Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal videogames

Go down 
+5
Required Fields
caniplaywithmadness?
Smindas
EvyMetal
Stender
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 8:50 pm

Ok, I' m not a videogame fan or daily player, but If they are metal I can take interest on them! Very Happy
My favourite was:

-"Full Throttle": (by Lucasarts, the same who created Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies): This game was and remain still today cool and funny! With a nice heavy soundtrack by "Gone Jackals"! It' s rocks! 🤘

-"Kiss: Psycho Circus": This game was inspired on a comic, however you can play every original Kiss members, collect piece of body armors during the levels, and kill monsters! You can find jukebox's in the game that plays some of the band most famous songs! 🤘 This one was funny too!

-"Painkiller" : Well this game Is very simple, you must only shoot and kill everything moves and destroy everithing.... The game songs are all Heavy Metal, some tracks remember Iron Maiden, some Metallica, however this one is good too....

Do you know other good Metal titles??
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:36 pm

I guess theres this game coming out soon called Brutal Legend. It balances that whole fantasy/metal bit in a adventure/action sort of game, pretty sweet IMO.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:55 am

BR00TAL! growl
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:23 am

Brutal Legend does look rather hilarious. Most the 'metal' videogames I've had experience with have been poor at best, other than the Guitar Hero series.

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:03 pm

I remember playing Psycho Circus I saved while I was falling in a hole with Ace so I didn't want to start at the begening of the level...
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:41 pm

does guitar hero count? playing raining blood or number of the beast is quite fun actually
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:12 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
I remember playing Psycho Circus I saved while I was falling in a hole with Ace so I didn't want to start at the begening of the level...

A proper time to use the phrase "Ace in the hole!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:36 pm

Even though they're not metal, Journey had a game for Atari, it was called Escape
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:06 am

Ed Hunter, Iron Maiden.
Back to top Go down

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:46 am

DeathCult wrote:
Even though they're not metal, Journey had a game for Atari, it was called Escape
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:35 am

spectrefate wrote:

DeathCult wrote:

Laughing very hard That's it! I used to have it back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:41 am

spectrefate wrote:

DeathCult wrote:

Laughing very hard Hilarious! There was also an arcade version of the Journey game. I used to go to a record store in NYC back in the day that had one in a back room along with KISS, Ted Nugent, and Rolling Stones pinball machines. I always made sure I had a few quarters in my pocket when I went there so I could do some retro arcade gamin'!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:44 am

I love how the JOurney game really has nothing to do with Journey until you are told the little blobs you are avoiding are groupies and such. Games were so bad back then, but that was the only time I ever really seriously played video games.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 8:50 am

spectrefate wrote:
I love how the JOurney game really has nothing to do with Journey until you are told the little blobs you are avoiding are groupies and such. Games were so bad back then, but that was the only time I ever really seriously played video games.

If I remember the Journey game correctly, the idea was that each band member had their own "level" where they had to overcome obstacles and reach the space ship at the top of the screen. If you got all the members to the ship it took them to their concert and the machine played "Don't Stop Believin'".

I think Steve Perry had to catch falling microphones as they fell from the sky, and the drummer (whose name escapes me) had to "bounce" off of a bunch of falling drums to reach the top of the screen. I can still hear the "BOOOOOOING! BOOOOOOING!" sound effect that it would make when he bounced off a drum, haha!

They don't make video games like THAT anymore!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Oh my, how could noone mention Revolution X! The Aerosmith video game! I used to have it on my Sega Mega Drive (Sega Genesis to you Americans), it was an arcade shooter where you had to save Aerosmith or something to that effect. It was pretty fun.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:35 pm

Smindas wrote:
Oh my, how could noone mention Revolution X! The Aerosmith video game! I used to have it on my Sega Mega Drive (Sega Genesis to you Americans), it was an arcade shooter where you had to save Aerosmith or something to that effect. It was pretty fun.

I was just going to write about that game! Awesome game!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:43 pm

Stender wrote:
I guess theres this game coming out soon called Brutal Legend. It balances that whole fantasy/metal bit in a adventure/action sort of game, pretty sweet IMO.

If Glenn Danzig and Jack Black had a baby. Great song choice also.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 7:29 am

Interesting note about the Journey video game. One of the songs played off of an actual cassette tape inside the machine. A few other facts about the game.

Quote :
The game was designed by Marvin Glass & Associates. It was the
first arcade game that was created around a rock band (the band members
were big video game fans themselves during that era) and the first to
use digitized graphics (black/white).Most of the game's sounds and
music is generated by two AY-3-8910 chips. During the bonus round, a
cassette player inside the machine plays a loop tape of Separate Ways (Worlds Apart). Electronic Journey songs include: Chain Reaction, Do not Stop Believin', Lights, Still They Ride, Stone In Love and Wheel In The Sky.Originally,
this game was not to have the band Journey in it. It would have a
digital camera (created by Ralph Baer, the creator of the Magnavox
Odyssey home console systems) that would take a picture of the player's
face and put it on the character. After some people used unmentionable
parts of their body as character heads during tests, this was dropped.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:32 am

kethdredd wrote:
After some people used unmentionable
parts of their body as character heads during tests, this was dropped.

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:42 am

more info on this dubious classic can be found here... with plenty of screenshots from the game! Laughing

http://www.klov.com/J/Journey.html

Metal videogames 1181242123194

Metal videogames 1181242123196

Metal videogames 1181242123198

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:02 pm

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metal videogames Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal videogames   Metal videogames Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal videogames
Page 1 of 1