Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do you get your CDs?

Go down 
+20
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
kmorg
EvyMetal
Mglaffas81
Skysplitter
Troublezone
exact33
stormspell
Wargod
nevermore
ensiferum2k
Fat Freddy
Vordul
krokus
tohostudios
Stender
fishingd
mc666
scottmitchell74
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Where do you get your CDs? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:43 pm

The original/reissue thread got me wondering.....

Where does everyone get their CDS? (I spent 2 minutes searching - I couldn't find this in past threads. I know it's there but I didn't know the magic words)

Mine:

Ebay - (wwpins, metalpinss, individuals)

Nuclearhell.com

SentinelSteel.com

Stormspell.com

Cdinzane.com

amazon.com

theendrecords.com

LaLa (trade)

CMR and HofM -trading/buying

Pawn Shops

occassionally - Radrockers, Blastbeats, Fullsweepdistro

I use NuclearHell.com and wwpins on Ebay a lot because I really don't mind getting Scarecrow or Irond label items. IN Fact, their packaging and bonus material often trumps USA releases or other imports. Nuclearhell.com and wwpins really allow you to get imports and hard to find items cheaply.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:48 pm

amazon, ebay, theend, record labels (relapse, century media, etc), a few local shops & cd stores, garage sales, basically wherever & however.

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Bands directly
CD Baby
CD Universe
Ebay
Hellion Records
Nuclear Blast
Stormspell (looking forward to the upcoming series I must say)

Buy from trade forums
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:16 pm

Pawn shops
Bands directly
CD Baby
CD Universe
Ebay
2nd hand stores
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:19 pm

Quote :

No kidding! And his update! Killing me to wait....
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:21 pm

Mostly Amazon, Blast beats, CD world, Girder music, and occasional Heart of metal trades.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:24 pm

Amazon zShops, The End, CDUniverse, CD Baby and if I'm really desperate, CD Inzane.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:33 pm

HBFR from germany
HELLION from germany
ARISE spain
ROCK SHOP spain
EXTREEM music spain
NUCLEAR HELL thanks to you SCOTTMITCHELL74
IRON PEGASUS germany
DEATHSTRIKE records germany
and record shops around.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:40 pm

ebay, gemm.com, distros, bands themselves, trading very happy

oh yeah and

UNCLE SAXON & sovdat deserve special mention listening to music
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Quote :

🤘 🤘 Love to help a Metal Brother out!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:54 pm

Wherever I can!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 5:20 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

🤘 🤘 Love to help a Metal Brother out!

Thankssssssssssss, HAIL TO YOU!!!!! 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 5:39 pm

FYE used section
Rasputin records used section
amazon.com and amazon.co.uk sellers
ebay

I haven't used gemm, musicstack, or netsoundmusic yet, but i will eventually.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Usually from the end,ebay, the bands themselves, various labels, cd stores, trading and pawn shops.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:13 pm

Hey Scottmitchell74,

Remember where you first heard about Nuclear Hell?

Cool

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Mine are usually from here:

The End, but if their mail order doesn't improve I will no more!
Lasers Edge
CDBaby
LALA
Cduniverse
Sentinel Steel
CD Inzane on rare occasions
CM
Essential Metal

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 6:38 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

No kidding! And his update! Killing me to wait....

I apologise for my tardiness updating the site! I'm getting HELD UNDER/DISCOVERY ready to go to manufacturing on monday, and THRASH CLASH Vol.1 hopefully by friday and my time on the distro is very limited at the moment. Many people dont realize, but I do have a daytime job to pay for my living, and Stormspell is like second job I do on evenings and weekends. I dont know how Sentinel Steel is managing it, but I gave up the idea of making living on the label/distro long time ago, unless I want to starve to death that is Laughing

Anyway, I'll do my best to update the distro asap as I do have tons of stuff waiting to be added, not to mention all used CDs I want to get rid of. As a token for my appreciation for your patience bearing with me, I'll extend the current "buy 6, take $2 OFF each CD" deal over the upcoming update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Quote :
Remember where you first heard about Nuclear Hell?

THAT WAS YOU??? Ha! I didn't remember! Well, in Krokus' fitting words "Hail you, metal brother!!"

Quote :
Many people dont realize, but I do have a
daytime job to pay for my living, and Stormspell is like second job I
do on evenings and weekends.

Although I didn't know, I wondered. In that case I forgive you. Twisted Evil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:20 pm

Quote :
THAT WAS YOU??? Ha! I didn't remember! Well, in Krokus' fitting words "Hail you, metal brother!!"

Yep! I posted at the EZBoard version of CMR as soon as my old college roommate turned me on to that site. Peeps got bent out of shape because the site is located in Russia and a storm of confusion about legality and legit releases ensued.

CDs from Nuclear Hell are all legit but they're manufactured in Russia and sometimes contain bonus tracks not available in the US.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 8:25 pm

Quote :
Peeps got bent out of shape because the site is
located in Russia and a storm of confusion about legality and legit
releases ensued.

CDs from Nuclear Hell are all legit but
they're manufactured in Russia and sometimes contain bonus tracks not
available in the US.

Yup! That's never been a problem for me. If NuclearHell somehow has the right to do it (no matter what's written on the CD) I'm game. I LOVE Irond for what they offer. Often their stuff is far superior to the US release and rarely inferior.

For some reason folks will say they're "Russian boots"....whatever.....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:36 pm

my sources for the majority of stuff:

The Lasers Edge

Ken is quicky becoming my fav place to buy. His prices are a little high on some things but he gets a lot of stuff no one else has or will have and his shipping is outstanding.

Sentinel Steel

I have bought from Denis for several years. He does a bang up job. his prices are really good and he accepts cds in trade and gives decent credit. The biggest hangup is he doesnt update often so he is lagging behind on newer stuff.

The End Records

The End used to be THE place but their prices have shot through the roof and since moving to NY their shipping has been horrible. I know exchange rates are not in their favor now but some cd prices are just silly... the only thing that keeps me from not ordering there anymore is that they have stuff when it comes out or close to it. They are competitive with the Lasers Edge on some stuff since LE charges shipping on top but the service is making me re-think buying from the end.

Century Media Distro

CM used to annoy the heck out of me. They took forever to fill an order and even longer to ship it. Since they re-did their website they have been much better. The downside is that they dont carry a lot of pm/prog which is what i listen to. If I was a death or black metal head they would be great.

Cdbaby

Thanks to eyesore I use this a lot more. got several good cds from there. I do find that although they ship fast it is rather expensive once you get up to 5 cds...

Heart of Metal
CMR

Less used:
Girder
Ebay
Stormspell
amazon.com
Opengrave
Pawn Shops
world trade Center
Ultimate Metal Trading
Bravewords Trading
Secondspin
NEH

Little used anymore:
Radrockers
Blastbeats

and ordered once from but never again:
Impulsemusic

Last edited by on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Peeps got bent out of shape because the site is
located in Russia and a storm of confusion about legality and legit
releases ensued.

CDs from Nuclear Hell are all legit but
they're manufactured in Russia and sometimes contain bonus tracks not
available in the US.

Yup! That's never been a problem for me. If NuclearHell somehow has the right to do it (no matter what's written on the CD) I'm game. I LOVE Irond for what they offer. Often their stuff is far superior to the US release and rarely inferior.

For some reason folks will say they're "Russian boots"....whatever.....

I dont argue with the quality but the russian versions are a lot harder to trade. If you buy them and dont trade they are good but if you ever want to a lot of people will not take them. I will say that for the new powerwolf and athlantis cds they were really the only versions out there.

Alex

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Usually Amazon these days but sometimes Best Buy and Wal-mart. I used to be a huge Tower records shopper but now thats not even an option unless it's online. I also go to a independent store called Bionic records sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:00 pm

I usually get my cds at Amazon, but I also go to local cd shops, as they can have a good deal once in a while. at this one shop I got to in Toledo Ohio, I found Judas Priests "Rocka Rolla" on vinyl, mint condition, for two bucks. You dont see that too often!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 11:02 pm

Quote :
If you buy them and dont trade they are good but if you ever want to a lot of people will not take them.

True...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your CDs?   Where do you get your CDs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you get your CDs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: