Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
holydiver97595
chewie
Fat Freddy
metalhead777
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Empty
PostSubject: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 am

Anyone have this yet? Thoughts?

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:12 am

I dont think I'll pick it up...alexi's vocals are just so godawful now.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:52 am

Bad vocals? I suppose if you don't like extreme vocals they would be bad. I'm really liking this new CD. The interplay between the guitars and keyboards is awesome. At times it reminds me of early Dream Theater. The opening track "Not My Funeral" is vicious IMO!

I don't understand the hate these guy garner from metal fans.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:59 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Bad vocals? I suppose if you don't like extreme vocals they would be bad. I'm really liking this new CD. The interplay between the guitars and keyboards is awesome. At times it reminds me of early Dream Theater. The opening track "Not My Funeral" is vicious IMO!

I simply just cant get into the vocalist. While I believe most of the hate comes from earlier fans who claim the shift from death growls to shrieks was them "selling out" and going "metalcore"

I might try the new album though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 pm

I hear nothing 'core' about this album whatsoever. I'd call it power metal with thrash vocals.

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I hear nothing 'core' about this album whatsoever. I'd call it power metal with thrash vocals.

hmmm...I like it. reminds me allot of kalmah
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 3:41 pm

They seem to be a pretty talented bunch but the vocals irritate me.

They did release a cover of Britney Spears' "Oops, I Did It Again" a couple of years ago that was pretty frickin' funny though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:24 pm

It actually sounds like the vocals got better. I've always liked them musically, I just couldn't stand his chihuahua barking. This sounds promising!
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:

You basically summed up my thoughts on it here.

I saw them live for this tour, and at the show I thought "Meh.", but on listening to the studio versions, I felt about the same way you described above, Ult.

Also, I totally agree with FF about their cover; all their covers actually come out nicely, IMO. Especially She Is Beautiful by Andrew WK; I'd say they improved that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 am

I got this album because there was nothing else interesting to pick up at the time i was at the record store.

It's a bit better than bloodrunk, but i stick with the opinion that Children of Bodom = follow the reaper, something wild and hatebreeder. If you have those, you have the entire Bodom catalogue.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 2:35 am

I love me some Hatecrew; I consider it basically to be an unofficial best of compilation.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:58 am

I love Follow The Reaper, I even have a t-shirt of it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:23 pm

I like this band, although Blooddrunk wasn't very good IMO. I stopped listening to them after that. This one sounds like a step in the right direction at least.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:39 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Is it this one?

Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever 001-028-002

If so, we have the same shirt! Woohoo! Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 7:48 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Is it this one?

Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever 001-028-002

If so, we have the same shirt! Woohoo! Smile

cool
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:56 am

I had "Follow the Reaper" years ago when I lived in Colorado. It was never a real regular player for me, so I ended up getting rid of it and moving on from them into more power metal territory.

This does sound a bit promising though - so I might have to give Children of Bodom a fresh lease on my collection ...
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:07 am

I have not yet heard this album and I am a bit reluctant to pick this up. I was a big CoB fan in the past and I still love all of their albums up to and including Hatecrew.

This was one of my first euro-metal bands that I truly became a fan of and I used to play their stuff non-stop about 10 years ago. What happened was Are You Dead Yet? and from then on my interest in the band has waned down considerably.

I picked up Blooddrunk the week it was released and while I liked - it hardly managed to capture my attention in the same way as Hatebreeder or Hatecrew did. It seemed as though the band had run out of ideas...

Having said that, the song that was posted above sounds pretty good .. again nothing outstanding unlike the band's past albums - it is kinda good, kinda there but it is nowhere near as tight and in your face as the older stuff. Maybe it's just me but for me this band will never top Hatecrew.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:42 am

Their repetitive sound ends up making them boring.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 2:47 am

I listened to that sample - and it's not half bad. Probably not gonna run out and buy it - but it's not a bad slab o metal for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever   Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children of Bodom - Relentless Reckless Forever
Page 1 of 1