Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL

Go down 
+5
nevermore
SideShowDisaSter
krokus
Fat Freddy
Vordul
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So what is this? A buncha broads pretending to be rock stars or sumptin?

Laughing very hard It's pretty good stuff actually. The first and last tracks are the only ones I'd really call "thrash," all the stuff in between is kinda mid-tempo straight up metal. The singer chick (who was once Joey BellaDonna's girlfriend according to RockDetector) has a pretty good voice too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:10 am

Sure is, young man.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard It's pretty good stuff actually. The first and last tracks are the only ones I'd really call "thrash," all the stuff in between is kinda mid-tempo straight up metal. The singer chick (who was once Joey BellaDonna's girlfriend according to RockDetector) has a pretty good voice too.

So they're heavier than say, Vixen? More akin to someone like Phantom Blue?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

So they're heavier than say, Vixen? More akin to someone like Phantom Blue?

I don't think I've ever heard Phantom Blue, but yea, Meanstreak would definitely kick Vixen's spandex-clad little butts.

(Which is a scene I would love to see captured on video. Hubba hubba.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:21 am

Some Meanstreak info & pix (click their logo on the left side of the page)

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/metalqueens/index-.htm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:43 am

Big Dave,

A tougher version of Phantom Blue. But I love them as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 11:48 am

Ahhh FOOK! I can't get the download to work on my computer. Oh well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:12 pm

I have the original cd. Will trade for the right offer....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:16 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

My collection is yours to explore. I want that sucker!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Would you take a baby? We have 2 of them at the moment and it's really not working out like I'd hoped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Would you take a baby? We have 2 of them at the moment and it's really not working out like I'd hoped.

I'll up his offer of a baby and create one especially for you. It more than likely will be brown due to genetics, but I'll talk to Jen tonite if you are interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:30 pm

Wow - you guys are going down the wrong road. I just got my baby out of the house a year ago. My life is perfect - why mess that up?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:44 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Wow - you guys are going down the wrong road. I just got my baby out of the house a year ago. My life is perfect - why mess that up?

Alright, how about a kidney or extra liver? I have some transients currently residing in the guest shack out back. Just say the word and I'm off to the store for more chloroform and gauze.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:05 pm

I actually managed to get this on Ebay for a halfway decent price, and boy does it kick ass! It's even heavier then Phantom Blue(whose debut album I also managed to score for a decent price on Ebay)

BTW here's the title track:

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Been jammin' this CD the last couple days. It's not really thrash, more akin to Metal Church, Reverend, Meliah Rage and the like. I'd call it US Power Metal, which straddled the fence between traditional heavy metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saint, etc.) and U.S. thrash (Metallica, Megadeth, Overkill, etc.) The first and last songs are the closest to thrash, while the rest of the album is more mid-paced heavy metal with many Iron Maiden influences.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:13 pm

This one needs a re-issue. Originals are out of my price range.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:47 pm

I really like it. Well worth a proper re-issue. Great vocals. Heavy guitars. headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This one needs a re-issue. Originals are out of my price range.

I agree
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Not only a re-issue but a reunion is needed. I got lucky when some guy was dumping one on amazon. Still cost a bit but for what it usually goes for it was a great bargain. And it was a legit one too. Too many boots floating around for this one.

This is one of those rarities that I actually play all the time. It doesn't just sit on the shelf like a collectors piece.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:46 am

jstate wrote:
And it was a legit one too. Too many boots floating around for this one.

That's why I'm afraid to buy one online. I've seen a coulpe of too-good-to-be-true listings and decided against it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 pm

I'd avoid getting one online since vegascds/hairmetalheaven flooded the market with them. If you do find one make sure you ask all the questions. The guy I got mine from was quick to not only answer my questions but he also sent pictures. Got extremely lucky getting that deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL   MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEANSTREAK - ROADKILL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2