Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Empty
PostSubject: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:03 pm

This got me out of my seat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKcyox7mRrc&feature=related
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:11 pm

Yeah, saw that on Friday Night Fights. That was sweet! Haha. And that guy was a dick on the Contender, so I was pleased. Pretty crazy knockout, though. I love when Teddy Atlas goes nuts! Haha. Too bad he wasn't near the mike when this happened.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Atlas is the man, i love boxing but i cant get enough of MMA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-K6dvTmqZs

That's another great knockout from a few years ago. Codrington got his neck broken! Yikes! Haha. First time I've ever seen that happen in a boxing match.

Of course, the worthless thugs in the ring didn't help him either.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:26 pm

now if all boxing was like that. i'd be a true fan for life..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:35 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
now if all boxing was like that. i'd be a true fan for life..
The sweet science isn't always pretty.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:56 pm

yes i know, those dragged out fights where a boxer wins the first few rds then decides to run the next 5 cuz he is up by points really urks me sometimes..
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Shocked Shocked WOW!!! It looked like he killed him!! And then those idiots were flopping him around like a doll. Wow, that dude's lucky to be alive. That was so flush!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Yes...I like to see them fight....not run or hug all night!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Do u consider this a sucker bunch?

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 pm

LOVE BOXING, been a fan since I was around 12 or so. We watch Fight night allot on ESPN. I have not ever and refuse to pay for pay-per-view fights and or movie channel fights. Its what killed the sport over the last 25 years, IMO. Only sport that has its biggest "stage"/championships (belt fights) not available to the general public...STUPID. Anyway.....those are all some SICK knock outs you guys have there!

My sons actually wrote a short email to Teddy Atlas last year (to his foundation) and Teddy hand wrote and mailed us a real nice response....great GREAT guy........."BANG"!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:52 pm

That's beautiful. I love how he can't even find his stool after the round.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:00 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

the real question is...why isn't the ref doing anything?! The boxer see's him still up....so he's gonna try and finish him. It's the ref's job to stop him.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:10 pm

I agree the Ref def didnt do his job there, that was one massive blow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:12 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Shocked Shocked WOW!!! It looked like he killed him!! And then those idiots were flopping him around like a doll. Wow, that dude's lucky to be alive. That was so flush!!
Yep. Green is a good fighter. Lots of skill, very intelligent. Codrington was just a trash talker and got schooled. But yeah, the antics from his "entourage" were disgraceful. Boxers should never be allowed to bring a ton of their neighborhood thugs into the ring with them. Never! But hey, try and enforce that and see from how many angles to word racism is thrown from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 7:14 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

Not a sucker punch, but the guy should have been DQ'd. The rope was holding the other dude up, thus by the rules he's technically down. You don't punch someone when they're down. And if you have enough time to sit and watch a guy dangle on the ropes before throwing a punch, you know damn well you shouldn't need to throw the punch. That's how you kill someone.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

Not a sucker punch, but the guy should have been DQ'd. The rope was holding the other dude up, thus by the rules he's technically down. You don't punch someone when they're down. And if you have enough time to sit and watch a guy dangle on the ropes before throwing a punch, you know damn well you shouldn't need to throw the punch. That's how you kill someone.
hmmm, good point. When you put it that way!! But see, now your asking a boxer, to you use....dare I say it....his brain/judgement?!!?! OH YOU ARE AN OPTIMIST EYESORE?!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Well, that wasn't a reactionary punch. Boxers hit people while they're down, but it's usually in the heat of the moment. This dude above stopped, stared, waited, then pounced. I wouldn't have complained if he got DQ'd.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Yep. Green is a good fighter. Lots of skill, very intelligent. Codrington was just a trash talker and got schooled. But yeah, the antics from his "entourage" were disgraceful. Boxers should never be allowed to bring a ton of their neighborhood thugs into the ring with them. Never! But hey, try and enforce that and see from how many angles to word racism is thrown from.

Doesn't Codrington still call himself "The Chin Checker?". Check your own chin Jadon.
The best for me was Zab Judah's drunken dance around the ring and then trying to strangle the ref when he came to his senses after Tzsu clocked him. Classy guy that Judah.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:40 am

Another guy I thought was dead was Jeremy Williams against Samuel Peter. Boom!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:11 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Doesn't Codrington still call himself "The Chin Checker?". Check your own chin Jadon. The best for me was Zab Judah's drunken dance around the ring and then trying to strangle the ref when he came to his senses after Tzsu clocked him. Classy guy that Judah.
Codrington was on the last season of The Contender. He seems like a nice enough kid, but he simply stepped into a pile of Green doodoo way too early.

And Judah is trash. I hate him. A worthless fighter. All wasted skill. His KO from Tyzsu was hilarious. They dubbed it the Cacarena on the boxing forum I post at. Haha. We still use that term all the time. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:36 pm

This is one KO i'll never forgot, talk about 1 punch maybe saving ur career...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....   Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Boxing Fans? This recent knockout is sure to please....
Page 1 of 1