Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VENOM - Welcome To Hell

Go down 
+12
Leatherface
DeathCult
TrogDawn
krokus
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
mc666
nevermore
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
James B.
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:43 am

spectrefate wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:
Why do so many christians pretend to not like Venom for the music?

Can you point out who is pretending? I'm curious.

You caught me. I'm not into any heavy metal at all. As far as I'm concerned, the whole genre is rubbish. Top 40 radio is where it's at, you buncha losers. I only post to show my homies what a bunch a nerds you are. Word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:04 pm

Could it be that some Christians genuinely don't like Venom because of the lyrics? Could it be alot of non-Christians don't like Stryper because they are overly "preachy"? What an ignorant comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:07 pm

never cared 'bout benom. as a matter of fact had to suffer them once when they open for virgin steele in athens. VS that night didn't have time to play symphony of steele due to cronos "solo" bass. i'll never forgive him for this. may lord give mercy on his "solo"....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 pm

Quote :
may lord give mercy on his "solo"....
Clever!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:11 pm

syrus wrote:
never cared 'bout benom. as a matter of fact had to suffer them once when they open for virgin steele in athens. VS that night didn't have time to play symphony of steele due to cronos "solo" bass. i'll never forgive him for this. may lord give mercy on his "solo"....
yeah, Benom suck. so does Virgin Steele though.

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:14 pm

mc666 wrote:
syrus wrote:

don't know bout VS but sure your avatar does lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:14 pm

syrus wrote:
mc666 wrote:
syrus wrote:

it's long been a fantasy of mine for sure.

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
syrus wrote:
mc666 wrote:
syrus wrote:

i heard that defeis' sister is pretty lovely lady. but i didn't manage to see her when they played in germany.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:16 pm

mc666 wrote:
syrus wrote:
mc666 wrote:
syrus wrote:

Oh man, that comeback had me rolling! Laughing very hard

Everyone at work is wondering what the heck I was laughing at.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

You caught me. I'm not into any heavy metal at all. As far as I'm concerned, the whole genre is rubbish. Top 40 radio is where it's at, you buncha losers. I only post to show my homies what a bunch a nerds you are. Word.

And all this time we've taken you in and let you be a part of our club.How could you deceive us like this.Non-Metalguy angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Quote :

Uh-oh. Does this mean the CD I'm expecting in trade from you will turn out to be a Backstreet Boys disc instead of what I really wanted?? VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 927150

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:25 am

thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

And all this time we've taken you in and let you be a part of our club.How could you deceive us like this.Non-Metalguy angry

I never specified anyone on this board, you all just jumped to the conclusions that I was pointing the finger at you. I know lots of christians outside of the net that never stop going on about how much they think that Venom suck, how they're talentless, overrated whatever, yet they'll listen to other bands that sound very similiar yet have non-satanic lyrics. Or they'll say "the only Venom song I like is Warhead or Poison" or whatever. If you like the band but can't listen to them because of their lyrics just say so and don't beat around the bush. It strikes me as more than coincidence that so many christians find them to be "talentless hacks". A lot do it to cover up their bitterness over the fact that they really wish they could listen to them.

Of course, there are other christians that simply admit the band are good but the lyrics are too much, or say they don't like the music but explain it has nothing to do with the lyrics.

I don't see why so many people jumped into defensive position as soon as I said the word christian though. Trust me, there are hypocrites out there, it doesn't mean that you're one of them.

As for them being talentless, of course they're not. They write incredibly catchy songs and very good, heavy riffs, which is pretty much all I ask for in metal. The lyrics are fun and over-the-top, which always works. It's the reason I like most of the bands I do, from Motorhead to Hammerfall to Immortal. Even if their music wasn't catchy, it would be completely inoffensive background noise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:59 am

It was probably your wording - "so many" "pretend". Hard not to feel the finger pointed at you.

Personally, I saw them live at First Ave in '85. They sounded horrible. They had fans blowing their hair all over like big poser rock stars. Their live show totally came off as a joke, not like some big evil demon band that they were trying to portray with their lyrics. It didn't help that Mercyful Fate opened for them - and I was a stuck up punker at the time. So we just hurled insults at them the whole time and had fun with it. I have not paid attention to them since. There is too much good music out there to take up my time.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:00 pm

i like the song actually but it is musically bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VENOM - Welcome To Hell   VENOM - Welcome To Hell - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VENOM - Welcome To Hell
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2