Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best deals?

Go down 
+11
kmorg
Shiney
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
krokus
MetalGuy71
Hamer12
Thrasher73
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
sovdat
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 1:42 pm

Which were some of the best deals you've gotten in your collecting career?

Some of mine:

1.) Invocator / Excursion Demise CD. The guy wanted 5 euros, then we made a deal for Faith No More - King for a Day ... CD
2.) Deathrow / Deception Ignored CD. 10 euros!

Unfortunately we don't have used bins here, so I wasn't able to track anything for, let's say $2, but some other good deals:

Assorted Heap - The Experience of Horror CD (6 or 7 eur)
Cyclone - Brutal Destruction CD (12 eur)
Exodus - Impact is Imminent CD (8 eur)
Holy Moses - Finished with the Dogs misprint CD (8 eur)
Mandator - both (Disaster) ? don't know if they worth something or not, but I haven't seen 'em yet anywhere for sale ... (got the second one in a trade for a Manowar CD (I paid 6 eur for it), and the first one for 9 eur)
Sacred Reich - first two albums and an EP (8-10 eur/piece)
Toxik - Think This org. Roadracer press (7 eur)
Back to top Go down

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 1:51 pm

Too many to list! I Love pawn shops! The one that always comes immediatley to mind:

Kublai Khan - Annihilation (Orig New Ren. press) - $6.00

Nearly had a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

Here are some of the biggest steals I've gotten:

Living Death - Worlds Neuroses (original Aaarrg press) $7
Defiance - Product Of Society (original R/C press) $6.99
Prestige - Attack Against Gnomes $9.99
Sacred Reich - Surf Nicaragua $2.50
Sacred Reich - The American Way $2.95
Sabbat - Dreamweaver $5
Cyclone - Brutal Destruction $16.99
Redrum - Power Corrupts $9.99
Wasted Youth - Black Daze $1.75 (thank you LaLa!)
Meliah Rage - Kill To Survive (original press) $1.75 (LaLa again)
Vio-lence - Oppressing The Masses (original press) $3.95
Sacrificial - Forever Entangled $7.99
Deadly Blessing - Ascend From The Cauldron (original New Renaissance press) $7.99
Deliverance - Weapons Of Our Warfare $6.99
Pentagram - Pentagram (from Turkey) $8.99 (just sold on eBay twice for $35+ both times
Acid Reign - Obnoxious $9.99

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 1:57 pm

i lovbe pawn shops, flea markets, garage/yard sales, used bins, etc etc. i've found many a good deal. impossible to remember what i've paid for any particular one though.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:01 pm

I've picked up alot of good cds used for around 5 or 6 bucks.
Back to top Go down

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:03 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Too many to list! I Love pawn shops! The one that always comes immediatley to mind:

Kublai Khan - Annihilation (Orig New Ren. press) - $6.00

Nearly had a heart attack.

What about me ya bollix ? you've made some pretty good kills from me over time (you can't deny it)
Back to top Go down

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:07 pm

I had to affix a dollar amount, Locky. Just basking in your glory is priceless!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:10 pm

One of the guys at work gave me Entombed "Wolverine Blues" the other day still in the wrapper. Said he doesnt listen to devil music anymore. About 12 years ago I was given 3 copies of the Stryper 3 inch In God We Trust cds from a guy at Tower Records. They were throwing them away. 2 are still in the wrapper. We have a store around here that puts good stuff in the 3.99 bin all the time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:15 pm

mc666 wrote:
i lovbe pawn shops, flea markets, garage/yard sales, used bins, etc etc. i've found many a good deal. impossible to remember what i've paid for any particular one though.

Same here. I've scoured many a used shop, flea market, etc. I'm not so much into finding "rare" cd's as I am finding cheap cd's. If they happen to be rare, well, that's just icing on the cake. Very Happy

I spent a bundle when the local Tower Records was going out of business. A buddy of mine worked there and he hooked me up with an additional employee discount over and above the already 60-70% mark-down. I was getting stuff normally marked $18-$19 for $2 & $3 dollars.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:23 pm

A hard cuestion because i get records all the time but some of the last good deals have been:
POWERGOD:EVILUTION 1 1,99 euro
STEEL PROPHET:DARK HALLUCINATIONS digipack 2,99 euros
HOLY MOTHER:CRIMINAL AFTERLIFE 2,99 EUROS
HADES:LIVE ON LOCATION 4,99 EUROS
etc..
All second hand.
Back to top Go down

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:34 pm

I got the soundtrack to "The Decline of the Western Civilization part II the metal years" for .50c on ebay, ok i had to pay postage but that was a steal of a price for the CD.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:01 pm

Ethereal Scourge -Judgement and Restoration $4.49 price and shipping!

