Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Billy Squier

Go down 
+11
powermacho
the sentinel
mr.electric39
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
Wargod
tohostudios
Troublezone
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:35 pm

I dig his music, anyone else?

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu May 23, 2024 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 6:42 pm

Yeah, most of it.

But I know a Billy Squier story that sort of tempers my ability to enjoy his music. It's not really postable here though. Let's just say that my ex-girlfriend was a surgical technician and got to see more of Billy than most people do and Billy had "problems".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Billy rocked hard in the 80's I liked most of his stuff!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 8:12 pm

Everybody should have a copy of Billy's "Don't Say No" album. It's just a quintessential slice of early 80s radio rock.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:01 am

I liked his first album before he went totally gay. His music does nothing for me anymore.
Back to top Go down

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, most of it.

But I know a Billy Squier story that sort of tempers my ability to enjoy his music. It's not really postable here though. Let's just say that my ex-girlfriend was a surgical technician and got to see more of Billy than most people do and Billy had "problems".
Does he have a vagina?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:39 am

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, most of it.

Does he have a vagina?

Laughing very hard that made my day and is what i was thinking too/
Back to top Go down

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, most of it.

Does he have a vagina?

I have to say you have to see it to beleive it, so stroke it to find out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 11:18 am

stepcousin wrote:
I liked his first album before he went totally gay. His music does nothing for me anymore.

What do you mean "gay"? Nothing wrong with being happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0j7sModCI&feature=related
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:17 pm

He had a few good albums back in the 80's. Def Leppard was actually opening for him when Pyromania took off - the left the Squire tour and went on their headlining adventure.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:48 pm

I always loved 'Lonely is the Night'.... MTV had a concert of him on that tour and they played an extended jam on this tune and it ROCKED...! It's too bad he didn't rock this hard on vinyl....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:42 am

I loved stroke me until I took the time to read the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:48 pm

I remember buying "Don't Say No" on vinyl as a wee lad, but I don't really remember anything beyond the radio hits. As for his weird story, I'm bettin' he pulled a Richard Gere. Just mu two centavos!
Back to top Go down

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:58 pm

I really love Billy squire i Think i have all of his albums but have you guys ever heard the song Love is a heroe with Freddi mercury is WOW!!!!! that song is my favorite :hails:
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Welcome ELOHYING to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2024 11:27 am

Here’s a band where the singer kinda sounds like Billy Squire.
Hard rock. Good lead guitars.
1991. A little too late to the party. Only one release.
Based from Los Angeles. Not a bad release.
A swan song for sure.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2024 5:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, most of it.

But I know a Billy Squier story that sort of tempers my ability to enjoy his music.  It's not really postable here though.  Let's just say that my ex-girlfriend was a surgical technician and got to see more of Billy than most people do and Billy had "problems".

STD type stuff…

Billy was a slut. Like most other rock stars from the 70’s/80’s. They all liked the hookers and blow.

And some people would also do anything for fame. The old “selling your soul” adage comes to mind. There is a lot of talk about rappers doing stuff for the fame and fortune. Billy Squier 576953

Puff Daddy has been accused of fondling both men and women. I’m sure the “secret society” rabbit hole has a lot of secrets (hence the moniker).
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12760

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2024 8:24 am

I think I still have a copy of the S/T by Piper on vinyl. As far as the 'Don't Say No" album goes, it was something high school/college stoner chicks that put out had in their record collection. Laughing very hard

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2024 5:02 pm

James B. wrote:
I think I still have a copy of the S/T by Piper on vinyl.  As far as the 'Don't Say No" album goes, it was something high school/college stoner chicks that put out had in their record collection. Laughing very hard

They certainly “didn’t say no”, did they?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12760

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2024 8:13 am

Troublezone wrote:

Some did, when you asked about them giving you...

Billy Squier S-l1600

An example of a typical reply,  "I will spread you get no head"

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 12:18 am

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Some did, when you asked about them giving you...

Billy Squier S-l1600

An example of a typical reply,  "I will spread you get no head"

A humdinger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37865

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 11:48 am

Just making a note that I corrected the spelling of "Squier" in the thread title, cuz shit like that drives my O.C.D. crazy. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 3:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just making a note that I corrected the spelling of "Squier" in the thread title, cuz shit like that drives my O.C.D. crazy. Very Happy

How did I spell it?

I didn’t notice.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40527

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 4:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

How did I spell it?

I didn’t notice.

Squire
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2024 9:57 pm

007 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

How did I spell it?

I didn’t notice.

Squire

Oops! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Billy Squier Empty
PostSubject: Re: Billy Squier   Billy Squier Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Billy Squier
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next