Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allow me to introduce myself.....

Go down 
+18
Stender
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
the sentinel
nevermore
ultmetal
Invader
exact33
Todd Jaymz
mc666
krokus
EvyMetal
GrandNational
Wargod
Olafsto
Lurideath
Selvmord
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Allow me to introduce myself..... Empty
PostSubject: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Hello "Heart of Metal!" My name is Selvmord (Norwegian for suicide. Pretty METAL, huh? Actually Selvmord was an album as a side project of one of my favorite artist, Mortiis. It's a pretty dark album. Anyway....) I was invited here by Shawn, so you can blame him for my being here. I used to post at Lapland, but uh.... well, I quit because it was more of a NON-Metal board than anything else. And I got tired of the bullsh*t.

Some of my favorite artists include (In no particular order) Katatonia, Porcupine Tree, Tiamat, In Flames, King's X, Soilwork, Mortiis, Immortal, Tool, Kataklysm, Type O Negative, Megadeth, In This Moment, Testament, Slayer, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest..... I think you get the idea. I listen to some non-metal stuff too though from time to time. More on that later.

None of my friends or co-workers listens to the same music I listen to, and I am often misunderstood because of it. This board looks like a very cool board, and I hope to add to conversations, and learn about some new bands that maybe I hadn't tried before. I hope I can do the same for the rest of you.

Anyway, happy to be here, now let's talk METAL!!!!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Welcome to the board man! I used to post on Lapland as well, but left because of the non-metalness of it.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Velkommen Selvmord!
For et vakkert optimistisk navn, er du norsk??? Or:
What a beautiful and optimistic name, are you norwegian?
🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Welcome to HOM. I was a member over at Lapland for a few years and I agree that board did more bickering and fighting than talk metal.
You will be very welcomed here must of us have been here since was started!

Wargod48

NP: Battlecry - Keepers Of The Light
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Sorry, I forgot to mention even though my name is Norwegian, I am not. I live in the US. My fault!

I was just so sick of Lapland snd all of it's crap. There are SOME genuinely good people there, but the few that are there that make that board a mess is why I left.

Enough of that though! Thanks, and I'm glad to be here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Welcome, and enjoy yourself.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Selv is King Fowley still over there?

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:48 pm

Yeah, King is still there, and just as insane as ever! Great guy! One of the cool people at that board....
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:52 pm

Yeah I bought alot of music from him. I tried to apply to Lap again but never got an invite so I figured the big wigs there were not inviting in many anymore!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:53 pm

I'm not sure what has to happen to join that board anymore. I had 10,000 posts, so I had been there for awhile. I think the board is getting ready to move to a different server or something.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Selvmord wrote:
I'm not sure what has to happen to join that board anymore. I had 10,000 posts, so I had been there for awhile. I think the board is getting ready to move to a different server or something.

Again? Isn't that the 4th move for them? I remember when it first started it was a cool board. I once mentioned bands from the 70's that on this board are cool but dam did I get slmmed for that.
It was about a 70's band called Jo Jo Gunne!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:05 pm

They have moved a lot, I know that. Some people there are very eliteist (I'm sure that's spelled wrong.) And if you like anything other than what they like, then you are an idiot. It drove me crazy sometimes!

Oh well. Like I said though, MOST people on that board are OK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Welcome! 🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:32 pm

Wlecome to the board. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:46 pm

willkommen! (I study German)

Are you a man of wealth and taste?
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:49 pm

I JUST made a ROlling Stones comp CD, not 10 minutes ago with that song on it..... Wow!

No "wealth" but I have taste. At least I think I do..... Smile
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Welcome to this great board. Nice you guys talk about KING FOWLEY. A lot of respect to him realy.
I saw TIAMAT on your list. Like TREBLINKA a lot and first couple of TIAMAT albums.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:55 pm

Treblinka was great! I really like all of Tiamat's albums. No two are exactly alike, and I can get into that. Judas Christ is probably my favorite, but like I said, I enjoy all of them.

King's great! He sent me some CD's one time, and I got a killer Black Death t-shirt from him! October 31 played near here one time and I got to meet him. He's just as crazy in life as he is on line!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:58 pm

nice to know you, welcome to the forum.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:59 pm

Selvmord wrote:
Treblinka was great! I really like all of Tiamat's albums. No two are exactly alike, and I can get into that. Judas Christ is probably my favorite, but like I said, I enjoy all of them.

King's great! He sent me some CD's one time, and I got a killer Black Death t-shirt from him! October 31 played near here one time and I got to meet him. He's just as crazy in life as he is on line!

Cool what you are telling me about King fowley. I made a fanzine and ones i sent him a interviu and he was great. Love OCTOBER 31 but also DECEASED and DOOMSTONE.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Welcome!!-TJ
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Howdy Selvmord! welcome to the HoM!!

Alex

Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Selvmord wrote:
Some of my favorite artists include...King's X...Motorhead...Iron Maiden...Black Sabbath... Judas Priest....now let's talk METAL!!!!!!

🤘

Looks like we will get along just fine! 🤘

WELCOME!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Welcome Selvmord!! Good to see you here. I posted over at Lapland for a very very brief time. Too much fighting and b.s. going on over at that board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allow me to introduce myself.....   Allow me to introduce myself..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allow me to introduce myself.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next