Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Filthy Fifteen

Go down 
+9
EvyMetal
DeathCult
the sentinel
Shiney
scottmitchell74
Muloc7253
TrogDawn
XYZ
MetalGuy71
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:01 am

This reminds me: did anyone see the VH1 original movie "Warning! Parental Advisory" about the PMRC hysteria and Senate hearings from a few years ago? Dee Snider played himself, Mariel Hemingway played Tipper Gore, and Griffin Dunne portrayed Frank Zappa. Very funny stuff. (Loved the scene where the lyrics to the Mentors' "Golden Showers" was read aloud during the Senate hearings!!) Unfortunately, VH1 hasn't re-run it in a while and it doesn't appear that it's been released on DVD.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0308692/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:19 am

Nice job by everyone that replied. I will now do a happy dance while "Sugar Walls" blares from my stereo.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm gonna make a compilation of these on CDR and listen to it tomorrow as I go about my usual sinful day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 6:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
"Signed my name to the dotted line, the lights went out, and Nikki started to grind!"

My favorite album until I got into metal!

Shout At The Devil's still a metal album to me, dammit! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
Without reading other posts, I can remember

Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Motley Crue - Bastard
Prince - Darling Nikki
Cyndi Lauper - She-Bop
Black Sabbath - Trashed
Venom - Possessed
Mercyful Fate - Into the Coven
Madonna - ???
??? - My House (Madonna?)
Def Leppard - High 'n' Dry
Judas Priest - ???

What do you mean you remember?? we were not even born when this was happening. scratch
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Trigger wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
"Signed my name to the dotted line, the lights went out, and Nikki started to grind!"

My favorite album until I got into metal!

Shout At The Devil's still a metal album to me, dammit! 🤘

That's a Prince song buddy. I move your metal licesense is temporairly suspeneded for that mistake. Not that I dont like Prince, but thats a pretty bad mistake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

Only thing that might sound better is "Animal (F*ck Like a Smurf)" Laughing very hard

I think Smurf (Smurf like a Smurf) would sound cooler. The smurfs only have a couple of words in their vocabulary anyway.

Shiney wrote:

3 Judas- Priest Eat Me Alive

I would be scared if there was a song called "Priest Eat Me Alive"

It's by little Skippy and The Altar Squad
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:38 pm

That's a terrible mistake!!!

He needs to listen to Purple Rain for 17 straight days and get himself an education!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Purple Rain is killer. Right, toho? lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:48 pm

Purple Rain is easily one of the top 10 metal albums of all time Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:24 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's a terrible mistake!!!

He needs to listen to Purple Rain for 17 straight days and get himself an education!!

I can fix this! There is a nice metal version of "Darling Nikki" on Chum's "Dead to the World" album from about 1996.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:31 pm

It's still not Shout At The Devil. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:44 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
I'm gonna make a compilation of these on CDR and listen to it tomorrow as I go about my usual sinful day.

Good for you, man! I'm glad someone gets to do what they want. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:37 pm

fainting

no idea why I started going on about Shout At The Devil. My mistake. angry
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Stender wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

Motley Crue - Bastard
Prince - Darling Nikki
Cyndi Lauper - She-Bop
Black Sabbath - Trashed
Venom - Possessed
Madonna - ???
Judas Priest - ???

What do you mean you remember?? we were not even born when this was happening. scratch

Because I've read up about the PMRC aswell as other accusations against heavy metal and music in general in the past, and was very used to the filthy fifteen.

It would be really cool if there was a cover album made of modern bands and artists covering the filthy fifteen songs. Who do you think would be best suited to each? They'd also have to be a semi-contraversial/censorship-targetted contemporary artist.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:33 pm

Quote :
It would be really cool if there was a cover album made of modern bands and artists covering the filthy fifteen songs

That would be a great idea for a band. Call the album "The Filthy Fifeteen" and then cover all of those songs in the band's own style. Ult, I think we've got an idea for the next Ultimatum album. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:45 pm

I have no idea which ones constitute the filthy 15 but I still have that entire Blackie Lawless PMRC rant from Live in the Raw memorized. I havent listened to that tape in years.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 2:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
It would be really cool if there was a cover album made of modern bands and artists covering the filthy fifteen songs

That would be a great idea for a band. Call the album "The Filthy Fifeteen" and then cover all of those songs in the band's own style. Ult, I think we've got an idea for the next Ultimatum album. Very Happy

Laughing very hard Hearing Scott sing Madonna would be great.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:26 pm

DeathCult wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard Hearing Scott sing Madonna would be great.

Or 'Sugar Walls', which is about the lips of the vagin...I can't say it or I risk having the page blocked on peoples work/college serves.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Quote :
It would be really cool if there was a cover album made of modern bands and artists covering the filthy fifteen songs.

Great idea!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:19 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
Stender wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

Motley Crue - Bastard
Prince - Darling Nikki
Cyndi Lauper - She-Bop
Black Sabbath - Trashed
Venom - Possessed
Madonna - ???
Judas Priest - ???

Because I've read up about the PMRC aswell as other accusations against heavy metal and music in general in the past, and was very used to the filthy fifteen.

It would be really cool if there was a cover album made of modern bands and artists covering the filthy fifteen songs. Who do you think would be best suited to each? They'd also have to be a semi-contraversial/censorship-targetted contemporary artist.

That would be pretty sweet, actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am

Is it just me or does the Filthy Fifteen list seem very random? Of course, all of those songs have questionable content, as they would say it, but there were way more worse songs at the time than the ones on the list.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:38 am

They were going for more popular ones it would seem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Filthy Fifteen   The Filthy Fifteen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Filthy Fifteen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: