Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...

Go down 
+12
James B.
Troublezone
manny
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Alex Dee Rokket
Zdan
Leatherface
Stender
Gilbert
chewie
Required Fields
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Empty
PostSubject: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell.

Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Dimebag_darrell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Yep...he sure was.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Wow! Six years already... doesn't seem that long ago. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:01 am

R.I.P

You'll live through your riffs
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:19 am

Gilbert wrote:
R.I.P

Or Exhorders riffs...
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:06 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:36 am

I still think Pantera should release the "Glam" albums and their unsung masterpiece - "Power Metal" - great Judas-like playing on those. R.I.P. Dime!
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:39 am

RIP Dime - sorely missed

and I agree - Vinnie should release at least Power Metal
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:37 am

Still miss the big lug. He was a unique individual who truely loved the music he was creating.

Love 'em or hate 'em, he certainly didn't deserve to be gunned down like that.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Dead and gone
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 2:40 pm

I am a fan of Pantera and I was saddened when I not heard of his death but in the manner that he died. Senseless.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Stender wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
R.I.P

Or Exhorders riffs...

The only similarity between Pantera and Exhorder was Phil's vocals.

The Exhorder dudes were heavy but couldn't play worth a dime. (Pun intended)

R.I.P. Dime
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:19 pm

manny wrote:
I am a fan of Pantera and I was saddened when I not heard of his death but in the manner that he died. Senseless.

I hear ya.

But i don't get some people... just because they don't care for his music they are glad he is dead.

That's senseless.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Stender wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
R.I.P

Or Exhorders riffs...

R.I.P. Dime

I disagree actually, I think exhorder was nailing that groovy sound aside from the similar vocals. Whatever, I think dime was incredibly overated but all the same, RIP.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:40 pm

Stender wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Stender wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
R.I.P

Or Exhorders riffs...

R.I.P. Dime

I disagree actually, I think exhorder was nailing that groovy sound aside from the similar vocals. Whatever, I think dime was incredibly overated but all the same, RIP.

Yeah the groove... but i was referring to the lead playing. But even the groove was more refined with Pantera imo.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Another thing about Exhorder...

I didn't consider "Slaughter in the Vatican" groovy. It was more like a thrash version of Malevolent Creation. "The Law" on the other hand was extremely groove oriented but that came out in 1992 right?

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Dude was a killer player while still in high school. There were alot of great bands in the D/FW metroplex area in the early and mid 80's. I had fun playing the clubs there. Played quite a few gigs with Pantera at Savvy's , Rascal's, and The Bronco Bowl among others.

tragic way to go RIP

Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:31 am

Required Fields wrote:
R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell.

Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Dimebag_darrell

RIP Dimebag I remember this day 6 years ago and I cried. What a tragedy! Luckly I had the privledge of seeing Pantera live back in 2001 with COC, One of the best concerts still to this day.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:55 am

Pantera were in Little Rock about 10 years ago (I think it was part of some metal festival, but I can't remember). Either before or after their show, they were in one of the local clubs as patrons, and they were pretty crocked. The local band that was playing on the stage sucked beyond belief, and all the guys from Pantera went up on stage, talked the local band into letting them play instead. And so, they took the local band's instruments and just started jamming on stage.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:37 pm

RIP. has it really been six years. wow
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I am not the biggest PANTERA fan, but the man had a "signature" sound...which is pretty hard to pull of....I mean think about who has a definitive sig sound that the moment you hear the guitar you know WHO it is? Slash? Eddie Van Halen? DD had one of those and that is a cool thing.

PostSubject: Re: Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...   Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Six years ago today, Dimebag Darrell was murdered...
Page 1 of 1