Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scar Symmetry

Go down 
+9
zombiewalkin
EvyMetal
juanmiguel
Vordul
nevermore
mc666
Smindas
ghost
MetalRob331
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:32 am

These guys are one of the few bands nowadays that i really enjoy. The music is heavy with tons of melody. The singer uses both death and clean vocals on the tracks. Any you guys enjoy them?

Heres a few videos and a link to there myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=32456680

]
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:38 am

My son is a big fan of them. I listen to them sometimes but they are not my favorites.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:48 am

There are only a handful of bands that i listen to that are like these guys.

Mercenary imo stands alone in this genre but i find myself playing this cd a lot..
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:12 am

I've listened to bits and pieces of their stuff, it seems good. They put on a decent live show as well, I caught them at a fest earlier this year.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:33 am

nothing extraordinary, but i like them fine.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 12:59 pm

I have Pitch Black Progress. It's a good cd. I'd like to check out some of their other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:38 pm

GOLEM - EVIL NEVER DIES

🤘 is the best melo-death cd i've ever heard
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 3:44 am

one of my favorite bands
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:01 am

ive got one of their songs off of pitch black, from a sampler. As far as ive listened to it, its pretty good.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:38 am

Songs from the new album are available at their MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/scarsymmetry
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:50 am

Interesting mix. I wouldnt mind hearing more.
Back to top Go down

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Great band for what they do. The singer is on an album called Miseration-Your Demons their Angels that sounds a lot like SS.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 10:02 am

New cd is mind blowing imo.. You can preview the whole cd here

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=32456680

It has that Fear Factory demanufacture sound mixed with beautiful melodies and some serious head banging riffs...
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:41 pm

I love Soilwork, and someone told me if I love Soilwork, that Scar Symmatry would blow me away. I just thought they blew though. I much prefer Soilwork....

To each their own though.
Back to top Go down

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 pm

Anyone get this yet? From what i've heard there's more clean vocals which aren't bad but different.
Back to top Go down

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:31 pm

Just picked this up and it's good. You like their fist two you will like this. More clean vocals but the singer can pull it off and it's very technical again. Maybe a little more melodic then the first two. I would say if you like Arch Enemy or Into Eternity there's something for you to like on this.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:53 pm

One of my favorite songs of the year right here..

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:18 pm

their good though generic
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:55 pm

I dont think there generic and have one heck of a sound. BTW Christian is no longer in the band so that is also a big loss.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:55 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
I dont think there generic and have one heck of a sound. BTW Christian is no longer in the band so that is also a big loss.

When I listened to them it always felt as if I've heard the riffs and such before but, it is enjoyable. and its sad about christian
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:59 pm

Sounds like they're going with two singers. Hard to replace Christian I guess.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:45 pm

christian alvestam is in this band now

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Just picked up The Unseen Empire, and I'm loving the listen. I like the musical arrangements and I like the vocal variety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scar Symmetry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scar Symmetry   Scar Symmetry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scar Symmetry
Page 1 of 1