Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blues Traveler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Any fans? Like most people, I first heard them when "Run Around" became a big hit. Back when the mainstream media got a semi over jam band-type music like Rusted Root and Dave Matthews Band. Anyway, I owned the first four Blues Traveler albums back then and I really liked them, but they were sold off during my dorm room downgrade in the mid-nineties.

Lately, I've been picking up some of the more obscure bands that played that bluesy, "jam band," kind of rock music, like The Hatters (two CDs on the way). So I figured I'd check SwapaCD for some Blues Traveler. Seems like the fairweather fans abandoned them big time (not shocking)! Haha. I have requested the following:

Blues Traveler
Bridge
Canadian Rose (CD Single)
Four
Live From The Fall (2CD)
Run Around (CD Single)
Save His Soul
Straight On Till Morning
Travelers And Thieves
Truth Be Told
Zygote (John Popper solo)

God! Haha. That's nearly the entire Blues Traveler discography in one fell swoop! I hope I like their later albums. Haha.

Anyone else dig this band? The first four albums were great.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:47 am

Friends took me to see them play a show at a small college gym in '91. I think I may have heard "But Anyway" before that. It was a good show that I was surprised I liked. The amazing thing was Popper's 40 minute rockin' harmonica solo. How he could go like that for so long. It was truly incredible. The other thing about that show was a great southern style rock band that opened. To this day I've never been able to find out who they were.

Don't know if they exactly fit this genre but I've always liked the Screamin Cheetah Wheelies and a group called The Bogmen, who played the style with more attitude. Their "The Big Burn" is a great kiss-off song.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:53 am

I like them in doses. I like the harmonica action.

I remember hearing the Screaming Cheetah Wheelies years ago! I remember them having a fun, infectious sound....but can't really remember details....
Back to top Go down

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:08 am

John Popper = The Yngwie Malmsteen of the Harmonica
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:29 am

Awesome band cant go wrong with any jam bands..

Popper is amazing on the harmonica..
Back to top Go down

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 11:51 am

Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies. I remember them. They had a hit song back in the day. I used to own an album by them long ago. Maybe I should check them out again?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:54 am

I have 3 cds from SCW all are good!

Wargod48

NP: Vougan - Mind Exceeding
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:51 pm

I'm sure some of you might be aware of this but archive.org has a long list of jam bands that have legally allowed concert tapes to be posted. A lot to go through but there is some quality stuff up there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blues Traveler Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blues Traveler   Blues Traveler Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blues Traveler
Page 1 of 1