Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Van Halen - who wants to take bets...

Go down 
+7
Metal Misfit
HellRaiser
DallasBlack
Tall Tyrion
XYZ
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Empty
PostSubject: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:21 pm

I predict that when Van Halen squeak through these rescheduled dates, that it's the last we ever hear from a DLR-fronted Van Halen.

Any takers? Van Halen - who wants to take bets... 309780
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:32 pm

I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:43 pm

Anyone know why they are being so mysterious about Eddie's "illness"? Eveyone knows the dude has had troubles with booze in the past, so him falling off the wagon and going back to rehab shouldn't seem like that big of a deal right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:46 pm

It's either that or a cancer relapse...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:05 pm

This is VH's swan song.

Sammy isn't stupid enough to reunite with them. So this tour will be the end. If not, then I will eat my hat.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:34 pm

I think it will continue after the tour. They need to hit The Netherlands before they retire. The whole album thing will probably never happen, but then again we thought we'd never see Eddie on stage with Roth.

If anything, they need to shelf their egos just once and play a final show with Michael Anthony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Holy crap that is the biggest signature picture I have ever seen!

You may want to do something about that.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm

An album will never happen...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
An album will never happen...

I don't see a full album of new material either. I think at best, they'll throw together a live album from the reunion tour and maybe tack on a new song or 2.

Aside from bootlegs, VH have never officially released any live material with Dave singing have they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:23 pm

A live album was my best guess as well. I really wanted to see this reunion work, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:

It's still going on!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:28 pm

Unless they've been recording all these shows in hopes of piecing one together, I don't see a live album either....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Unless they've been recording all these shows in hopes of piecing one together, I don't see a live album either....

I can't image either the band or the record company NOT having some sort of record of these shows for future release, as either a live cd, dvd or both. Too much chance of lost revenue.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Unless they've been recording all these shows in
hopes of piecing one together, I don't see a live album
either....

I have to believe they have recorded every note. Despite all the warm
fuzzies at the outset, I doubt anyone thought this would last forever.

The optomist in me wants to think they did it for the love of the music
and one more shot at reliving the glory days, but surely their
managers/accountants/whoever recorded all this for a live cd/DVD
product at the end. The money to be made from it has got to be too good
to pass up.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Unless they've been recording all these shows in
hopes of piecing one together, I don't see a live album
either....

I have to believe they have recorded every note. Despite all the warm
fuzzies at the outset, I doubt anyone thought this would last forever.

The optomist in me wants to think they did it for the love of the music
and one more shot at reliving the glory days, but surely their
managers/accountants/whoever recorded all this for a live cd/DVD
product at the end. The money to be made from it has got to be too good
to pass up.

Exactly. Same goes for the Led Zep reunion show.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Give it 3.5 to 4 years and we'll see a Van Halen/Gary Cherone reunion.

Seriously though, I, too, am surprised this one lasted as long as it has. I have to figure they're done after this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:16 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Holy crap that is the biggest signature picture I have ever seen!

You may want to do something about that.....

True but it is Dirty Harry, and you gotta ask yourself one question ......
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:49 pm

I wish it would end already.

VH has been nothing but one disappointment after another for the past 10+ years and even if they were able to put an album out with Dave, I doubt it would be anything special.

I've gotten to the point where I truly do not like Eddie. I used to be on his side (when it came to VH vs. DLR at least), but he's proven himself time and time again to be a selfish a-hole and while I do not wish him any physical harm (relapse or rehab) I wish the world would get tired of this long running circus and never pay attention to him again.

If you're not currently in the band, he's got nothing but bad things to say about you. He's low class.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:06 pm

I know they have postponed a lot of dates, but have they actually cancelled anything yet?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:08 pm

No cancellations yet. Supposedly all the dates are rescheduled.

After this tour, it'll be the end of VH with Roth. The band will put out a live cd and dvd, and then be on the hunt for a new singer.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 9:33 pm

They need to let this be their swan song if they are not going to do new material with Roth, IMO.

And it needs to be good material.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 11:45 pm

I willing to bet they finish the tour and release a studio album. Dave has never been too hot on the idea of a live album. Dispite the problems, I think that Eddie will pull through.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 7:13 pm

The word is that 17 dates are being postponed, but the tour will resume. Eddie is unergoing tests for an unspecified medical condition, but Valerie insists he is not in rehab.

link 1

link 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Van Halen - who wants to take bets...   Van Halen - who wants to take bets... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Van Halen - who wants to take bets...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next