Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The band that touches you right in the

Go down 
+23
TheGooch
stormspell
Troublezone
DeathCult
the sentinel
EvyMetal
ThrashedOutCobra33
Thrasher73
XYZ
White_Mage
Chairman_Smith
TrogDawn
krokus
Stender
Mglaffas81
Shiney
kmorg
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
mc666
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The band that touches you right in the Empty
PostSubject: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:51 am

SOUL!

We all got one. The band/artist that makes you feel.

King's X for me. Not one note, not one concert moment, not one ounce of energy - wasted. I can have their volume on 1 or 11, and that vibe takes me over. The concerts are spiritual - the fanbase, extended family. Kind of a Grateful Dead for MY sect of peoples. I know Pelata knows exactly what I am talking about.

Who touches you that deeply? (no "Uncle" jokes please. ha)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:54 am

Fear Of God. Dawns lyrics & vocals grab me in a way that no other does. even the Toxic Voodoo album, which doesn't get the credit it deserves.

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 am

Of the top of my head........Y&T. Dave's guitar oozes soul.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:58 am

Stevie Ray Vaughn's playing give me chills everytime I play one of his cd's. I don't think he's ever hit a bad note.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Savatage and TSO. They have so many songs that just wrench at my heart strings (i.e. All That I Bleed, Exit Music, Miles Away, Gutter Ballet, Who Is This Child, I'll Keep Your Secrets, After The Fall, Believe, Alone I Breathe, If I Go Away, Not What You See, This Isn't What We Meant, The Hourglass, etc.) Iron Maiden is my favorite band because they pump me full of energy but Savatage is the band that feels me up with emotion making it a very close second.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:02 pm

You are obviously not alone, DB. That band has a fanatical fanbase! I met people from all over the world when they placed St Paul a bunch of years ago!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:21 pm

Savatage would be at the top of my list as well, along with Rush, Barnabas and Rez. I love thought provoking lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:22 pm

Warrior Soul, Savatage, and the Ramones, each for different reasons.

The Ramones make me wanna party.

Latter-era Savatage makes me wanna cry (I mean that in a good way).

Warrior Soul makes me wanna punch somebody, set fire to a government building, or perform some similar feat of civil disobedience.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:27 pm

The Doors! These guys were ages ahead of their time. No lyricist has ever written songs more intellectually stimulating than Jim Morrison. Combine some beautiful poetry with very interesting music, and you've got a recipe for transcendent ambiance. They were most powerful when they were silent. Listen to a live recording of "When The Music's Over" and pay close attention to the moody bass interlude where Morrison usually rants to the crowd. "I ain't talkin' 'bout no revolution. I'm talkin' 'bout lovin' your partner!" With the Doors you can listen to anything from acid-rock to pop to blues to swing to jazz. Yet, they all share a common sense of intensity.

It kills me that I wasn't born 30 years earlier.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:28 pm

The ones that comes to mind right away is Black Sabbath, Grim Reaper, and Judas Priest!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Savatage for me too!!!!!

But I've had similar experiences with Metallica, Deliverance, Vengeance Rising and Stryper too. Even Bruce Springsteen. But Savatage is the most consistent when it comes to being my band.

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:26 pm

I'm another Savatage fanboy and find myself connecting with their music.

When i'm feeling melancholic, Pink Floyd's, Delicate Sound of Thunder, really hits me.

Quote :
King's X for me. Not one note, not one concert moment, not one ounce of energy - wasted. I can have their volume on 1 or 11, and that vibe takes me over. The concerts are spiritual - the fanbase, extended family. Kind of a Grateful Dead for MY sect of peoples. I know Pelata knows exactly what I am talking about.
I can almost agree 100%. Except for, Manic Moonlight, and Please Come Home. Other than that, i'm with you.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:26 pm

Not many metalish" bands...KING'S X is close to it....early JANE'S ADDICTION....

16 HORSEPOWER for all the reasons SAX quoted for KING'S X....

JEFF BUCKLEY and LEONARD COHEN make me half weepy when I hear them they are so f***in' great...

Lots of single songs by people that make me heartsick...that I can feel so much in them.

"Post Mortem Bar" by ZANE CAMPBELL being one...or "My Mom" by CHOCOLATE GENIUS...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Meat Loaf

- Whenever I hear that oh so beautiful, ultra-nostalgia charged guitar intro to Bat out of Hell, I am floating in a dreaming world of aw - Just.....beautiful Sad
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:15 pm

I would also say Savatage. Believe, anymore, Somewhere in time,etc..... they all make me emotional.

another one is Petra, so much spirit in all their music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:24 pm

I gotta go back and revisit some Savatage music, because apparently I'm missing something very sepcial. Don't get me wrong, I like 'em just as much as the next guy, but I'm not getting that warm & fuzzy feeling that some of you seem to get.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:32 pm

Always its depend on my mood but some underground black/thrash can make me wild, and glam/sleazy/melodic hard rock can get me in a party mood. HEAVY METAL can give me power, like MANOWAR for exemple etc....
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:36 pm

I thought you were gonna say "The band that touches you right in the goiter", to which I would undoubtedly say Manowar, but now...I got nothin'. No
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 4:51 pm

Pink Floyd
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Two bands have songs that effect me just as much as Savatage:

Avantasia-What Kind Of Love (the second most beautiful song I ever heard)
Nightwish-Sleeping Sun (the most beatiful song I ever heard), Forever Yours, Sleepwalker and Dead Boy's Poem
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:55 pm

There alot of bands that have that effect on me but one right of the top of my head is Manowar there songs are just so powerful and it makes me feel closer to metal fans everywhere take a listen to "Call To Arms" and It'll make you want be on the frontlines of the metal army defending the music you love. Yeah a lot of people make Manowar out as something to laugh at but to me I get a sense of unity with the world of metal when I listen to them
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Pink Floyd for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I gotta go back and revisit some Savatage music,
because apparently I'm missing something very sepcial.

You misspelled "sceptical".

But I'm not sceptical about them at all. Evil or Very Mad

Quote :
Don't get me wrong, I like 'em just as much as the next guy, but
I'm not getting that warm & fuzzy feeling that some of you seem to
get.

Well, mileage will vary on what moves different people. I'd say listen
to Gutter Ballet, particularly the song When The Crowds Are Gone to get
where I'm coming from. Then again, it may not move you the same way. No
biggie.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:32 pm

Savatage for me as well.All that I bleed and Alone I Breathe are my two favorite Sava songs.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 6:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Two bands have songs that effect me just as much as Savatage:

Avantasia-What Kind Of Love (the second most beautiful song I ever heard)
Nightwish-Sleeping Sun (the most beatiful song I ever heard), Forever Yours, Sleepwalker and Dead Boy's Poem

Oh yeah, how could I forget Avantasia. Especially the Metal Opera pt. 2 that one is great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The band that touches you right in the   The band that touches you right in the Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The band that touches you right in the
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next