic".

The fact that the same people post in these types of threads allows me to lend more credence to things these same people post in other threads about bands I'm considering.

Let's face it we are thee "Tragically Hip".

Too cool for school. Cool
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:27 am

Shiney wrote:
Loved them, RP...Sadly...it's yet another thing that is not availible on cd...argh!!!!!

Yeah bad i know.

Hopefully someone pulls a "GUNFIRE DANCE" on Dawn After Dark and release their singles/EP's/demos into a nice little package.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 6:40 pm

That would be grand.....

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Dawn After Dark?

Which came first, Dawn After Dark or Dark At Dawn?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:14 pm

*clicks into thread*

*looks around*

*clicks back out*
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:17 pm

Yeah TT, this thread is about bands "metalheads" have never heard of because these bands actually vary from the castrated vocals and guitar wankery that permeates most of heavy metal.

You and the squirrel can move along...

just kidding

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:19 pm

The squirrel thanks you for your support.....

and for buying the next round..... lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:27 pm

If I'm buying the next round, that squirrel gets Budweiser...because AB products suck!

Give the squirrel some crappy AB beer!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:56 pm

The squirrel drink all, as long as you're buying....
Back to top Go down

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:05 am

I have "Long Live the New Flesh" - rare original 1987 Beggars Banquet press on my tradelist, if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 10:32 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I have "Long Live the New Flesh" - rare original 1987 Beggars Banquet press on my tradelist, if anyone is interested.

Now you tell me! That's the one I won off Ebay. I haven't heard anything since the auction closed though so I'll keep this in mind as a backup plan.

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:54 pm

Sorry man.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 2:41 pm

I got an email today from the seller saying it shipped yesterday. What a steal. $4.49 incl shipping.

Flesh For Lulu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flesh For Lulu   Flesh For Lulu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flesh For Lulu
Page 1 of 1