Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

concept albums

Go down 
+16
nevermore
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
TheGooch
Olafsto
kmorg
Tall Tyrion
MetalRob331
Invader
T-Roy
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Mglaffas81
Fat Freddy
caniplaywithmadness?
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:26 am

yup, most of them are totally overblown and bloated but theres obviously exceptions. what are some ppls favourite concept albums?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:30 am

Top three:
Savatage's STREETS: A ROCK OPERA
Queensryche: OPERATION MINDCRIME
W.A.S.P. - THE CRIMSON IDOL

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:31 am

I have one name for you - KING DIAMOND 🤘
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 am

i'm listening to dios magica at the mo. kickass album, one of his best 🤘
Back to top Go down

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:42 am

Twilight of the Gods - Bathory
Hammerheart - Bathory
Nordland I - Bathory
Nordland II - Bathory
Blood On Ice - Bathory
Excalibur - Grave Digger
Knights Of The Cross - Grave Digger
Tunes Of War - Grave Digger
The Grave Digger - Grave Digger
Rheingold - Grave Digger
Phobos - Voivod
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 am

Queensryche-Operation Mindcrime
Sacred Warrior-Wicked Generation
King Diamond-Abigail
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:10 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:

I agree, but you won't find many people who agree with you.

One of the greatest PINK FLOYD - The Wall

Also,
ALICE COOPER - The Last Temptation
ALICE COOPER - Welcome to My Nightmare

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 am

I don't know what this phrase means....never heard of it.
Back to top Go down

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:13 am

ultmetal wrote:
ALICE COOPER - Welcome to My Nightmare

Wow, that's my favorite album of all time, how did I miss that one? Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:17 am

T-Roy wrote:

A "concept album" is an album in which all of the songs/lyrics are tied together to tell a story from beginning to end.

Sometimes they're also known as "rock operas"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:19 am

AHHHH, coolio! On that note...I don't think I've ever heard a concept album! LOL!

What about: Deliverance - Weapons of Our Warfare? It's kind of "themed" on spiritual warfare. Or is it more of a real, tangible story line throughout?
Back to top Go down

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:20 am

T-Roy wrote:

What about: Deliverance - Weapons of Our Warfare? It's kind of "themed" on spiritual warfare. Or is it more of a real, tangible story line throughout?

I would consider it one.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:23 am

Grave Digger - Excalibur
King Diamond - Abigail
King Diamond - Them
King Diamond - Conspiracy
Voivod - Dimension Hatross

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:24 am

T-Roy wrote:
AHHHH, coolio! On that note...I don't think I've ever heard a concept album! LOL!

I wouldn't consider "Weapons" a strict "concept" album cuz I always think of a concept album as having an actual storyline (with characters, a plot, etc.) but that's just me.

It's a classic album, no matter what you wanna call it, tho. 🤘

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

A "concept album" is an album in which all of the songs/lyrics are tied together to tell a story from beginning to end.

Sometimes they're also known as "rock operas"
lol! I'm laughing at my ignorance right now. Because I've heard you guys say "Rock Opera" allot and I literally thought it must be some genre with opera/theatre fused with metal/rock and I've always thought...what a bunch of pu!@ies, they like that stuff!? Ohhhhh, I need to get out more.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:29 am

So I see you like a Queensryche one Freddy. I like them, I'll have to check it out. What are some other ones I might like...more on the lines of hard/heavy thrash/deathy? Ones with a real storyline. Sounds very cool! Like reading a book or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:29 am

Most of the Pagans Mind cds are about the discovery of a portal to another universe where humans and aliens engage in war.

Pretty much like the show Stargate..

So any Pagans Mind release..
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:30 am

oohhh, that sounds cool!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:40 am

T-Roy wrote:
oohhh, that sounds cool!

listen to the song Alien Kamikaze from Pagans Mind below

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=HKMIFHZGDFLD
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:42 am

T-Roy wrote:
So I see you like a Queensryche one Freddy. I like them, I'll have to check it out. What are some other ones I might like...more on the lines of hard/heavy thrash/deathy? Ones with a real storyline. Sounds very cool! Like reading a book or something.

You've NEVER heard Queensryche's "Operation: Mindcrime?" Shocked Good grief, T-Roy, where have you BEEN?

No, but seriously, it's not only one of my fave concept records, but one of my fave albums, period. They did release a long awaited "Part II" last year which wasn't quite as awesome as the original (what sequel ever is?) but it was the first Queensryche album I'd heard in quite a long time that didn't totally suck, so it was still a nice surprise.

I can't think of any death/thrashy type concept albums, tho I'm sure there must be some out there... I'm sure someone here can recommend somethin' in that vein for ya

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:45 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:

I love MAGICA too. Although to be honest, I have never really been able to make heads or tails out of the storyline. Smile I know Ronnie explains the whole thing in the spoken-word track at the end but I've never been able to make it through that entire track, it bores me to sleep!

Great songs on that one though. I especially dig "Turn To Stone" and "Feed My Head" (ALL IS LOST! HOPE IS DEAD!)

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:45 am

dang, this is good! The music is killer lots of heavy grooves, technical, great solos. I love the main riff too.

3, 2, 1, COMMENCE!

I see through spec of terrorvision
Await my turn, prepare countdown
Massive loaded battery stations
Enigmatic cycles, A.I.
Wildfire

Nightsky raging, engines burning
I come alive, The Undertaker
I hunt them down, my engines'
Hellfueled

Take off, lightspeed liquid metal
Cyber engines, all systems go
Hellfire

Speed through the end of time
Racing fast
Spitfire

Ride the sky, sacrifice
Blinded eyes, energize
Ride the sky, I will blind your eyes

Spitfire
Ride the sky, sacrifice
Blinded eyes, energize
Channelize, blackened skies
Ride the sky, I will blind your eyes
Spitfire

cool lyrics! 🤘
Back to top Go down

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:51 am

Quote :
So I see you like a Queensryche one Freddy. I like them, I'll have to check it out.

You've never heard that album?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:51 am

I cant get enough of this band. Pagans Mind is one of the few bands i will pay to make sure i have the cd when its released.

Yes they are insanely talented and there guitarist Jorn Lofstad is my fav guitarist right now because between the riffs and the solos this man is a one man wrecking ball..
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:54 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
So I see you like a Queensryche one Freddy. I like them, I'll have to check it out.

You've never heard that album?
No sir. I've never actually owned any Q. Just heard stuff here and there and liked what I heard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

concept albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: concept albums   concept albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

concept albums
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next