Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fear Factory

Go down 
+9
shamgar75
nevermore
DallasBlack
Rex
mc666
MetalRob331
rattpoison
GrandNational
Mglaffas81
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:28 am

I have read about this band a little, and I have recieved quite a few recommendations to check them out. From what I have read, they appear to be an Industrialized, Aggro-Groove metal band, not unlike Pantera, early Machine Head and later-day Sepultura.

- But I am still not quite sure...are they any good? What label would be most fitting? Where should I start?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:36 am

Depends on the album. I like Archetype.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:37 am

Putting them alongside Pantera, Machine Head and Sepultura is pretty spot on. But unlike their peers they have that industrial edge to them.

It's not really my thing but the album Demanufacture from '95 is generally considered their classic and one of the defining albums of metal in the 90's
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:39 am

rattpoison wrote:
Putting them alongside Pantera, Machine Head and Sepultura is pretty spot on. But unlike their peers they have that industrial edge to them.

It's not really my thing but the album Demanufacture from '95 is generally considered their classic and one of the defining albums of metal in the 90's

Cool. I think I will snag some cd's. Oh, just one last thing - How are the vocals? Typical, 90s aggressive yell?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:52 am

Here's a promo clip from the Demanufacture album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9DoqIKapb4
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:48 am

Cheers, mate
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:54 am

Demanufacture is a metal must have! That cd is killer. Digimortal imo is there best, the songwriting is far and beyond anything they did b4. PPL think they sold out on this cd but imo it was better then anything they did b4 or after it.

So FF is a good band i recommend starting with Demanufacture then trying Digimortal

my fav song from Demanufacture is this one

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 8:14 am

Demanufacture & Obsolete are pretty much the standard FF albums. albums like Digimortal through the last one are a touch more experimental but not far removed. Soul of a New Machine had a little more death metal vocally.

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:19 am

Demanufacture, Obsolete, and Soul of New Machine are the ones to check out.
Back to top Go down

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:13 pm

I saw them tour on "Soul Of A New Machine"...

OBITUARY/FEAR FACTORY/AFTERMATH
Wednesday, May 12, 1993
Snookers
Raleigh, NC

Excellent band, but I haven't listened to them in years.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:19 pm

My first intro to FF was Soul Of A New Machine which was very awesome, very unique death metal and I really liked it (I will have to re-caputre it sometime). Sometime after that I saw FF open for Iron Maiden and when I heard the Demaufacture stuff I was blown away. The concert was awesome and shortly after I got Demanufacture and despite the lack of any guitar solos (Dino doesn't do those and normally those are my favorite aspect of metal) it was one of my favorite for years and I will have to re-caputre that as well. Reamanufacture (one that I do have) was, IMO, a neat remix of the Demanufacture stuff (at the time I was into some techno stuff). I remember Obsolete being pretty good although it failed in comparison to Demaufacture. After that I lost sight of FF although I did see them at the first Gigantour.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:25 pm

Yeah, the early stuff is like industrial death metal. They lightened their sound vocally a bit for the later albums, but Burton's vocals always remained heavy. And his singing voice is outstanding.

Like someone said, some albums have some songs on it a bit more experimental, like the song "Back The Fxck Up," which had a bit too much urban flavor, I think. But in general, you can't go wrong with this band. Very solid group.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:14 pm

Demanufacture is my favorite Fear Factory cd. A great disc from start to finish. Their other albums are good but didn't quite have the impact with me that Demanufacture had.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And his singing voice is outstanding.

I agree, Burton's a gret singer and just as good live as in the studio. That was what caught my ear the first time I saw them live. As brutal as his growls were, that clean wail of his was just hypnotising (sic).
Back to top Go down

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I agree, Burton's a gret singer and just as good live as in the studio. That was what caught my ear the first time I saw them live. As brutal as his growls were, that clean wail of his was just hypnotising (sic).
Have you heard Ascension of the Watchers?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No, but I may have to check them out.
Back to top Go down

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
No, but I may have to check them out.
Very mellow stuff, but really cool. Burton's voice is really good on it.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 pm

First heard Zero Signal from the Mortal Kombat movie (yes I did see it) and thought it was awesome. I decided to get their albums, starting with Soul of a New Machine. It was stinking heavy, nice death metal vibe, but mixed in Burton's clean vocals, which sounded great.

Demanufacture is my favorite album of theirs - I can play it start to finish. The songs are just wonderful. The addition of industrial sounds was great.

Heard some of the Obsolete album - need to give that a full listen first.

Archetype is a good album, more in the vein of Demanufacture. It's got some killer tracks on their too.

If I had to rate the albums, it would go something like this:

1-Demanufacture
2-Archetype
3-Soul of a New Machine
4-Obsolete
5-Transmission
6-Concrete
7-Digimortal

Overall Fear Factory is a great metal band. They don't play music that's technical. They are pretty straight up, but they play it very well (especially Raymond Herrera's drumwork, it's sick). Give them a try. Just my opinion.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:39 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the VOX
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:26 am

George wrote:
I saw them tour on "Soul Of A New Machine"...

OBITUARY/FEAR FACTORY/AFTERMATH
Wednesday, May 12, 1993
Snookers
Raleigh, NC

Excellent band, but I haven't listened to them in years.

I saw them also in Minneapolis in 1993 on the same tour. I only have one album from them and I don't listen to it much anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:08 am

i've been jammin on Soul thru Archtype. all completely amazing albums. even most of Transgression was good, although it was disappointing as a whole. i wish these guys would tear into some new sh*t. they've proven that they don't need Dino.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:11 am

Demanufacture is a metal must have! That cd is killer. Digimortal imo is there best, the songwriting is far and beyond anything they did b4. PPL think they sold out on this cd but imo it was better then anything they did b4 or after it.

So FF is a good band i recommend starting with Demanufacture then trying Digimortal (quote)

I have to agree with Metal Rob these are great albums from Fear Factory, unfortunetly I have not heard any of post Dino material, also Burton sang on Geezer Butler's solo project G/Z/R "Plastic Planet' which is very cool,
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 4:52 am

I just ordered a copy of Transgression. It reminds me of the first Klank album. I even like the slow experimental songs.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 4:41 am

manny wrote:
Digimortal imo is there best, the songwriting is far and beyond anything they did b4. PPL think they sold out on this cd but imo it was better then anything they did b4 or after it.
i wouldn't go that far, but Digi was a great album. the only reason it gets the silly "sell out" remarks is because of the rap-metal track "Back the F*ck Up". aside from that, it's typical FF!

i've grown to love Transgression, & Mechanize is a colder version of their early material, like Demanufacture & Obsolete.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:25 pm

manny wrote:

So FF is a good band i recommend starting with Demanufacture then trying Digimortal (quote)

I have to agree with Metal Rob these are great albums from Fear Factory, unfortunetly I have not heard any of post Dino material, also Burton sang on Geezer Butler's solo project G/Z/R "Plastic Planet' which is very cool,

Digi is an amazing album and IMO is there best to date. I think Demanufacture is a must have and Obsolete is pretty good as well. But like you said Manny the songwriting on Digi slays all the other albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fear Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory   Fear Factory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fear Factory
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next