Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Chemical Romance

Go down 
+12
ThrashedOutCobra33
tohostudios
DeathCult
White_Mage
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
Thrasher73
Shiney
rattpoison
MetalRob331
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:13 am

Love The Black Parade and I can't stand it when they are dubbed as an emo band! I always get weird looks when I mention just how great this album is. Just seems that people judge the looks of a band before the music.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:25 pm

The Black Parade is one sick cd, and i think fans of Pink Floyd, The Who, and even Queen would really enjoy the disc. One of my favorite cds to come out in a long time.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:24 pm

They suck, right up there with slipknot for me My Chemical Romance - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm

DeathCult wrote:
They suck, right up there with slipknot for me My Chemical Romance - Page 2 288219

Have you heard Black Parade? It is very "Queen-like" and is definitely NOT emo at all.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Seriously DC give them a chance.....I can make you a mix of their stuff if you want to check 'em out....Pm me and let me know....

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:41 pm

I think this bad gets a bad name for there older material. The Black Parade sounds nothing like there older material. This has such a classic rock feel to it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:53 pm

I agree...but as I started with "Black parade" and then went backwards in obtaining their catalog...I realized alot of those elements are prevalent in ALL their material...the punkish shout/sing along choruses....the reckless guitar....the bombastic posturing....it just all gelled perfectly in that glam/pomp masterpiece of THE BLACK PARADE....but they were flirting with it all along...

Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:32 pm

You guys have disapointed me I personally hate this band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:48 pm

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
You guys have disapointed me I personally hate this band.

You're entitled to your opinion but some reasons would lend more credence to it. So, why do you hate this band?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 11:35 pm

As i've stated before, the Black Parade is one fantastic epic rock n' roll album. A modern classic if you will.

I'm a sucker for classic 70's rock so when i hear the likes of Queen, David Bowie, T. Rex etc. in the music and done in a great comtemporary creative way it just really wasn't going to pass me by.

They seem to be getting alot of stick in the UK tabloids recently. The Daily Mail flung copius headlines at them calling them a "Suicide Cult Band" after the tragic suicide of a 13 year old girl who was a fan of the band, as with many suicides no obvious cause was the factor for this so naturally something had to be blamed so why not the girls favourite band.

You would have thought after all these years of similar allegations levelled at Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Marilyn Manson etc. that the media would have wised up that rock n' roll saves and doesn't kill. Although they probably know, but their mercenaries so nothing sells (non) news more then sensationalism, fear mongering and blame.

The more things change the more they stay the same or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:25 am

I hate this band because for me they sound very mediocre. The vocals for me are just foul. The guitar playing sounds like they are strangling cats, which by the way would sound better. And they are just all round by far one of the worst bands ive ever heard among fallout boy and panic at the disco. So thats my opinion you dont have to share it but there ya go.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:35 am

ThrashedOutCobra33 wrote:
I hate this band because for me they sound very mediocre. The vocals for me are just foul. The guitar playing sounds like they are strangling cats, which by the way would sound better. And they are just all round by far one of the worst bands ive ever heard among fallout boy and panic at the disco. So thats my opinion you dont have to share it but there ya go.

I respect that opinion, but it seems like you fall in with the it's cool to bash and hate MCR crowd. When you mention Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco as other bands you hate, i realize maybe you haven't heard The Black Parade because not one single song on that album sounds anything like what those bands are doing.

genius imo..
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:00 pm

horrbile imo
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:05 pm

So whats bad about it? Do you like classic rock? Bands like Queen, Pink Floyd, and The Who?
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:24 pm

I love classic rock bands like Queen , Pink Floyd, and The Who
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 5:28 pm

Personally I think they are just plain awful. Im sure there are bands I listen to that you think are awful and thats fine I like what I like and dislike what I dislike.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Thats what's odd to me, the black parade has hints of all those bands. I respect your opinion but an album so good should be noticed.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 9:58 pm

Ive heard a few songs off the black parade and they just didnt do anything for me. I dont know what else to say on this subject
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Im the same way with certain bands ill have friends that say omg how cant you like it? I just said its not my cup of tea i guess. Like you said earlier you like what you like and dislike what you dislike
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 pm

exactly
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Man this cd is brilliant, for those who dont have this yet i think you are really missing out
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:28 pm

ANyone hear there new song? Its a Bob Dylan cover and I like it..

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:37 pm

I like My Chemical Romance but they need to stay away from doing Bob Dylan songs they are not worthy.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 1:44 pm

They have some decent enough songs, but overall I don't much care for them.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 2:00 pm

manny wrote:
I like My Chemical Romance but they need to stay away from doing Bob Dylan songs they are not worthy.

You don't think they spiced the song up? Dylan is a great writer but lacked any sort of energy in his music. I like the MCR version a lot and hope they stay this classic rock sounding course they are on. The song has a Meat Loaf vibe to it, well IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Chemical Romance
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next