Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:09 am

Wurthless wrote:
More in the stoner rock vein i guess, but does anyone here like Om? I knew about them for a long time and just never got around to them until the other day and I really regret not listening to them sooner. They're led by the bassist from Sleep, Al Cisneros, and they're well worth checking out if you like Sleep, Black Sabbath, and psychedelic/prog rock.

I heard one of Om's songs on a stoner/doom compilation and I didn't care much for it. It was a little too slow and really droned on. It made me sleepy. That song you posted sounded better though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
More in the stoner rock vein i guess, but does anyone here like Om? I knew about them for a long time and just never got around to them until the other day and I really regret not listening to them sooner. They're led by the bassist from Sleep, Al Cisneros, and they're well worth checking out if you like Sleep, Black Sabbath, and psychedelic/prog rock.

I heard one of Om's songs on a stoner/doom compilation and I didn't care much for it. It was a little too slow and really droned on. It made me sleepy. That song you posted sounded better though.

The drone stuff is something you really have to be in the mood for or fighting a bout of insomnia.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 12:54 pm

nevermore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

The drone stuff is something you really have to be in the mood for or fighting a bout of insomnia.

Yea, I like slow doom just fine, but the ambient, drone stuff doesn't do it for me. A song or 2 maybe, but not a whole album.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:54 pm

Wurthless wrote:

I totally forgot about Om....they're like a doomy Pink Floyd.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 3:11 am

i dig that description, shawn. i like Om for either just sitting and getting lost in the grooves or for killer background noise, like when studying or going to sleep.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Wurthless wrote:

I found these guys through YouTube, and I figured a few people here would like them.

Got around to checking out these guys. I think they're pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 11:15 am

https://bathshebakills.bandcamp.com/

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 A3022316241_16

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Been a fan since the EP and that's a great record! headbanger
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 1:32 pm

Streaming Beastmaker's new album "Inside the Skull". Realling digging the sound on this one. Much better than the last album, which I liked.
http://loudwire.com/beastmaker-inside-the-skull-exclusive-album-stream-interview/
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 5:03 pm

Ex members of The Devild Blood & Gold, I like Dool a lot despite the stupid name
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 11:52 am

nevermore wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

I found these guys through YouTube, and I figured a few people here would like them.

Got around to checking out these guys. I think they're pretty good.

Funny. I just discovered this band a few weesk ago, then the other day while checking the On This Day section of Facebook, I see that a year ago Shiney shared on my page a video from their first album. Doh! Really cool band, though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 11:55 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

This is very nice! That chick sound a lot like Dawn Robinson, who had an amazing voice.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

This is very nice! That chick sound a lot like Dawn Robinson, who had an amazing voice.

It's the singer from Death Penalty & Serpentcult Michelle Nocon. She rocks!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 10:36 pm

Recently picked this one up...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 12:15 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It's the singer from Death Penalty & Serpentcult  Michelle Nocon. She rocks!

I'll have to take a listen. I like both Death Penalty and Serpentcult.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 2:42 pm

candlemass wrote:

Nice find!! If you can find it pick up their Condemned cd if you don't have it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 1:24 am

Random discovery on YouTube tonight. Pretty kick-ass stuff!

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 1:47 am

Someone be smart and grab this album.

http://www.swapacd.com/Living-Fields-Running-Out-Daylight/cd/13335646

Killer band and album!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 4:22 am

I have been on a candlemass mode lately. Picked up three of their albums on amazon.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 2:32 am

candlemass wrote:

Heavy!! I like this a lot. At times I hear layne staley type vocals. That is a good thing! I need to check these guys out.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 2:30 am

Terrible name, great band!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Why is that Living Fields album still available? No one on the HOM Facebook page grabbed it, either. What's wrong with you people? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 10:44 am

How about Bell from Sweden. The debut album Tidecaller was just released on CD yesterday:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 2:58 am

Witchfinder wrote:
How about Bell from Sweden.  The debut album Tidecaller was just released on CD yesterday:

Dude! Just ordered the album. Thanks for sharing! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 3:02 am

Elliott's Keep's fourth album is out. These guys are brilliant. If epic doom is your thing, check them out!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 24 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next