Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.

Go down 
+2
kmorg
metalhead777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Empty
PostSubject: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Taken from a recent Facebook post from the band.

about "The Forsaken".. .. ahem.. if you are wondering if you have an official release... there are ways for discovering. i have seen the album on different record companies, with different colors and so on. I am not fully informed by endtime records, but i find it a bit weird if another company than endtime is credited. the thing is.. that there is a hidden track on it. and to play that track, you have to rewind to about -50 seconds BEFORE rites of death. and my guess is that the pirate copies do not have that option. Have you bought it from endtime or nordic mission, it is official for sure......so there it is.. a secret no longer a secret
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:32 am

Ha, how is that even possible?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 am

I have a current rock cd where the first track is silence, but it is usually skipped when I insert it. If I start rewinding from track 1 after it starts playing, then I can hear it/see it on the LED display.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 11:43 am

mlotek wrote:
I have a current rock cd where the first track is silence, but it is usually skipped when I insert it. If I start rewinding from track 1 after it starts playing, then I can hear it/see it on the LED display.
I have to say, if The Forsaken is ever reissued I would love to see it as a real track. Because the way it was hidden just seems stupid.
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Well, here's an oldy coldy.

Not sure many people will care much about this, but I think it's kinda cool.

I'm ripping my collection for archiving purposes, and the program I'm using, dBpoweramp, will reveal these hidden tracks (to my delight) when ripping. The one mentioned above on The Forsaken is just a slightly different, shorter version of "Det Tapte Liv" from the EP of the same name...however, there's also one on The Defeat of Satan, as Track 00, and it's not anywhere else. It's over 8 min long and is very dark, foreboding, and dreamlike/creepy. Fun stuff. Great lyrics, too...once you reverse it. Yes, it's backwards, originally.

Just thought I'd share. If some of you have the Defeat of Satan disc, try it out. It compliments the album, for sure.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:45 pm

My head is spinning. I didn't know such things were possible.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:48 pm

wait I didn't even know that was possible. Whenever I pick up the CD I'll have to check!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.   Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Antestor reveals hidden track on The Forsaken/pirated copies.
Page 1 of 1