Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darrell Mansfield anyone?

Go down 
+3
stepcousin
thejokeriv
mr.electric39
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Darrell Mansfield anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Darrell Mansfield anyone? Images4oh9
By mrelectric40

Does anyone else still follow Darrell Mansfield at all? Everyone I knew bought his 'Revelation' album in 1985. Great bluesy/hard rock/metal edge.... Heck Paul Gilbert plays lead on 2 songs...

I've got a bunch of his stuff... "The Vision", "Get Ready" (originally released on polydor in 1980!), "The Lords House", "blues with feeling", "Trimed and Burning" and severral live records...

I know he struggled with bouts of depression and mental illness which he has made public in the desire it may help someone...

you can read the article here if your interested... http://www.darrellmansfield.net/index.php?page=efan

Frankly reading this makes me sad, because these guys aren't rich... Larry Norman is another... He had to do a few fund raising concerts to be able to have some medical procedures he needed...

Any how some great Blues Rock....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 pm

I used to have that on vinyl, not a bad album
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:42 am

One would be hard pressed to find someone with all of his albums, I think he has like 28 or 30 or so. I have about 15, I'm a big fan of his music and his ministry. Revelation is kind of a anomoly; it isnt really like most of his other albums at all. I think he was trying to find a niche in the hard rock/heavy metal world at the time. But most of his albums are traditional bluesy and even somewhat mellow here and there.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:11 am

Never Heard of him, but that album cover looks very interesting
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 am

I've seen him live several times. Great performer.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:14 pm

stepcousin wrote:
One would be hard pressed to find someone with all of his albums, I think he has like 28 or 30 or so. I have about 15, I'm a big fan of his music and his ministry. Revelation is kind of a anomoly; it isnt really like most of his other albums at all. I think he was trying to find a niche in the hard rock/heavy metal world at the time. But most of his albums are traditional bluesy and even somewhat mellow here and there.

I agree 'Revelation' is somewhat of an anomaly, if I remember correctly Eric Turner and the bass player (name escapes me...) sorta talked him into a more "metal" record.. I think I've got about 8-10 of his releases...

When he plays I remember he'd preached for 10 minutes and then a song... That would get a little old, (for me anyway...)
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Yeah! Darrel Mansfield is rad, my parents used to go to his concerts all the time, I think I have one of his albums on cassette somewhere.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:09 pm

The traditional blues projects he did with Glen Kaiser of REZ Band are really kewl if that is your cup of tea ? They are called "Slow Burn" and "Trimmed and Burnin" There is a double cd package available with both. The live at Flevo is pretty good...has a variety of music, really shows what he puts on the table. I was in a music ministry in So. Calif in 87' and we played at this church with him. He gave me a t-shirt that I still have....it is a AC/DC logo that says JC/DC
"Jesus Christ / Divine Current" underneath it and "Darell Mansfield Band" on the back
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:00 pm

I haved 'Trimmed and Burnin' and 'Live at Flevo'... both are pretty good...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:54 pm

I was hanging out with Jeff Nicholson last sunday, the guy that played bass on Revelations which reminded me of the Darrel mansfield band. I really need to track down that first album...I forgot how cool it was!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:27 pm

Paul Gilbert plays on Revelation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darrell Mansfield anyone?   Darrell Mansfield anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darrell Mansfield anyone?
Page 1 of 1