Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

USA Rebate

Go down 
+12
thejokeriv
Chairman_Smith
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DallasBlack
HarmonicSqueal
mc666
Tall Tyrion
exact33
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

USA Rebate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:53 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Going to Lamblow field in Green Bay with my best buddy Packer Dave for the Monday night Vike Packers game opening week.

That's the best thing I have heard yet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:01 am

A good hunk of it will probably go towards paying our property taxes. So the gov't will get it right back!! Dammit!!

angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:09 am

the sentinel wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Going to Lamblow field in Green Bay with my best buddy Packer Dave for the Monday night Vike Packers game opening week.

That's the best thing I have heard yet. Very Happy

Oh yeah, this will be epic.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:16 am

emptytomb1 wrote:
This is not free. It will come out of next years refund and you will have to claim it as income.

That is incorrect. The IRS debunked that on their website.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:39 am

So they're just giving away money free gratis? Last time I had to claim it as income against the next years taxes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:20 am

I'll try to finish remodeling a room or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:56 am

No one has mentioned saving up for Metal up 09?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:00 am

Auntie Saxon wrote:

Once I pay my property taxes and take care of some unimportant frills like mortgage and food, there will be none left for Metal Up 09. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:04 am

spectrefate wrote:
I'll be 100 percent honest for a mili-second. I have never cared for living in the USA. If I had my druthers I wouldn't. For what I do, my "freedoms" would not be diminished living in 75% of the other countries in the world. I have no visions of granduer of going somewhere else, but to get away from the mass consumerism and mass media of America would be a God send.

"USA! USA! USA! WHAT ARE YOU SOME KINDA COMMIE? LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT HIPPIE!"

angry

But seriously folks...
Geez, Spec, now I understand why you like Warrior Soul so much.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:10 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:
This is not free. It will come out of next years refund and you will have to claim it as income.

The "free money" really isn't free - someone has to pay for it and we will be paying for it in the future! We probably borrowed the money from China to pay for it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:20 am

spectrefate wrote:
I'll be 100 percent honest for a mili-second. I have never cared for living in the USA. If I had my druthers I wouldn't. For what I do, my "freedoms" would not be diminished living in 75% of the other countries in the world. I have no visions of granduer of going somewhere else, but to get away from the mass consumerism and mass media of America would be a God send.

Where's that can of worms pic that ult posted over at the CMR? Smile

I can see your point, dude. Having spent some time in Europe and seeing how other people live, it's easy to have that "grass is always greener" attitude. I'm still convinced that I'm going back to Greece and become a volcano tour guide/tourtured artist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 11:47 am

Except Europe is about to become Islamic.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Quote :

Tax return money and such is "general" household money of which I have no individual rights to under the current way we have our finances set up. SO, unless we agree to split it (or a % of it which we do with regular tax return) none of this will go to Metal Up! 09.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:48 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:

The "free money" really isn't free - someone has to pay for it and we will be paying for it in the future! We probably borrowed the money from China to pay for it.

Hey, I hate to burst anybody's bubble but it aint free money. When you get your paycheck the government takes a large chunk of it in taxes. At the end of the year when you get your refund it is because the government took too much of your money and is giving it back. The rebate is just more of your money back that the government took from you. That is the mistake people make with tax returns, they think they're getting free money but it was their hard earned money to beggin with.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:52 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Where's that can of worms pic that ult posted over at the CMR? Smile

I agree with the part about too much mass consumerism (a device to open devices that come in difficult packaging) and mass media (hundreds of shows on television and 90% are unwatchable). Those are two aspects of America I would like to see changed.

Canada is a better choice than Europe (those toilets over there are tiny and the toilet paper comes in two types, rough and not so rough). It is a good alternative to living here if you don't like it, I heard one comedian call Canada "America-Lite".
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 4:16 pm

OK, my plans for my rebate changed. I'm buying an upright freezer.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:08 pm

Okay, who is gonna be honest?

I'm sure someone is going to blow it on hookers and beer.

Which one of you is gonna be man (or woman) enough to admit it?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/harmonicsqueal
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Whatever is left over after I buy my freezer will go toward CDs and beer. Is that close enough?

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:13 pm

Auntie Saxon wrote:

Some of it, but Ive already got about 200 in its own seperate account specifically for that
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 3:52 pm

the sentinel wrote:
exact33 wrote:
I am going to save mine!!

No! God, no! That's not what it's for. We need to jumpstart the economy. You have to go out and buy Metal!!! Priest, Maiden, Megadeth, Overkill and Anthrax. Krokus, Ozzy, Yngwie, Trouble and Impelliteri. Savatage, Kiss, Rush, Accept and Rainbow. Please, save our economy.

lol!

Well the funny thing is that if you save money then somehow you get more money if you save it in a savings account!! So by saving metal money you have make more metal money!!

Alex

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:08 pm

I work under the table, I don't get any. Sad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:55 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

and I thought working at a cubicle is was bad...
Laughing very hard
Alex

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:44 am

Looks like i'll be blowing it on a car repair...
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:

What about your manboobs?

What, do they tax those over in Canada?

yup we sure do we also tax beer guts and hairy butts lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 3:01 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

And what do you do under this table? just kidding

Sorry, I had to say it before spectre or eyesore did! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USA Rebate   USA Rebate - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

USA Rebate
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum