Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Movie Soundtracks

Go down 
+14
UltraMagnus007
Chairman_Smith
the sentinel
martinsane
EvyMetal
exact33
Fat Freddy
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
DeathCult
tohostudios
MetalRob331
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:53 am

What is everyone's favorite movie soundtrack?
Back to top Go down

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:23 am

The Last Action Hero soundtrack had some great stuff. Megadeth, Anthrax, Queensryche... headbanger Good film too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:04 am

Heavy Metal, Billl & Ted's Excellent Adventure and The Mission

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:49 am

Heavy Metal, Texas Chainsaw 3, Shocker, Last Action Hero, Nightmare On Elm Street 4 (but man its a smurfette trying to replace my CD of it)
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:13 am

The Last Unicorn (some great songs by America)
Over The Hedge (I like what I hear from Ben Folds)
Willow (one of my favorite movies and Elora Danan is a majestic piece)
Star Wars (The best trilogy of all time tied with...)
Lord Of The Rings (...this one)
Secret Of NIMH (one of my favortie cartoon movies of all time-love the music infinitly more than the movie)
Neverending Story
Braveheart (gut wrenching movie with music that kicks ass)
Gladiator (ditto)
Dune (Toto show that they really know how to write great music-probably my favorite soundtrack of all time-the movie is a favortie of mine too)
Rover Dangerfield (would probably be impossible to find but I said that about The Last Unicorn, Dune, Willow, and Secret Of NIMH and I found those-a little unknown cartoon movie but one that I absolutly love)
Hoodwinked (Funny and entertaining songs from a funny and entertaining CGI cartoon movie)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:16 am

One of my favorites is the soundtrack to Less than Zero. Aerosmith, Joan Jett, Slayer, Danzig, Roy Orbison, & Poison. I even dig LL Cool J's "Going Back to Cali".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:50 am

Oh, I forgot these:

Blade (I admit I like some of those techno numbers and SOME rap-i.e Wolfpack-Bounce [best song on that soundtrack])
Mortal Combat (again with those techno numbers-great for fighting scenes)
Judgement Night (favorite soundtrack of multiple artists-rap and metal unite)

As you can see when it comes to soundtracks I'm not big on metal/hard rock ones (mainly because I prefer to get the albums most of those songs are found on).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:18 pm

Highlander
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Back To The Future (I, II, III) - The first one had Huey Lewis and the News, Eric Clapton and Lindsey Buckingham but also featured music conducted by Alan Silvestri.

and I love the music from the Rocky films.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 1:23 pm

Shocker: No More Mr. Nice Guy

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I think those are the only two soundtrack albums I own.

Unless you count two CDs of music from "The Simpsons"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Some of my favs are

Halloween
Little Shop of Horrors
Scorpion King ( just for the Creed song For Whom it may Concern)
Top Gun
Road House
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:45 pm

I love that Shocker soundtrack as well. My favs are:

Lord the Rings (all 3)
Indiana Jones (all 3)
Star Wars (Ep 4,5,6)

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:50 pm

As shitty as the actual film was, the soundtrack for Godzilla was really good.
Back to top Go down

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Harley Davidson & the Marlboro Man
Bordello of Blood (Tales from the Crypt)
Blaze of Glory (Young Guns II)
Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre III)
The Wraith
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 pm

I'll just list the ones I own:
This Is Spinal Tap, Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Incredibles, Star Wars Trilogy, Phantom Of The Opera
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:56 pm

Trigger wrote:
As shitty as the actual film was, the soundtrack for Godzilla was really good.

its amazing how many lousy films have good soundtracks...

Alex

martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 5:27 am

DallasBlack wrote:
The Last Unicorn (some great songs by America)
Over The Hedge (I like what I hear from Ben Folds)
Willow (one of my favorite movies and Elora Danan is a majestic piece)
Star Wars (The best trilogy of all time tied with...)
Lord Of The Rings (...this one)
Secret Of NIMH (one of my favortie cartoon movies of all time-love the music infinitly more than the movie)
Neverending Story
Braveheart (gut wrenching movie with music that kicks ass)
Gladiator (ditto)
Dune (Toto show that they really know how to write great music-probably my favorite soundtrack of all time-the movie is a favortie of mine too)
Rover Dangerfield (would probably be impossible to find but I said that about The Last Unicorn, Dune, Willow, and Secret Of NIMH and I found those-a little unknown cartoon movie but one that I absolutly love)
Hoodwinked (Funny and entertaining songs from a funny and entertaining CGI cartoon movie)

That Rover Dangerfield Score is great!!! It sits proudly in my score collection. David Newman is one of my favorite composers. Rates up there with Elfman, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Williams, Doyle, Debney...

All time favorite soundtrack Jerry Goldsmith's The Burbs.

Collecting soundtracks scores is a real passion of mine. Almost equal to collecting rock n roll.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:56 am

EvyMetal wrote:
This Is Spinal Tap

Whoops - how could I have forgotten this one??

Maybe cuz for some odd reason I never think of it as a movie soundtrack, I simply consider it a Spinal Tap album. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Teen Wolf Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
This Is Spinal Tap

Maybe cuz for some odd reason I never think of it as a movie soundtrack, I simply consider it a Spinal Tap album. Laughing

I know what you mean. I don't know where to look for it at the cd store. Under Spinal Tap in used rock? or in the sountracks?
Back to top Go down

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 4:08 pm

martinsane wrote:
That Rover Dangerfield Score is great!!! It sits proudly in my score collection. David Newman is one of my favorite composers. Rates up there with Elfman, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Williams, Doyle, Debney....

is it that Good ? it's in my local store for 2.99 at the moment.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 3:47 am

Locky wrote:
martinsane wrote:
That Rover Dangerfield Score is great!!! It sits proudly in my score collection. David Newman is one of my favorite composers. Rates up there with Elfman, Goldsmith, Bernstein, Williams, Doyle, Debney....

is it that Good ? it's in my local store for 2.99 at the moment.

Yes it is, if your into that sort of thing. Not everyone is into movie scores, but as I said Newman is a favorite of mine.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:11 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
This Is Spinal Tap

I know what you mean. I don't know where to look for it at the cd store. Under Spinal Tap in used rock? or in the sountracks?

I guess it depends on the store. I've seen it filed in both places.

Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Trigger wrote:
The Last Action Hero soundtrack had some great stuff. Megadeth, Anthrax, Queensryche... headbanger Good film too.

About to post that. Besides the Cypress Hill and Fishbone tracks, I love the whole thing.

The Detriot Rock City one is a big one for me too. I have to skip the Marylin Manson track tho sick
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:04 pm

Transformers: The Movie (1986 animated version)
Rocky 4
Scarface
Ghostbusters

Some of my favourite soundtracks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie Soundtracks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie Soundtracks   Movie Soundtracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie Soundtracks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next