Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?

Go down 
+7
EvyMetal
mc666
Troublezone
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Empty
PostSubject: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:05 am

Just saw this on Blabbermouth and thought it was a little odd...

JUDAS PRIEST Singer 'Would Love To' Make A Black Metal Album - Jan. 21, 2008

JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford recently spoke to UK's Metal Hammer magazine about his aspirations to one day make a "black metal" record. "Oh, yeah, some day I'd love to, but it's all about finding the time," he said. "I'm metal 24-7. Ihsahn [guitarist/vocalist of Norwegian black metal legends EMPEROR] has been a good friend of mine for many, many years and we've had conversations about trying to do something together. A few of the DIMMU BORGIR guys are also urging me to try. So if I did give it a go, it would be with guys of that calbre. I'll be honest, I love that music but I've no idea what venturing into that territory might sound like. Ihsahn's attitude is, 'So why not have a go?' And he's absolutely right.
That's what life's all about. What's the point of staying in your safe little comfort zone?"

Someone might wanna remind Rob that the last time he ventured out of his "safe little comfort zone," the result was Two's VOYEURS album sick

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"safe little comfort zone," the result was Two's VOYEURS album sick

AMEN!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:47 am

I don't know...could be cool...some of Ihsahn's vocals (the layered, high, clean screams) are sort of Halford-esque...I'd love to hear Rob blended into the later Emporer landscape....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:50 am

There is precedent for this I guess... the tail end of Halford's song "Crucible" has some of that symphonic BM feel to it ... and if you look in the booklet to his LIVE INSURRECTION disc there's a picture of him and his band wearing face paint... apparently they played a show like that on Halloween as a gag...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:53 am

Sleep
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:07 pm

I'm not exactly sure what "black metal" is, and while I'm sure Rob could sing it, I agree with Freddy. Stick with what you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Two wasn't a bad project. I kind of like that album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:35 pm

He's been talking about this for a few years now. I doubt it will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:07 pm

I don't think it will sound right.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:50 pm

i liked the two album. i also admire the fact that he likes many styles of metal & rock. if he wishes to have a try at black metal, i say go for it. just don't leave Priest.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:28 pm

I'm sure if he does make a black metal album most people would buy it solely on the fact that it has Rob Halford in it.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:44 pm

i'd give anything halford sings on a try
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:19 am

go for it!!! hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:47 am

EvyMetal wrote:
I'm sure if he does make a black metal album most people would buy it solely on the fact that it has Rob Halford in it.

You could include me in that group. I'm not a fan of black metal (I'm not even sure what it is exactly), but if Halford is singing it, I'd give it a shot. I like Fight. Didn't care for Two it and traded it off. I tried it, but the industrial stuff ain't my bag.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:02 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
i'd give anything halford sings on a try

Same here. I love black metal and I love Dimmiu, Preist & Emperor

who knows maybe it'll be awesome
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:24 pm

I hate black metal, no matter who's doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:56 am

cant wait to see his corpse paint 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:00 am

Quote :
I'm not exactly sure what "black metal" is

You're not the only one.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:35 am

Black_Mage wrote:
cant wait to see his corpse paint 🤘

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?   Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Halford wants to go Black Metal?
Page 1 of 1