Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dope

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
Troublezone
MetalRob331
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:00 am

Dope have been one of my most listened to bands in the last few years. I always seem to go back to the cd Life and stick it in my cd player and it just hypes me up. Any fans of the band?

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:32 am

Based on the bands that you mention i get the impression your really into alternative and nu-metal. Do you like anything from the 80's?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:55 am

I like Dope. Although, like Rob Zombie, I think they're pretty much a one trick pony; every album sounds the same but it's a consistent sound that I like. I still think "Felons and Revolutionaries" is my favorite CD by Dope because it contains two of my favorite Dope songs, "Pig Society" and "Debonaire".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:58 am

Never heard the band. In fact, quite frankly I was expecting this thread to be about something else... *cough cough*

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no Dope." -- Freewheelin' Franklin of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:17 am

I purchased their 1st album Felons & Revolutionaries mostly based on a cool pic on the back cover. I knew virtually nothing about the band, other than a slight Marilyn Manson/White Zombie vibe from pics I saw in Metal Edge back in the day.

Anyway, on that album, there was an unlisted track. A cover tune "F*ck Tha Police" by NWA. Now I don't want to hijack this thread and make it about cencorship, feelings about law enforcement or objectionable lyrics. But this was the 1st and only time in my life that I returned an album because I didn't like the lyrics to a song. I listen to Slayer, I listen to Deliverance. Overall, I could care less about what bands are singing about. I'm not influenced to worship satan any more than I'm gonna be a religious zealot. But knowing many cops, something didn't sit right with me and that band and that song.

I am opposed to censorship and folks have the right to say what they want, but I also don't have to support it.

Again, sorry if I'm off topic and I don't want the above paragragh to flame the fires of good cops vs. bad cops, censorship, whatever. Just stating my experience with the band. End of rant.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:10 pm

God-Awful band.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Too NU for me, not to knock their music but just not for me-TJ
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm really sick of those late 90's alternative metal crap bands. It all started with Manson and Zombie then a ***t load of other droney, electronic stuff. I remember years ago i was at a wherehouse music store cd listening station and a guy asked if i needed help finding something, i said i was just there looking around for some metal and he suggested the band Dope. I listened and almost immedietly took off the head phones when i heard the style and lame singer.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:32 pm

Ahhhh...

(see my post in the Avenged Sevenfold thread).

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 1:06 am

troublezone wrote:
Based on the bands that you mention i get the impression your really into alternative and nu-metal. Do you like anything from the 80's?

Im mostly into Prog/Power metal bands. There are just a lot of Alt Rock/Metal bands that grab my attention like Breaking Benjamin, Flaw, Stuck Mojo, Dope, Dry Kill Logic, Sevendust, Alter Bridge, and Disturbed.

I like a lot of bands from the 80's most are Thrash but i just dont listen to Metal. I like diversity in my music and sometimes its good to get away from the metal i like and put something else in.

I wouldnt say i like Nu-metal either like i said maybe 3 or 4 bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 2:06 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
troublezone wrote:

Im mostly into Prog/Power metal bands. There are just a lot of Alt Rock/Metal bands that grab my attention like Breaking Benjamin, Flaw, Stuck Mojo, Dope, Dry Kill Logic, Sevendust, Alter Bridge, and Disturbed.

I like a lot of bands from the 80's most are Thrash but i just dont listen to Metal. I like diversity in my music and sometimes its good to get away from the metal i like and put something else in.

I wouldnt say i like Nu-metal either like i said maybe 3 or 4 bands.

Fair enough Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dope Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dope   Dope Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dope
Page 1 of 1