Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how many copies of Into the Pit?

Go down 
+3
7thSecond
Mglaffas81
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage

how many copies of Into the Pit? Empty
PostSubject: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:59 am

Just curious, but it seems like with all the positive reviews, etc that "Into the Pit" must be the best selling Ultimatum album to date.

How many copies have sold so far? More than 10,000?

Also, how many copies have sold of the older albums? Do you guys know?

Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:05 am

blackieboy wrote:
Just curious, but it seems like with all the positive reviews, etc that "Into the Pit" must be the best selling Ultimatum album to date.

Smile

I honestly have no idea. I doubt it's over 10,000 copies. "Puppet of Destruction" might have sold that many copies as it had national distribution into the CD stores as well as on-line. "Into the Pit" is being sold almost exclusively on-line, with the exception of a handful of CD stores.

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:37 am

Man "Into the Pit" should sell over 100,000 copies. You guys should make a profit on it ya know?

You guys are TOTALLY underrated.

I hope you sell a bunch of albums this year!!!

CHEERS and HAPPY NEW YEARS ULTIMATUM!!!!

🤘 🤘 Happy
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:42 am

ultmetal wrote:
blackieboy wrote:

Smile

I honestly have no idea. I doubt it's over 10,000 copies. "Puppet of Destruction" might have sold that many copies as it had national distribution into the CD stores as well as on-line. "Into the Pit" is being sold almost exclusively on-line, with the exception of a handful of CD stores.

They must keep track of it somewhere. I have no clue on how it works...but just a wild guess..doesn't the record company keep track? ..don't you have the right to know everything about your own record?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:12 am

Yes, the record company has to keep track of it. However, they haven't let us know yet. They usually have six months to disclose that information.

It's a bit weird now though. You have the iTunes factor. There are pressed CD copies and then there are the iTunes copies. I know several people who have purchased the album through iTunes. I don't know how that figures into "copies sold". It's our first album to have been released on iTunes.

ult

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:18 pm

I believe the Itunes copies are disclosed and figured in with the regular copies. Also, if there are vinyl copies - that figures in too.

I really think that the record label you are on should do a better job of marketing. If this album was in stores like Hastings, Best Buy, etc - it would sell. The album cover art alone would grab browsers.

Anyway - I'm not sure how all that works, but I know a lot of bands suffer from 'under' marketing.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 6:42 pm

blackieboy wrote:
The album cover art alone would grab browsers
Yeah and I bet many would be quite suprised when they played it and read the lyric sheet. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:49 am

7thSecond wrote:
blackieboy wrote:
The album cover art alone would grab browsers
Yeah and I bet many would be quite suprised when they played it and read the lyric sheet. 🤘

headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:09 am

Well, unfortunately Retroactive is a small, independent company. They have no major distribution behind them, so they can't really get into the major chains. They do have us selling through places like Century Media, TheEndRecords, Amazon.com, CDBaby, etc. which are great places for independent metal.

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:13 am

ultmetal wrote:
Well, unfortunately Retroactive is a small, independent company. They have no major distribution behind them, so they can't really get into the major chains. They do have us selling through places like Century Media, TheEndRecords, Amazon.com, CDBaby, etc. which are great places for independent metal.

Yeah, that's great Ult. Most people shop online nowadays anyway.

What I mean by 'marketing' though - is more of stuff like taking out ads in metal magazines. This works amazingly. But again - you are talking about money ... and like you said, Retroactive is a small company.

I just think that some of the best selling albums have always had good marketing behind them. It makes a drastic difference in the big picture.

Smile
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:15 am

blackieboy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Yeah, that's great Ult. Most people shop online nowadays anyway.

What I mean by 'marketing' though - is more of stuff like taking out ads in metal magazines. This works amazingly. But again - you are talking about money ... and like you said, Retroactive is a small company.

I just think that some of the best selling albums have always had good marketing behind them. It makes a drastic difference in the big picture.

Smile

Retroactive are sending out a bunch of promo packs this month to help push the album. They did take some ad space in HM and Heavens Metal. They also put songs on some compilation CDs. However, I do agree, so ads in Metal Maniacs and such would be really helpful.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 3:48 pm

blackieboy wrote:

You guys are TOTALLY underrated.

I total agree with that!!! I had the honor to see these guys play live 3 times they put on one killer live show 110% all the way...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 4:09 pm

If the listener doesn't care about lyrics as a non-Christian but just likes good Thrash then they'll love this. I agree that this could be a big(ger) seller if just the right approach to marketing is made. Of course, that's easier said then done I'm sure!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 9:19 am

ultmetal wrote:

Retroactive are sending out a bunch of promo packs this month to help push the album. They did take some ad space in HM and Heavens Metal. They also put songs on some compilation CDs. However, I do agree, so ads in Metal Maniacs and such would be really helpful.

Is Retroactive gonna send any of those promo packs to mags like Metal Maniacs, BW&BK, etc? Or just to outlets in the Christian scene? If it got reviewed in either Maniacs or Brave Words I'm sure it would get a few people interested.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Is Retroactive gonna send any of those promo packs to mags like Metal Maniacs, BW&BK, etc? Or just to outlets in the Christian scene? If it got reviewed in either Maniacs or Brave Words I'm sure it would get a few people interested.

Mostly to the mainstream metal market I believe. There really aren't too many Christian publications that will give metal the time of day. HM/Heaven't Metal already has the CD for review and have done an interview with the band. Should be in the next issue.

ult

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Mostly to the mainstream metal market I believe. There really aren't too many Christian publications that will give metal the time of day. HM/Heaven't Metal already has the CD for review and have done an interview with the band. Should be in the next issue.

ult

Speaking of Metal Maniacs, Ult, I was flipping thru a couple of old issues @ home over the weekend and saw an Ultimatum pic and ad in their "Shorts" classified section ... must've been an issue from '98 or '99... hadn't noticed that before. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 2:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

ult

Speaking of Metal Maniacs, Ult, I was flipping thru a couple of old issues @ home over the weekend and saw an Ultimatum pic and ad in their "Shorts" classified section ... must've been an issue from '98 or '99... hadn't noticed that before. Smile

That's cool. Metal Maniacs use to be real cool to us. Just about anything I sent them they would include.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 10:18 am

that album really should do well beause its very very good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 11:12 pm

Quote :
Retroactive are sending out a bunch of promo packs this month to help push the album.

Make sure they have the address for UncleSaxon Records Inc. I hear they are quite active in the local Twin Cities Metal scene!
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 1:36 am

LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:57 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Quote :
Retroactive are sending out a bunch of promo packs this month to help push the album.

Make sure they have the address for UncleSaxon Records Inc. I hear they are quite active in the local Twin Cities Metal scene!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how many copies of Into the Pit?   how many copies of Into the Pit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how many copies of Into the Pit?
Page 1 of 1