Silent Force - Worlds Apart - $4.49 (different seller) Price and shipping

These next three came on the same purchase, so I divide the shipping amongst them to get the total:

Warmachine - The Beginning of the End - $6.50 Total
Rob Rock - Rage of Creation $6.50 total
Dark Empire - Distant Tides $6.50 total

Seven Witches - Passage To The Other Side - $6.50

Pink Cream 69 - Electrified - $6.25

Mystic Prophecy - Vengeance - $6.52

Magdalan - Big Bang $4.50

Gamma Ray - Power Plant $6.75

I got these 6 together for $39.50 Total:

Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse
Iron Fire - Revenge
Red Wine - Cenizas
Steel Attack - Enslaved
Edguy - Mandrake
Gamma Ray - Majestic

At Vance - Only Human $4.50 total!

🇬🇹 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:04 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Here are some of the biggest steals I've gotten:

Sabbat - Dreamweaver $5

I still remember that, lord there was some sick puppies on the old board when that deal went through.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:06 pm

Yah, I NARROWLY beat UncleSaxon to it! Still one of the best deals I've ever gotten.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:10 pm

I've scored many a good CD deal in my day but I think my all time favorite metal score was on a couple of VHS tapes... I was in a record store and found still-sealed copies of the "Decline of Western Civilization II: The Metal Years" movie and Armored Saint's "Trip Through Red Times" videos for $2.98 each! Needless to say I snapped'em both up.

Last time I looked that "Decline" video goes for around $75 on eBay for an original copy... but I am NOT parting with mine!! ;D
Back to top Go down

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:22 pm

Yeah, way too many to list. In Kenmore Square in Boston there is a used shop called Nuggets. They have a big $2 section, and I've been going there for about 15 years now buying from that section.

I remember in the 90s, down in Little Rock, AR, I found Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited for $3.99 in a pawn shop. PERFECT condition! Recently I picked up Beseech's second cassette demo, Tears, for $5. Good deal.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:27 pm

loads and load but some that come to mind:

BRIAR- "Crown Of Thorns" $1.75
E-Z-O- s/t $1.75
BADLANDS- s/t $5
SLAVE RADIER- "Take The World By Storm" $1.75
TOXIK- "Think This" $1.75
HOLY SOLDIER- "Last Train" $3.99
JETBOY- "Feel The Shake" $3.99
SACRIFICE- "Soldiers Of Misfortune" $2
MESSIAH PROPHET- "Master Of The Metal" $1.75
CHYLD- "Conception" (traded for 2 cds)

and more than I can mention from my buddy Saxon...he is always hooking me up.

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 pm

recently I got all the following for .99 cents off of Ebay, with low shipping

Benediction - Transcend the Rubicon Digi for .99 cents.

Extreme - Extreme

At Deaths Door Vol II

..and Beck - Mellow Gold for .25 cents lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've scored many a good CD deal in my day but I think my all time favorite metal score was on a couple of VHS tapes... I was in a record store and found still-sealed copies of the "Decline of Western Civilization II: The Metal Years" movie and Armored Saint's "Trip Through Red Times" videos for $2.98 each! Needless to say I snapped'em both up.

Last time I looked that "Decline" video goes for around $75 on eBay for an original copy... but I am NOT parting with mine!! ;D

A bit off topic, but does anyone know if "Decline..." will ever see a dvd release? I have a crappy VHS copy that I made years ago.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:35 pm

Supposedly the director (Penelope Spheeris) is planning to release all three "Declines" on DVD in a box set but it hasn't happened yet. Probably being held up by all the music licensing rights.

Bootleg DVDs abound on eBay though, or if you have a DVD recorder, "The Metal Years" turns up on Independent Film Channel every once in a while.
Back to top Go down

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 5:39 pm

She is giving away part 3 on her website http://www.declinemovies.com/
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:40 am

I rarely remember what I spend on CD's, but one that comes to mind is Powermad - Absolute Power which I bought brand new for 10 Nkr (that's like 1.25$). If I knew how rare it was, I'd snag all of the copies they had. Sold the thing for 200 Nkr.

We only have one used CD store in my town, and I've sort of emptied out that place, so I rely on internet auctions for deals. A friend of mine also used to buy up collections, ans selling for profit. I made some really decent scores with him too.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:04 pm

I picked up Nightwish-Once and Iron Maiden-A Matter Of Life And Death for 5 bucks each yesterday.🤘

I once paid 25 cents for The Awful Truth and Heretic-Breaking Point on cassette in the cut out bin back in 1993. I wish I still had those two.

Picked up Galactic Cowboys-The Horse That Bud Bought last year at Cornerstone for 2 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Shiney wrote:
loads and load but some that come to mind:
TOXIK- "Think This" $1.75
and more than I can mention from my buddy Saxon...he is always hooking me up.

If you or anyone else knows where I can get either one of Toxik's albums on CD for a decent price, please let me know.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:57 pm

Just remembered another sweet pick-up I made at a used shop:

Hades - If At First You Don't Succeed (original Torrid / Medusa press) $2.95

Best deals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best deals?   Best deals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best deals?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next