Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rocklahoma line up.

Go down 
+16
rattpoison
Wargod
the sentinel
nevermore
hairmetaluck
MetalGuy71
kethdredd
brontotex
scottmitchell74
HellRaiser
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
jstate
sam
Shiney
Metal Misfit
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Any word of a Rocklahoma DVD being put out? I'd imagine it'd be a pain having to work out a deal with so many bands, but that'd be a buy on the first day of release for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:39 pm

Yeah, I guess the chick from Bone Shaker had her arm broken when something fell on her. Definitely unfortunate, but very fortunate no one died.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Hope she recovers well BONE SHAKER are great!!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Yeah, I guess the chick from Bone Shaker had her arm broken when something fell on her. Definitely unfortunate, but very fortunate no one died.

A few members of another forum I frequent (Heavy Harmonies) were in attendance at Rocklahoma and posted reports on all the mayhem that went down. Supposedly the weather was awful all weekend, and the storms that collapsed the stages were just the cherry on top.

Lucky indeed that nobody died. I betcha somebody's getting sued either way.

What a shame... it seemed like everything went so well for that festival last year, this year nothin' went right. I wonder if this'll be the last installment.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:54 pm

Yeah, I saw photos of the muddy slop and although I would have love to have gone, I was glad I wasn't there.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:28 pm

Saw the photos of the stages not good. Had some storms at Moondance Jam this past weekend that jam had a better lineup IMO!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:42 pm

What would be a Rock Festival without rain and mud......although they copped a bit more then that by the looks of it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:48 pm

Didn't UFO play Rocklahoma?

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:00 am

ultmetal wrote:

Yes, I believe they did, bro.

Vain -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMG4_W1nkfU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:42 am

I'm just sitting here at work on the last night of Rocklahoma 2008 Sad I went to last years Rocklahoma and it kick'd ass and I was really bummed I missed this years "started new job". I live in Tulsa and that's only a 30 minute drive so it's not like I don't have a excellent chance of being there. Well hopefully next year I'll be there and see if I can get some goodies "like pictures or whatever else 🤘 >Wink
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:01 am

Id also love a DVD of last years and this years.Wonder if anyone filmed it ad could release a DVD?Probably couldnt do that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yes, I believe they did, bro.

Vain -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMG4_W1nkfU

I thought so. On my UFO Tour Shirt I purchased on Friday evening, Rocklahoma is listed on the tour dates on the back.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:31 pm

I had the fortune of being there this past weekend...and despite the rain and
the wind problems, the festival was run damn near perfect...especially for one
that is just 2 years old. Every single member of the staff and volunteers, who
worked through some tough conditions, were some of the nicest, hard-working and appreciative people you would ever meet....always smiling and eager to serve.

Even when the storm hit with 65 mph winds and thousands of people packed the VIP tent, this amazing staff just kept on serving hot food, pouring beer, cracking jokes and basically rolling with another day in Pryor, Oklahoma. They turned a pretty scary 60 minutes into one hell of a good party.....it was awesome!

The production was top notch and on schedule. The facility/venue was very
well planned out and they thought of just about everything necessary to insure the 30,000 + fans had the time of their lives....Everyone I talked to said there is no
way they will miss next years event, and neither will I. Tickets are already on sale.

Hats off to the promoter and the staff for an exceptional experience! It's so nice to finally have an outdoor festival in the US that is 100% committed to a great party for each and every paying customer....See ya next year!

\m/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 pm

That's good to hear. Sounds like that 80s spirit was alive and well...and wet. Haha. I think it's great that the people running the show had the foresight to get those stages shut down and get people away before they collapsed.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:52 am

I don't think there would be any possible way to solve the legal headaches a DVD would take. Specific bands, maybe, but a comprehensive festival set? Not likely, which is too bad.

I would have LOVED to see the Saturday night line-up, and Thursday's looked pretty decent as well. Sunday would have been the hit-or-miss day for me, with the exception of Tesla and Beautiful Creatures. Friday would have been a skip day unless I paid for them all.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I don't think there would be any possible way to solve the legal headaches a DVD would take. Specific bands, maybe, but a comprehensive festival set? Not likely, which is too bad.

'tis a shame. Can you imagine a Rocklahoma DVD box set? Shocked

I'd settle for just two or three songs from selected bands!

Hm... How's YouTube looking these days..?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocklahoma line up.   Rocklahoma line up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rocklahoma line up.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2