Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 2:42 am

Takes something pretty special to get me excited about stoner these days.

This is it! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm

Mist debut album finally drops on Jun 1
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 1:47 pm

Doom on bitches! headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 3:06 pm

Bitchin'!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 8:43 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Doom on bitches! headbanger

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:54 am

I don't feel like searching thru 24 pages, so I'm gonna mention these guys. Apologies if they've been brought up before.

Duel

2 of the guys used to be in the retro-rock band Scorpion Child. You can still feel a bit of that 70's rock in this new-ish doomier band. I believe Duel has 2 albums out already.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't feel like searching thru 24 pages, so I'm gonna mention these guys. Apologies if they've been brought up before.

Duel

2 of the guys used to be in the retro-rock band Scorpion Child. You can still feel a bit of that 70's rock in this new-ish doomier band. I believe Duel has 2 albums out already.

These dudes have been on my list for a while now, just haven't picked anything up yet. Not quite doom, but there are some elements there. More like early The Sword, which also had some doom mixed in. Good stuff either way!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 11:14 am

New Age of Taurus coming out...this Friday, I think. If not, then next week.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 11:33 am

Cool. I was wondering if these guys were still around.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 10:27 pm

Loving the new Age of Taurus track, about flipping time.

Also new Haunted, love this band!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 11:50 am

Eyesore wrote:
New Age of Taurus coming out...this Friday, I think. If not, then next week.

headbanger

Did these guys get a new vocalist? I'd have to give their debut a fresh spin, but I don't recall the singer sounding like this. Not bad, just different.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 12:59 pm

Weird story. I was gardening in front of my house today and got talking to a local delivery driver, he mentioned that I had bought a Cathedral album from him on eBay, he said that he was just going to bring it round because my house was in his delivery area but he ended up posting it. We got talking and it turned out that we knew a lot of the same people from way back in the 80's and moved in the same scene but didn't know each other.

He also mentioned that he had sung for an American doom band in the 90's but I had to admit that I didn't know them (as I've mentioned on here before I didn't listen to metal in the 90's) So I've just checked them out.

What he didn't tell me was that the band he sang for had evolved out of Pittsburgh doom legends Dream Death!

This is the only album that he sang on before getting booted out of the U.S for 'permit issues' which is a shame because it f*cking slays!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 1:15 pm

Gardening + metal = \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2018 5:55 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Weird story. I was gardening in front of my house today and got talking to a local delivery driver, he mentioned that I had bought a Cathedral album from him on eBay, he said that he was just going to bring it round because my house was in his delivery area but he ended up posting it. We got talking and it turned out that we knew a lot of the same people from way back in the 80's and moved in the same scene but didn't know each other.

He also mentioned that he had sung for an American doom band in the 90's but I had to admit that I didn't know them (as I've mentioned on here before I didn't listen to metal in the 90's) So I've just checked them out.

What he didn't tell me was that the band he sang for had evolved out of Pittsburgh doom legends Dream Death!

This is the only album that he sang on before getting booted out of the U.S for 'permit issues' which is a shame because it f*cking slays!! headbanger

Cool story! I love that Penance album!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 5:00 pm

New Vodun! Not really doom but you try finding a category for these guys surprised

Either way it's great and I've pre ordered the new album headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 3:30 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

New Vodun! Not really doom but you try finding a category for these guys surprised

Either way it's great and I've pre ordered the new album headbanger

Yeah, not doom at all, or even close really, but they do kick ass! New album is excellent!

And...those titties! greedy
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 3:49 pm

The new album from The Eternal is out and it kicks ass!

Their first two albums are very much gothic doom metal, similar to Paradise Lost's mid-period albums (Once Second, et al), but on their third album, Kartika, they kind of followed a similar path to the one The Gathering took with How to Measure a Planet? The follow-up, Under a New Sun, stepped even farther away from doom metal, with some songs toeing the alternative line. A good album, still with some gothic/doom elements, but...weird.

Anyway, their previous album, When the Circle of Light Begins to Fade, swung back toward the doom stuff, and now this new one is pretty much full-on gothic doom. Well worth checking out, as I'm sure most of you have never heard of this band.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2019 8:25 am

New Ice Dragon. First new track in nearly two years.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 4:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Duel

These guys have a new one coming out May 17th. Valley of Shadows

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Valley_of_shadows_no_bleed-3_6a546578-ec01-4eac-9d10-eef63e7f8741_360x

No sound samples yet, but I can't imagine they'll stray too far from the retro-stoner vibe of their first 2 albums.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 6:28 am

Robert Lowe is back with a new band!

I've had this for about a week now, and it's pretty kick-ass! Definitely worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm

Damn, this is goooooooood!

Black metal and doom! headbanger

https://yothiria.bandcamp.com/releases
http://www.repulsiveecho.com/yothiria
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2020 6:44 am

I love Doom Metal too . Would recommend everyone to check Solstice (UK) , Memento Mori and Count Raven ...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2020 9:23 am

For those of you who hoping that Celestial Season would one day return to the doom/death sound on Forever Scarlet Passion and Solar Lovers, they just released a new album, their first in 20 years, and it's all doom/death like those early albums. Killer stuff!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 5:20 pm

New discovery by way of a Facebook ad, surprisingly.

Pretty kick-ass stuff! Sadly, only a digital release. =(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next