Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boston regroups for a new tour.

Go down 
+8
EvyMetal
the sentinel
spiritoradio
HellRaiser
Thrasher73
DeathCult
tohostudios
Chairman_Smith
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Boston regroups for a new tour. Empty
PostSubject: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:26 am

check out their homepage for details:http://www.bandboston.com/

michael sweet from stryper will be singing and playing guitar with boston
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:54 am

Some bands should just pack it in.

Boston shot their creative load on the S/T IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:55 am

tohostudios wrote:

Boston shot their creative load on the S/T IMO.

I don't know, I think they had a couple more squirts on Don't Look Back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:07 am

'Boston' is a perfect Rock album from beginning to end.

The other albums all have some good songs on them (even 'Corporate America'), but as albums do not stand up to the debut.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 10:08 am

I saw them, and they were great, I really dont think they should regroup again though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:03 am

I wish Michael Sweet would leave his focus on Stryper
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah, there's been radio ads for the concert here in Thunder Bay for the past couple of weeks. I'll probably go and check it out (Kim Mitchell is playing as well).

Didn't know Michael Sweet was in the band though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:20 pm

This smacks of cashing in on tragedy.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
'Boston' is a perfect Rock album from beginning to end.

Absolutely! Don't Look Back is pretty solid also. I love Boston, but after Brad died they should be called Tom Scholz's Boston, or something like that, because it is just not the same. Michael Sweet has a good voice, but Brad Delp had a great voice. I read that Sweet is recording with Scholz right now, so in about four years we might hear something from them. Scholz must be producing Chinese Democracy Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:05 pm

[quote="Shawn Of Fire"]'Boston' is a perfect Rock album from beginning to end.

🤘
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:07 pm

This may be a really stupid Q; but the newest track they have out: "Rockin' Away" is it a new collaboration or something from years ago that was dusted off and sent out now? I like the tune a lot btwPeace.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 am

I saw Boston in 7th grade, first concert ever. It was pretty good. I think they should stick a fork in it, and be done.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 am

Y'know, it's odd that I never made this connection back in the day but since Michael Sweet has been hanging around the Boston camp of late it made me realize, when listening to the old Stryper stuff, that Boston must have been a pretty big influence on Stryper's sound.

Am I the only one who's noticed?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Y'know, it's odd that I never made this connection back in the day but since Michael Sweet has been hanging around the Boston camp of late it made me realize, when listening to the old Stryper stuff, that Boston must have been a pretty big influence on Stryper's sound.

Am I the only one who's noticed?

That sounds pretty accurate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:42 am

New BOSTON group photo:

Boston regroups for a new tour. File
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:04 am

So who is actually left from the original band?

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
So who is actually left from the original band?

Tom Scholz only.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 am

hahaha
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 10:38 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I wish Michael Sweet would leave his focus on Stryper

I don't blame him for doing the tour - he's gotta a wife (fighting cancer) and kids to take care of - he'll probably clear a lot more cash on this tour than the next Stryper tour (like most bands these days, will probably lose $$ on the new album). It's not like Stryper is making the big bucks these days
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 7:45 am

Yeah, just Tom Scholz is original...but Gary Phil (far right) has been a BOSTON mainstay since the Third Stage tour in 1987...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boston regroups for a new tour.   Boston regroups for a new tour. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boston regroups for a new tour.
Page 1 of 1