Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children of Bodom ROCKS!

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Stender
krokus
mc666
DeathCult
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Children of Bodom ROCKS! Empty
PostSubject: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:40 pm

Children of Bodom was awesome at FOntana! They had a sick show, their new stuff from Blooddrunk album was good! I like the track, Blood from Heaven! It was really good, I got to preview it on myspace.com/childrenofbodom

Last edited by huntermike85 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:41 pm

No, they really don't
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:46 pm

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 3:55 pm

I respect huntermike85 opinion but i have to agree with DEATHCULT, they dont rock at all to me. TWISTED SISTER ROCK a lot more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 4:10 pm

I like CoB, but this guy is a spammer, so he's a fag.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:17 pm

No disrespect to huntermike, but isnt there like 80 other threads on bodom?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:19 pm

I had one of their cds for a day. That illustrates my viewpoint.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:22 pm

I am not into this band at all. The growling vox are a death knell.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:32 pm

I agree that the vocals get old REAL quick but the music is good enough that I listen to them every now and then. My favorite track is Everytime I Die (my first intro was the music video)-that track rules!!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:01 am

If they are "children" of Bodom, I am assuming Bodom was an untalented, unoriginal hack as well?

Bravely bold Sir Bodom rode forth from Camelot. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Bodom. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Bodom. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Bodom. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...

Hey Children! Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, you and all your silly Finnish K-nig-hts!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 12:08 am

DeathCult wrote:
No, they really don't

lol!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:55 am

I used to like them a lot, but they lost an edge. The last album I really liked throughout was "Follow the Reaper", everything afterwards is too watered down for my taste.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 4:00 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
If they are "children" of Bodom, I am assuming Bodom was an untalented, unoriginal hack as well?
Do you know where their name comes from? It's actually a pretty eerie backstory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Bodom_murders
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:09 am

Hatebreeder and Follow The Reaper are rather awesome. Everything else is a bit hit and miss.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Hey Sax! Bodom is a Lake!
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:19 pm

I've always felt that I SHOULD like C.o.B. but I just don't. Same goes for Arch Enemy. There is no reason why I shouldn't like these bands. I just don't. That simple.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Selvmord wrote:
I've always felt that I SHOULD like C.o.B. but I just don't. Same goes for Arch Enemy. There is no reason why I shouldn't like these bands. I just don't. That simple.

I think i have that same problem with those two bands. Also with NILE that happens to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Yeah - Actually my kid likes them. so, being the responsible adult (What? Who said that?). I looked into them and it is a pretty freaky story.

any members that don't know me well yet - don't take much I say too seriously.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:56 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Bravely bold Sir Bodom rode forth from Camelot. He was not afraid to die, oh brave Sir Bodom. He was not at all afraid to be killed in nasty ways, brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Bodom. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp, or to have his eyes gouged out, and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split, and his body burned away, and his limbs all hacked and mangled, brave Sir Bodom. His head smashed in and heart cut out, and his liver removed, and his bowels unplugged, and his nostrils raped and his bottom burned off and his penis...

Hey Children! Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, you and all your silly Finnish K-nig-hts!

Laughing very hard

You had to have looked those lyrics up! Even I, the quintessential MP fan, don't have all those lyrics memorized.

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:05 pm

I DID look up the Sir Robin song. But, as my father smelt of elderberry, I DO have all the French Guard lingo down pat!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:15 pm

You wiper of other people's bottoms!

Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:12 pm

krokus wrote:
Selvmord wrote:

I think i have that same problem with those two bands. Also with NILE that happens to me.

YES! Nile is the same with me! I went to one of thier shows, only to see Hypocrisy. I left before Nile even came out!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Laughing very hard

You had to have looked those lyrics up! Even I, the quintessential MP fan, don't have all those lyrics memorized.

I know that song practically by heart (everything up to "bowls unplugged"). I've seen Holy Grail more times than I can count, Life of Brian and Meaning Of Life multiple times and the entire Flying Circus series two times all the way through (four if you count reading the scripts for every episode twice-I have two books that contain the complete scripts). So I actually am that much of a MP nerd.

Perhaps thats why I've never had a girfriend? thinking
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Quote :
Perhaps thats why I've never had a girfriend
One day you'll find your Carol Cleveland!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 1:01 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

Perhaps thats why I've never had a girfriend? thinking[/quote]

Probably.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom ROCKS!   Children of Bodom ROCKS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children of Bodom ROCKS!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next