Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted

Go down 
+4
Thrasher73
Troublezone
powermacho
Chairman_Smith
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Empty
PostSubject: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Okay to answer your obvious first question, does it sound like Sepultura, Nailbomb or Soulfly? The answer tp that would be an honest... NONE OF THEM.

While Soulfly and later Sepultura blended in alot of different sounds, and Nailbomb was a bit industrial.... Cav. Cons. is a straight up extreme metal album. You won't hear any tribal influences, no nu metal.... nothing but extreme death/thrash.

So with that, the album smokes from start to finish... they don't let up once... all fast aggressive songs. Max's vocals are near the same as they have been since Chaos A.D., perhaps a bit more aggressive here and there.

I rate the album 9.5/10, I diden't get bored with it.... good amount of songs... lyrics intelligently driven... theres quite a bit of cursing, but thats never bothered me.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:50 am

I have only seen the music video, and I liked the song, even thought it wasn't like beneath the remains, it felt like a sepultura song from their chaos era
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 1:57 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Okay to answer your obvious first question, does it sound like Sepultura, Nailbomb or Soulfly? The answer tp that would be an honest... NONE OF THEM.

While Soulfly and later Sepultura blended in alot of different sounds, and Nailbomb was a bit industrial.... Cav. Cons. is a straight up extreme metal album. You won't hear any tribal influences, no nu metal.... nothing but extreme death/thrash.

So with that, the album smokes from start to finish... they don't let up once... all fast aggressive songs. Max's vocals are near the same as they have been since Chaos A.D., perhaps a bit more aggressive here and there.

I rate the album 9.5/10, I diden't get bored with it.... good amount of songs... lyrics intelligently driven... theres quite a bit of cursing, but thats never bothered me.

Actually i heard a song with a industrial intro. I think it's called Inflikted or something like that. So i wouldn't say it's pure anything.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:33 pm

I've got a copy on the way.I like what samples I've heard.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 10:55 am

troublezone wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Actually i heard a song with a industrial intro. I think it's called Inflikted or something like that. So i wouldn't say it's pure anything.

Hmm, you consider that industrial?
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 4:21 pm

I picked it up recently, I'll agree 9.5 out 0f 10.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:53 pm

After several spins I'm really liking this.Like Chairman said,Gone is the industrial and tribal parts.This is pretty much straight forward brutal thrash similar to earlier Sepultura.Several songs have a nice mid paced groove with a killer riff.Its great to see the Cavalera boys back together and playing music like this again.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:22 pm

It is definetly a great album. At first I wasnt going to get it but I figured what the hell, and im glad I did. Reminds me a little of Chaos AD.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:08 pm

Good album, mostly stupid lyrics with not much thought.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Good album, the lyrics are typical of Max lately
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:46 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:

Hmm, you consider that industrial?

What would you call it? It's definately not a thrash sounding intro. It's more like a Soulfly type sound. Other than that it's pretty brutal throughout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:48 pm

I think this is a whole lot like early Sep. Some of it sounds like it could be straight off Arise. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Edited. Wrong thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:03 pm

This doesn't sound anything like Sepultura. But I never expected it to. However, it's still a great modern metal record. I wish all new stuff sounded this awesome. My only complaint is the production on Igor's (Iggor's?) drums. Usually they are more out front in Sepultura, here he kind of just fades in the background which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted   Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: The Hurting Words-
Jump to: