Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1

Go down 
+3
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Empty
PostSubject: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:52 am

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1583633&vid=217092
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:35 pm

This was one of the better performances from the Station Benefit show that VH1 aired. (The other, believe it or not, was Gretchen Wilson nailin' an old Heart song -- that gal can SING!)

Michael is going to be touring with Boston this year. I thought that sounded like an odd combo when I first heard about it, but after seeing this clip, I'd say he can definitely handle the gig.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 12:42 pm

Not bad 't all
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:25 pm

I saw it when it aired - not bad at all. I wish they would have shown a Stryper song too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:27 am

Wow. I didn't know it would be that good. Sweet is gonna do just fine with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:27 am

thejokeriv wrote:
I wish they would have shown a Stryper song too

I know. That would have rocked!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:42 am

Quote :

Stryper only did 2 songs. This one and Reach Out.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:46 am

I watched this special and this was definitely the best performance. Knocked it outta the park.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:48 am

VH1 Classic re-aired the special last night. This was the second time I've watched it and I still cannot get over how godawful Tesla sounded!! I hope for their sake that Jeff Keith was just having a bad night, because if that's the way he ALWAYS sounds nowadays, then his voice is completely shot. He sounded like Donald Duck!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 11:16 am

I didn't think he'd hit that last note!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:50 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :

Stryper only did 2 songs. This one and Reach Out.

Any clips of the anywhere?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:32 pm

Wow - that was very cool! Michael still has awesome pipes and Robert is still one of the most fun drummers out there to watch play! I really dug that!

This might be a stupid question, but did Great White contribute in any way to this benefit? I know they have done a magnificent job in trying to do as much as they can since the tragedy. I guess it would be too weird for them to be invited to participate in this particular situation though.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 9:55 pm

Awesome! I wasn't expecting that to be so good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:30 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

This might be a stupid question, but did Great White contribute in any way to this benefit? I know they have done a magnificent job in trying to do as much as they can since the tragedy. I guess it would be too weird for them to be invited to participate in this particular situation though.

Great White weren't present at this particular benefit. I get the feeling that they may not have been entirely welcome.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 pm

Yep, I know they've tried to raise money the past few years, but I hear Rhode Island doens't wantthem around.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:34 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
VH1 Classic re-aired the special last night. This was the second time I've watched it and I still cannot get over how godawful Tesla sounded!! I hope for their sake that Jeff Keith was just having a bad night, because if that's the way he ALWAYS sounds nowadays, then his voice is completely shot. He sounded like Donald Duck!!

Yeah, at the start of their set, Jeff mentioned he wasn't feeling well and said something along the lines of hoping the crowd would help him out. I'm surprised they aired their songs, because he did sound awful.

I cannot believe he sounds anything close to resembling that live. His voice was great on Into the Now and Reel to Reel. Granted, a lot of magic can happen in the studio, but not THAT much magic.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I have this saved on my Tivo, but haven't watched it yet. I caught a little bit of the end when Dee Snider had a bunch of people (survivors I guess?) on stage singing along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:26 am

Dee Snider is a personal icon of mine. But I really wish he would stop playing We're Not Gonna Take It like he did that night. angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:32 am

TS licensed We're not gonna take it for some "Female Problems" info-mercial. Every time it comes on the tv, I get pissed. So many things wrong with that!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:32 am

I've seen Tesla twice in the past, and Jeff was great both times.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:45 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
I've seen Tesla twice in the past, and Jeff was great both times.

Yea, I'll second that one. Ive seen Tesla live twice as well and he sounded great. I'm hoping his performance at the Station Benefit was just an off night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:46 am

I saw them open for Motley in 1990 and Vince was the one who blew, imo.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:48 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Wow - that was very cool! Michael still has awesome pipes and Robert is still one of the most fun drummers out there to watch play! I really dug that!

I agree with ya Unc.I've always loved watching Robert play.He's always into it even on slow songs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1   Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper with Tom Scholz and Gary Phil of Boston on VH1
Page 1 of 1