Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saint fans.

Go down 
+13
TrogDawn
exact33
thejokeriv
sam
ultmetal
krokus
nevermore
kmorg
Thrasher73
mr.electric39
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Saint fans. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:54 am

I think this is a great Saint record. Nothing flashy, just a solid listen. It's not as good as The Mark in my opinion, but I think it is better than In The Battle.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:51 am

Have to agree with Alex here. This was actually rather dissapointing, mostly due to the vocals. Josh just don't sound right here. I think he has lost much of the power, and he is using varoius effects, and he is also mixed further back, to make up for it. He also uses this stacatto style at time, so that he doesn't have to try and hold the tones. Also the production is rather muffled.
The songs are good though, and there are plenty of classic Saint tune to be heard.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:59 am

spectrefate wrote:
I think this is a great Saint record. Nothing flashy, just a solid listen. It's not as good as The Mark in my opinion, but I think it is better than In The Battle.

I thought In the Battle was actually better than The Mark. I actually think In the Battle is one of their best, especially the title cut. 🤘

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 3:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I thought In the Battle was actually better than The Mark. I actually think In the Battle is one of their best, especially the title cut. 🤘

I have to agree that In the Battle is one of, if not the best, Saint recording. I think they should have stuck to that formula and made more like em..

Alex

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:41 pm

What's so good about In The Battle?

I've just picked up Crime Scene Earth and The Mark so I'm working backwards.....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:08 am

exact33 wrote:
It might be heresy but upon first listen the new Saint is just ok. It never grabbed me like In The Battle did mainly due to I think it is a little too slow. Saint for me has always meant fast paced metal and this is a little too slow. I am going to give it some more spins but my first impression is not as good as i had hoped for. The Priest cover rocks though!!

Alex

Not heresy at all. I was a bit surprised as well. I loved the last two, especially In the Battle. I received my copy last night. Listened to most of it. Doesn't sound like Josh Kramer is singing all the songs. Sounds like Saint were purposely trying for a heavier sound this time around. The vocals seem a bit buried, but otherwise, I liked what I heard. I didn't think it was "to slow" though. Just might take a few more listens.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:50 am

I think Ripper Owens would be a perfect fit in Saint!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Looks like I called it correctly.

Mr. Lynch wrote:
OK you guys busted me. On the CD credits you'll notice that I am not doing just background vocals and most of you may have noticed that Josh sang on 3 songs. Don't confuse this with Josh leaving or quitting the band. he hasn't. We're just going for a heavier sound.

Rich

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:50 pm

I was a bit disappointed with this release,too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:48 pm

The Priest cover is pretty cool. An obscure, but good choice in covers.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 7:48 am

ultmetal wrote:

Perhaps "Saints in Hell" would've been a better choice, hey, better by you better than me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 7:59 am

I actually thought the cover was one of the weakest songs on the album. I guess I just get a different vibe from this album than most people. I really like it, even with Mr. Lynch doing most of the vocals.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 am

candlemass wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Perhaps "Saints in Hell" would've been a better choice, hey, better by you better than me!

Fates Warning did an SUPERB cover of "Saints in Hell". I almost like it as much as the original.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 am

Where can you find that cover?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:45 am

Right here is the Fates Warning cover.....

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:52 am

Fates Warning - Saints In Hell (audio only)
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUTg9sBXd6I
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:26 am

candlemass wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUTg9sBXd6I

The 80's ruled! 🤘

In the Night is one of my favorite Saint songs.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:10 pm

Quote :

I've just picked up Crime Scene Earth and The Mark so I'm working backwards

Bump for curiosity.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 11:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

I've just picked up Crime Scene Earth and The Mark so I'm working backwards

Bump for curiosity.

I still come back to In The Battle in my cd rotation. I havent played CSE much at all. I think ITB is quintessential Saint - catchy songs, great vocals and lots of energy. The songs are almost all uptempo and the vocals are some of the best the band has done. The production is so-so. It has that 80s Saint metal feel to it like the band had never been away. The last 2 cds imho were a lot more modern sounding and the songs much more drawn out.

Alex

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:02 am

Quote :
The songs are almost all uptempo

Good to know. Thanks Bro!!
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:57 am

I never bought Crime Scene Earth because the samples, to me, sounded horrible. I am not a fan of The Mark. I loved their 80's stuff, and I also really like In The Battle. After that? Not so much.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:58 pm

I've liked each of the latest three for various reasons. I think the newest one is a very solid record and like it a lot. Many people are disillusioned simply by the fact that Josh doesn't do the majority of the vocals. That being said, I have heard many people complain in one breath, and then turn around and say they will never buy it, which means they likely have not HEARD all of it.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:10 am

At first I was a little disappointed but it has really grown on me. Not as good as ITB but still a very good straight ahead metal album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 2:01 am

I never could get over their image. I tried to like them, I really did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saint fans.   Saint fans. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saint fans.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next