Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread   Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:26 am

I've been listening to the first one alot, I like that one alot. I love the 1996 Dep Sessions, and I diden't liked Fused too much because of Glenn's vox on that one, but it grew on me.

Alot of the artists on the first one,I diden't like or know their original bands, but man... anything with Iommi on it has to be good right? That said, I do press the skip button on Skin's track.

I kind of wish he'd worked with alot of the classic singers tho, Halford or Dickinson would of been a nice touch.

Anyone else like these albums?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread   Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:05 am

Fused is the shiznit...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread   Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:15 am

I need to check these out because I really love "Seventh Star".
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread   Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:05 pm

I like them all but in very different ways. DEP (8th Star) is more melodic. Half the time the Iommi s/t almost has a Nu-metal or Grunge feel, since he usesd some younger vocalists on that one, but I like most of the songs. Fused, between Hughes very serious lyrics and Iommi's riffs comes across very heavy to me, emotionally and sonically. But I don't play it much because it bums me out. I read an interview with Hughes where he said he intended to write about the most depressing or intense subjects possible.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread   Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:29 am

I have both of 'em, but I tend to listen to the 1st one more than Fused. I like the different vocalists.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread   Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 pm

I only own "Fused" which is an amazing album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread   Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iommi Solo Album Appreciation Thread
Page 1 of 1