Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Empty
PostSubject: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:59 pm

FAUST
Anyone heard of this underground thrash band from Trenton, NJ? I have demo titled Simulated Reality. Great stuff. Vocals sort of remind me of Believer a bit. Bassist Scott Hornick was one of my neighbors. He went on to play for Ripping Corpse, Alas, and Dim Mak.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:01 pm

I've heard of Ripping Corpse and Dim Mak, never heard of Faust though. How old is the demo?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:03 pm

The band was formed in 1988 or '89. The demo came out in 1990.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The band was formed in 1988 or '89. The demo came out in 1990.

I'll have to ask my brother if he remembers'em... he was way more into the demo collecting/tape trading scene in those days than I was. He's a huge Ripping Corpse fan so it wouldn't surprise me if he's familiar with Faust as well.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Just looked at the address on the demo and it's

8 Kenwood Terrace, Trenton, NJ 08610

I use to live at 28 Kenwood Terrace.

However, it was recorded in 1990. I was living in Rochester, NY at the time. My family still lived at the old Kenwood address though.

Scott Hornick (bassist) is an old friend of my brothers. They went to school together and use to hang out.

The bands on the thank you list:

Creamatory
Endagered Species
Lethal Lipstick

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 11:36 pm

vocals like believer, sounds interesting, do you know if they put out any more material besides the demo or if they ever signed to a label?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:18 am

Stender wrote:
vocals like believer, sounds interesting, do you know if they put out any more material besides the demo or if they ever signed to a label?

Not that I am aware of. I think that demo might have been as much as they had recorded.

PostSubject: Re: New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST   New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jersey Thrash Metal - FAUST
Page 1 of 1