Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Posers?

Go down 
+16
Stender
rattpoison
ultmetal
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
7thSecond
Wargod
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Smindas
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
Vordul
mc666
spiritoradio
White_Mage
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:03 pm

I have mixed feelings about so called "Posers"

I hate it when people try and be metal cause they think it's "trendy" or "cool" and wear Motorhead gear but really listen to Popular Crap

But I've never understood why 12-13 yr old kids who are just getting there first Metallica & Slayer records are called posers. I mean there hearts are in the right place we should guide them into the world of metal not shun them from it

What Do You Think?
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:17 pm

Everyone has to start somewhere. Plus I thought that one thing that brought metalheads together was the fact that they were shunned by regular society, so if you shun a kid for listening to Metallica or Slayer or whatever, than aren't you being just as bad as the "Normies"? I don't know though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:20 pm

I think I could care less what anyone does. That is thier biz. Some times I get the Holier than thou thing goin' when I am at, say Agnostic Front, and these kids are doing the "karate everything around you" - so I get in there and show them how to "properly" skank it up. But I got 20 years on these kids, and I guess that is thier generations dance. Still kinda pisses me off though, that metal/punk is suppose to be unifying and they want to put as much distance between themselves and others around them. It seems SOOOO obviously divisive, selfish, and UN-unifying. But they have grown up in the "ME" generation, so I guess that may have something to do with it.
Back to top Go down

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:22 pm

Well, some people just enjoy being assholes because they're old and
think that they're special *shrugs*. BUT, it's best to avoid these
folks and just enjoy the music YOU listen too and not give a hoot.
Back to top Go down

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:36 am

People who call someone a poser are generally the posers. Anyone who suggests someone has to do a certain thing or listen to a certain band are suggesting someone become exactly what a poser supposedly is.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 am

meh, i don't care what other people listen to, or claim to listen to. i hardly pay anyone any attention at all. that would mean acknowledging their existence.

Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:26 am

I know a few but i won't mention any names...........

cough...........splutter................KONG INFERNAL.................cough

:kickbutt: ................................................................................. :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:33 am

If you wear an AC/DC or Metallica shirt without owning a SINGLE CD, then you ARE a poser. angry

But hey, I think it's great that my school (the old school) is cool again. Just listen to the music without making it a "fashion statement" is all I ask.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:26 am

My friend Joey always goes off on people about how they're such fags or how they probably don't even listen to good music. By now, I've learned to not listen to him. And, I just don't give a damn about other people sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
People who call someone a poser are generally the posers. Anyone who suggests someone has to do a certain thing or listen to a certain band are suggesting someone become exactly what a poser supposedly is.

Word, Eyesore. More people need to learn to acknowledge that people will like different things, even if their tastes are "poser" or "hypocritical". Who cares? Just listen to you what you want.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 8:55 am

I've been called and treated as a poser by so called "metal heads" for years and have learned not to give a crap. I have been guilty of calling others posers but not out loud to them, mainly because I remember when I first became a metal fan I hated it when people called me one so I don't call them it. That and the fact that even if they are posers, it's none of my business.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:02 am

Back in eighth grade, "poser" was about the WORST insult you could throw at me. I'd kick your ass.

Nowadays I rarely hear it (possibly due to my advanced age and lack of fellow metalheads in my social circle), but even if I did, I wouldn't let it bother me. As Eyesore said, usually the ones calling people "posers" are the true posers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Who cares, if you like it! Wear it, listen to it!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Kids have to have room to discover things...so they listen to Breaking Benjamin & Skillet...who cares...if they also listen to Iced Earth & Slayer they're at least headed in the right direction.

Cool
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:24 pm

That's why the good old days were so much more fun. Most of the posers were automatically known by there lack of hair. You can put on a different t-shirt, from Metallica to Britney Spears every morning, but you can't grow your hair or love of metal overnight. I admit I'm not real fond of this day in age of so many short haired metalheads. But hey as long as you love the music then all's cool. As you can see from my avatar I never caved in to the short haired look myself though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
If you wear an AC/DC or Metallica shirt without owning a SINGLE CD, then you ARE a poser. angry

But hey, I think it's great that my school (the old school) is cool again. Just listen to the music without making it a "fashion statement" is all I ask.

I'll admit that it does rub me the wrong way when I see celebrities wearing "vintage" concert/band shirts when you know damn well they don't listen to that music. When Ashton Kutcher is wearing his pre-faded Iron Maiden t-shirt to be kitschy or fashionable, it bugs me. Well, pretty much anything that hammer does bugs me, but especially when he's wearing concert shirts.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:05 pm

White_Mage wrote:
I have mixed feelings about so called "Posers"

I hate it when people try and be metal cause they think it's "trendy" or "cool" and wear Motorhead gear but really listen to Popular Crap

But I've never understood why 12-13 yr old kids who are just getting there first Metallica & Slayer records are called posers. I mean there hearts are in the right place we should guide them into the world of metal not shun them from it

What Do You Think?

i was called a poser when i got into metal becuase i knew a lot of metal fans at college who thought i was trying to look cool when i was getting my first metallica and slayer albums. of course they all left after a year and we were effectively big players on the college scene after that

but i have been a poser
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'll admit that it does rub me the wrong way when I see celebrities wearing "vintage" concert/band shirts when you know damn well they don't listen to that music.

A while back I was in a Sears store and I saw a girl walking by with a vintage AC/DC shirt on from the 1988 tour. I sez "Great shirt! I was at that show!" She smirked and sez "I wasn't even BORN yet!"

affraid

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'll admit that it does rub me the wrong way when I see celebrities wearing "vintage" concert/band shirts when you know damn well they don't listen to that music.

A while back I was in a Sears store and I saw a girl walking by with a vintage AC/DC shirt on from the 1988 tour. I sez "Great shirt! I was at that show!" She smirked and sez "I wasn't even BORN yet!"

affraid

lots of people in the uk are wearing led zep shirts at the moment. today i saw FIVE people with the vintage 77 shirt on
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:37 pm

Yes, but that's because Led Zep have just had a big revival in the UK with Mothership and their reunion gig.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:50 pm

yeah but i have heard in the paper that loads of has been celebrities have been wearing them to look cool and trendy according to the sun
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 pm

Gooch... why are you reading The Sun?

nOOb master
TheGooch

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm

at work we have paprers in the canteen and its something to do on a break and to get football scores

shocking result for liverpool at west ham the other day just shocking
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm a poser
He's a poser
Wouldn't you like to be a poser too? 🤘

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 4:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'm a poser
He's a poser
Wouldn't you like to be a poser too? 🤘

"WE'RE ALL POSERS!
We're on the island of misfit posers, heeeere we don't want to staaaaaaayyy..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Posers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posers?   Posers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Posers?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next