Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???

Go down 
+15
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
Todd Jaymz
the sentinel
DeathCult
Stender
mc666
kmorg
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
nevermore
ultmetal
Glenn Rogers
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Empty
PostSubject: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:41 am

It's seems to me that everyone who was in a Metal/Hard Rock band in the 80's/90"s are reuniting.

Do we really need more Green Jelly???

Alot of us on have stuck too our guns for years,not cut our hair ."If it did'nt fall out first."

Can we say Band Wagon!!!

What's your opinion?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:47 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Can we say Band Wagon!!!

Indeed.

In the 1990's metal was a dirty word in the music industry and suddenly all these bands were either dropping out of site or claiming "we were never really a metal band to begin with". Suddenly metal is cool again and the reunion bug has hit.

I had long hair in the 90's. Playing in a metal band throughout the 90's and am still doing so.

headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:51 am

It does seem that a ton of bands with some marginal success is re-uniting these days.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:51 am

I don't have a problem with it. It gives those of us - at any age - a chance to see someone we missed out on the first time around (for whatever reason). If they are giving it their "all" and not just mailing it in I say "cool!!".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 11:55 am

No.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 pm

Eh, yea, there are probably too many re-uniting that don't deserve the attention. Most of 'em (not all) can't recapture the magic or whatever it was that got them signed in the first place, so why bother? And with the music industry in the crapper, is there really any money in it? Sure, someone like The Police can reunite and sell out stadiums and make some coin, but Green Jelly? What's the point? Their brief career was a joke/novelty to begin with that I can't imagine generated any huge money, so what are they doing it for? Do they have some important message that they need to get out from a new album? Is there a sequel to "3 Little Pigs" that needs to be heard?

It's all a matter of your opinion of the band in question, I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Some that seem like a reunion never totally went away. Without support they didn't tour much and so were unheard of for awhile. Tesla for example. Bands like Green Jelly were a joke to start with.

Of course Scott and Glenn are trOO.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:37 pm

BRO!!!! Good to see you here!! 'BOUT TIME!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Good to see ya Etomb.Stick around awhile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

Alot of us on have stuck too our guns for years,not cut our hair ."If it did'nt fall out first."

lol! lol! Best line today!!

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:25 pm

I don't have a problem with bands reuniting. A lot of them broke up because they simply couldn't support themselves or their families. If the market is better now and the demand is their for a reunion, I say go for it.

The problem I have is that these bands put out music that is just not the same as it once was. And often it's just not even good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 1:53 pm

i don't mind reuniting if they actually release new material. the reuniting for a nostalgia tour thing is pathetic though.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
i don't mind reuniting if they actually release new material. the reuniting for a nostalgia tour thing is pathetic though.

The problem that I have with that is the new material rarely holds up. Sometimes it just best for bands to go away. At least with a nostalgia tour, you're pretty much guaranteed to only hear the "hits".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:24 pm

If the new shows/recordings sound good and perhaps even expose new fans to the band then it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:32 pm

Well what bands are worth it or not? Example, Bullet Boys a yes or no?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:34 pm

I'd say no on the Bullet Boys
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

I don't own any of their CDs but I'd rather new material from them than 95% of the band featured in today's "metal"/hard rock mags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Bulletboys, no. Debut album Deliverance, yes! lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

I'd say no, but that's just me. I thought a GOOD example of a band reuniting was Death Angel. They dropped out of sight for awhile, members did other projects, etc. then came roaring back with The Art of Dying, a fine "comeback" album. They didn't rely on past hits, like Motley Crue did with their Red White & Crue release. Death Angel (or their record company) could have easily put out a compilation album, tack on a new song or 2 (guaranteeing fan-boy purchases), then go on tour playing a greatest hits set-list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Realm is worth it. To expose more to them.
Xentrix for the same reason.

Good call on the Death Angel.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

Do we really need more Green Jelly???

Yes!, absolutley on the Green Jelly!

But yeah it seems the majority of the time bands that come back just make fools of them selfs when they try to play again, As long as those old guys and gals are having a good time.....
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:13 pm

The fact that Odin's back proves this one
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 8:38 pm

For me it really depends on the band. I think it's a case by case basis. As much as I like the Bulletboys (and have for 20 years), they were really only marginally successful in the late eighties early nineties; come on, were not talking Priest, Purple, or Maiden here. If the band were only somewhat popular and did not make millions upon millions; or were a "joke" band like Green Jelly or Scatterbrain, definately no!
Also, I would be more apt to purchase a new album from a band and not so much as see them perform a greatest hits concert like someone said above.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Laaz Rockit has a new one one the way, soooooo I say yes!-TJ
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 9:04 pm

the sentinel wrote:
a "joke" band like Green Jelly or Scatterbrain, definately no!

I would support a Scatterbrain reunion, but I'd probably be the only one. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???   Are toooooo manny bands reuniting??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are toooooo manny bands reuniting???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next